Phil Mickelson Thread

I would like to know how he picked up 6mph driver speed over last year. Pretty nuts considering his age.

I would like to know how he picked up 6mph driver speed over last year. Pretty nuts considering his age.
Probably went to a 50g shaft and added an inch to his driver! Didnt you know that was the secret? :clown:

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I bet it has something to do with a change in his workout program which probably incorporates flexibility training and following the super speed golf regimen. I think over and under loading is so crucial for increasing speed and I think this may be one of the main reasons for his success. Either way it’s kind of cool to see him keep up with the young guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil has grown a lot on me the past few years. I was never a huge fan, partly because he was Tiger's no. 1 competitor, but I'm enjoying old Phil, just like I'm enjoying an older, softer Tiger. And, no matter what (good or bad), you know Phil will entertain with his play and some of the outrageous shots he pulls off.

10 million in the bank will mellow a guy out I guess. I think you're right about his wedge play. I think he likes to entertain the gallery and himself.

Never forget: TW almost won the OPEN at age 59. Yes, it's the Open - where an older guy might be able to keep up in those bump-run Links courses - but I think Phil has a decade of good golf left in him.

Tiger’s not that old yet :alien:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Tiger doesn't pull through in the U.S. Open, I could definitely cheer for Phil to win it this year. He can obviously play that course. Would be nice to see another finish off the Grand Slam.

I think quite a few guys on tour are pretty good on "putting on a show". Not saying he is as I wont comment on the stories Ive heard, just pointing my thought out.

You got that right.

For the driver Phil is using more effort than he did earlier in his career. Swinging out of his shoes, so to speak.

Actually nobody has won the US Open Golf Tournament five times. Willie Anderson, Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan, and Jack Nicklaus have all won four US Opens. After that Hale Irwin and Tiger Woods have both won three.

Phil is a master of all shots. It's amazing how he is able to turn a bad lie into something good.

I wonder how much of different PB will play for the US Open compared to AT&T....

I assume it will def be drier and the greens will be faster and rough will be thicker.

Actually nobody has won the US Open Golf Tournament five times. Willie Anderson, Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan, and Jack Nicklaus have all won four US Opens. After that Hale Irwin and Tiger Woods have both won three.

Northerner was talking about THE Open Championship, not the US Open.

Love watching Lefty play. What an awesome golfer and human being with one of the best short games I've ever seen.

He's easily top-10 all-time. The best southpaw to ever play too.

Phil is destroying his driver (335 today on average), but he's been pretty damn wayward with it. 57% fairways today and I know a few of them were less than driver that actually hit.

I think he's still in Rogue this week. If he can harness that power it's going to be awesome with his short game, but man.. Something is missing.

Phil is destroying his driver (335 today on average), but he's been pretty damn wayward with it. 57% fairways today and I know a few of them were less than driver that actually hit.

I think he's still in Rogue this week. If he can harness that power it's going to be awesome with his short game, but man.. Something is missing.

We all know that a course with narrow fairways doesn't suit him all that well, I was shocked when he won this event last year. But as good as his iron play has been this year, he probably can't wait to get to Augusta to get on those fairways and greens.

We all know that a course with narrow fairways doesn't suit him all that well, I was shocked when he won this event last year. But as good as his iron play has been this year, he probably can't wait to get to Augusta to get on those fairways and greens.

Yeah, I’m thinking he will be in the hunt come Augusta. I’m not thrilled about it personally. But, I do think he will be in the thick of it.

I stand by my traditional masters rooting interests, #ABB...anybody but bubba.

Yeah, I’m thinking he will be in the hunt come Augusta. I’m not thrilled about it personally. But, I do think he will be in the thick of it.

I stand by my traditional masters rooting interests, #ABB...anybody but bubba.

see you got that ABB wrong

should be Always Bet Bubba

Maybe he just wants to bomb-and-gouge it around there for his fourth Green Jacket.

Phil owns social media!!!

Oh, Phil.
15c76473fdf797563966e2e69b139aa1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back