Phil Mickelson Thread

Phil puts on a great show for the fans and the TV networks, and his record speaks for itself with 42 Tour wins and 5 majors.

His style of play drives me crazy sometimes, almost like that little brother that you were always worried over while handing him the keys to your car.

am a big fan of Phil, some of you may have heard me say in flop shot situation, "most people say what would Phil do? but Phil says what would Maddog701 do?....lol

Phil puts on a great show for the fans and the TV networks, and his record speaks for itself with 42 Tour wins and 5 majors.

His style of play drives me crazy sometimes, almost like that little brother that you were always worried over while handing him the keys to your car.

That's a big part of the fun in watching Phil play.

am a big fan of Phil, some of you may have heard me say in flop shot situation, "most people say what would Phil do? but Phil says what would Maddog701 do?....lol

That's funny. One of my playing partners, after he puts himself in jail, will pretend he is Bones having a conversation with Phil. Yeah Phil, there is a 1 inch opening 15 yards left of that massive redwood tree, if you play a trap draw I think you have this shot. Thanks Bones, I think so too.

This is absolutely astounding ....
b7af12ae2c7388ae431a815ef1773eac.jpg

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

One words describes Phil "Class"...some have it... some don't!

He seems to be on the leader page 1 each week this year.

Phil has always been my favorite and always will be. He's a class act and is very exciting to watch. I'd love to see him win the US Open before he calls it a career.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I swear we have a bigger Mickelson thread than this one, but I can't find it right now. Anyway . . .

We know how good he is and he seems to me to be a great husband and dad. I went from Greg Norman directly to Phil. Guess I like watching guys working on the edge.He is'nt going to get that US Open I guess but he is in a special place in the golf world.

Oh no. What did I just watch? The awkwardness of those moves just ooze and make me uncomfortable.

~Rock

He is a freak of nature. He's still going strong...even when everyone thinks his best days are behind him.

Regarding his character, I lost a lot of respect for Lefty after the way I saw him treat Tom Watson at the RC...and even more after he hit his moving ball at the Open.

I still like him, but he's rubbed me the wrong way more than once.

Not a fan. Have never been a fan. He's one of my least liked athletes regardless of sport.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

While you have every right to your feelings about Phil what is the data your using to say he is so disliked. Hey you may be right but outside of Tiger there are few players who move tv ratings and general interest in the game. I don’t know him but to me he seems like a good family guy.

I like him. He seems like a good guy ,family orientated and a genuine sportsman. His defining moment was the thumbs up to Rose after the putt at Medinah.

Not a huge fan of Phil, but I like to see a guy who is my age still sticking it to the young guns on the tour. Keeps my irrational dreams afloat.

It's hard to say what kind of person he is from the outside looking in. Steve Williams basically said he's a pr-ck who "thinks he knows everthing". Granted Steven Williams calling someone a pr-ck seems like it's the pot calling the kettle black because he comes off a bit abrasive in his own right, but there might be more to Philly than we see. I never had any issues with him until his treatment of Tom Watson following the RC. It was at that point that I started to view him less positively. Whatever. I am still a fan of his skills - oldest player to win Pebble now, today. He's a legit force and I wouldn't at all be surprised if he won another major...or even that perpetually elusive toughest of all tournaments to win: The US Open. I would certainly be rooting for him to do it.

The oldies must be praying he doesn’t fancy playing any senior majors when he turns 50.

Maybe Phil is a different person off the course from on, but when you see him on course interacting with fans (kids) it is always positive. That is the mark of a good man.

So is this the year Phil wins his first US Open???

Maybe Phil is a different person off the course from on, but when you see him on course interacting with fans (kids) it is always positive. That is the mark of a good man.

I think quite a few guys on tour are pretty good on "putting on a show". Not saying he is as I wont comment on the stories Ive heard, just pointing my thought out.

I think quite a few guys on tour are pretty good on "putting on a show". Not saying he is as I wont comment on the stories Ive heard, just pointing my thought out.

You may be correct. They all have there own way when on and off the course.

Phil has grown a lot on me the past few years. I was never a huge fan, partly because he was Tiger's no. 1 competitor, but I'm enjoying old Phil, just like I'm enjoying an older, softer Tiger. And, no matter what (good or bad), you know Phil will entertain with his play and some of the outrageous shots he pulls off.

Back