Trying to break 85 club

Shot a 44/43 with 36 putts Friday.

I've gone under 85 a couple times, but for now, this thread is where I belong. Except when I put up a 100+ once in a while.... sheesh.

Well you wouldn't believe what I did yesterday in our local skins match! Remember I am a guy that might go two, 3, or 4 rounds and not make any birdies at all. I started out with a double bogey, the next hole is a par 5, I chip one in for Eagle! I went par, bogey for the next 6 holes and I finished with a birdie. I double bogeyed the 10th hole and then went par birdie birdie par! The 1st birdie was a double breaker 25 footer that I was really hoping to not 3 putt. The 2nd birdie was from off the green, it was a 20 footer downhill putt, It was really moving when it hit the flag stick, bounced up and went in. The 3rd birdie on the back was the 17th hole which is probably the hardest hole on the course, I missed the green and had to chip from deep rough, I couldn't believe it, I chipped it in!

Yesterday was really my day, talk about luck!

Well you wouldn't believe what I did yesterday in our local skins match! Remember I am a guy that might go two, 3, or 4 rounds and not make any birdies at all. I started out with a double bogey, the next hole is a par 5, I chip one in for Eagle! I went par, bogey for the next 6 holes and I finished with a birdie. I double bogeyed the 10th hole and then went par birdie birdie par! The 1st birdie was a double breaker 25 footer that I was really hoping to not 3 putt. The 2nd birdie was from off the green, it was a 20 footer downhill putt, It was really moving when it hit the flag stick, bounced up and went in. The 3rd birdie on the back was the 17th hole which is probably the hardest hole on the course, I missed the green and had to chip from deep rough, I couldn't believe it, I chipped it in!

Yesterday was really my day, talk about luck!
Four birdies and an eagle! I can say I've never done that. I've had eagles and I've had four birdies in a round, but never together. How'd your score turn out?

Four birdies and an eagle! I can say I've never done that. I've had eagles and I've had four birdies in a round, but never together. How'd your score turn out?
I've never done anything close to that. my score was a 76.

I shot a 40 in league tonight with one birdie.

I've been in the high 80's and low 90's all summer but finally shot an 84 last time out. It felt good but my game is very inconsistent right now. I holed a wedge from 92 yards for birdie....on a par 3. I chunked my iron from the tee box. Geez... but I'll take it

Currently working on some swing changes. Contact has been great but I’m a bit directionally challenged. Honestly my miss is a pull. At 150 yards we are talking 25 ft to the left. It’s very tempting to bail on it, but my distances are dead on and I accepted the worse before better theory. I may need to video my swing to figure it out. 88 today and my driver swing is still a struggle more that not , but seems to be slowly improving.

I have been scoring below 85 quite often now. My last 5 rounds were under 85. I'm going to head over to the trying to break 80 thread.

Who knows, I may be back to this one!

Just the opposite for me. Haven’t broke 90 in awhile so I’ll have to move over to that thread😀 Hope we don’t see you on this thread again! Good luck!

I am up and down like the waves of the sea. I will get low/mid/high 80s, 90s, and then the occasional 100s, LOL Hopefully I get find some steadiness somewhere. I think I hover in the low 90s the most.

I'm right on the edge between this thread and the "Breaking 90" thread, kinda have a toe in both pools. I've been breaking 90 fairly consistently lately, but hovering in the 83-87 range with the occasional 90+ thrown in.

Back