Phil Mickelson Thread

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I've always found myself rooting for lefty. I wonder how much longer he'll be able to compete at this high level?

Class act!

I've been watching him for years and love watching him play. Always cool to see lefties play. I play golf with a guy that is a lefty and I don't drive the cart anymore when we play bc I always pull up to the ball like he's a righty so I just let him drive now haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think he can be like a DLIII, Vijay, Jimenez and play on the PGA tour into his fifties. I'm just not sure he can pull off many more wins.

He is a fan favorite and I hope he plays the champions tour for awhile.

Im hoping quite a while as I really enjoy watching him!

He is my favorite player. His ability to catch fire makes him so much fun to watch.

Being a lefty myself I root for him pretty much always. I hope he sticks around for quite sometime, I like watching him play.

I think as long as he can still go on the PGA he will continue to play. Once that is over he will be done. He doesn't strike me as the type that will play many events on the Champions tour.

He's been my favorite since I started playing almost 22 years ago at the age of 12 - I still remember seeing him on TV for the first time and saying "He hits from the same side as me!"

I'd love to see him stay competitive on tour for several more years.

I can't believe we don't already have a Philly Mick thread! Nice work Icey!

He's by far one of my all time favorites. I'd like to see him keep up a solid level of play to at least make the Ryder Cup team in '18. I think he can legitimately do that. Anything beyond that for ol Phil is a bonus!

I have always admired the way he plays the game and his aggressiveness.

He's by far one of my all time favorites. I'd like to see him keep up a solid level of play to at least make the Ryder Cup team in '18. I think he can legitimately do that. Anything beyond that for ol Phil is a bonus!
That would be solid if he can get a spot on the Ryder Cup this year!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My wife's favorite golfer.

I hope he wins the career grand slam.

I want to see Lefty get the career grand slam - every time I think about a US Open I think of Phil at Winged Foot....

believe it or not we already do. Perhaps a mod would like to merge https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?52515-Official-Phil-Mickelson-thread/page8

I'm not a big Mickelson fan. I don't have anything against him either. He just doesn't "move the needle" for me. It just seems that when it comes down to him vs another player I find myself rooting for the other guy. By all accounts a nice guy, generous tipper who takes care of the club house guys and fans.

On the golfing side he is one of if not my favorites to watch and root for. I hope he achieves the career grand slam. On the personal side I really like and appreciate him as a person. He has overcome the moniker of a STAN or FIGJAM as he matured. I have had some behind the scenes looks at his foundation, He and his wife Amy are genuine and truly care about the work they do. They believe they have been blessed and it is their duty to share it with others.

Every time I watch a tournament and Lefty is entered, I watch..................holding my breath for the inevitable "Oh No". Seems he has one about every 27 holes. There's been some BIG wins though too like the Scottish Open then the British Open one year. No "Oh No's" on Sunday against Stenson at last years British Open. That duel on Sunday was as good as the Tom Watson vs Jack Nicklaus duel at Carnoustie years ago.

I'm always waiting for something sideways with Phil. Imagine if he averaged 11 fairways in his career, or throttling back his aggression on most occasions. Yes he has a GREAT short game, but jeez........he gets tons of practice with his misses around the greens. Especially his short side misses. Of course if Phil was fairways and greens, he wouldn't be Phil either.

Love the lefty, go Phil! I'm pulling for him and the grand slam.

Been rooting for Phil for a long time. My wife actually likes him and she knows little about golf... "That Phil is a handsome fella!"

Never been a fan but also never root against him. His Open win was electric and one of the best times I've ever had in watching championship golf.

Phil has been my favorite player since watching him win the 1991 Northern Telecom Open as an amateur. Since that time, I watch as much of Phil playing as possible.

There are so many playing moments of his that are forever burned into my brain & I can remember exactly where I was when they happened. I've also had the chance to meet him & Bones briefly to get some autographs. Both super nice guys.

Their was recently an article on the golf channel site where he was talking about his continued play and Tiger's lack of it. He stated
that his swing was built so that it didn't put a lot of pressure on his lower back. He didn't see any reason why he wouldn't be able to
play for some time yet.

Now that Tiger is basically out of it, I think that Phil should be getting the attention. He is one of the greats of all time, but totally had been overshadowed in the Woods era. He deserves a lot more press than he gets!

Back