Trying to break 85 club

Things are really going good for me now! My last six rounds are as follows 84, 39, 83, 83, 78, 39. The 39 I shot last night included two birdies and I missed two more birdies by inches! I haven't lost a golf ball in several rounds! It's amazing how things can change. I struggled so much this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Great playing! You're giving us all hope out here.

Things are really going good for me now! My last six rounds are as follows 84, 39, 83, 83, 78, 39. The 39 I shot last night included two birdies and I missed two more birdies by inches! I haven't lost a golf ball in several rounds! It's amazing how things can change. I struggled so much this year.

Might be just about time to kick you out of this club and send you to the Trying to break 80 club.

Glad to see this from you! I'm 5 shots behind on my scores, got some work to do!

Well crap I kind of blew up tonight! One of the scratch golfers offered to play me $5 per hole during League Play. He also gave me a stroke a hole! I really blew up with two triples! I shot a 43 , I had one birdie. I lost $5 to him! Man was I bummed out. It's amazing how that extra pressure really got to me.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Well crap I kind of blew up tonight! One of the scratch golfers offered to play me $5 per hole during League Play. He also gave me a stroke a hole! I really blew up with two triples! I shot a 43 , I had one birdie. I lost $5 to him! Man was I bummed out. It's amazing how that extra pressure really got to me.

Pressure is a huge thing. I've been trying to learn how to play with it and perform but it's not easy. You just have to get yourself in lots of similar experiences.

Well I shot a 43 / 43 tonight. I had three doubles and I didn't putt very good. I had one down hill 4 foot hard breaking putt for birdie. I hit it a little too hard and it rolled 5 ft passed! I then proceeded to miss that putt coming back, I turned my birdie into a bogey!

I did not continue my good play, I struggled off the tee and just wasn't making solid shots.

What a game!

Well crap. 44 / 44 shot an 88 today. Everything that was going so well is now off the tracks. My timing is screwed up again I really struggled off the tee today. Three off the tee is a real killer, not sure what is going on

Me thinks these is mine Grupie

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

I've been doing a pretty good job of breaking 90. I feel like I need to change my goal. Breaking 80 seems a little ambitious and unrealistic at this point in my game. I'd like to start this thread of trying to break 85. That's my new goal to be under 85. I shot an 85 today and felt like I left four or five shots out there on the course with duffed shots, penalties, and three putts

How do we joint in

86 is my best score to date so this thread caught my eye!:clapp:

Well I played in the Skins game this morning at my club. Started out terrible. Shot a 45 on the front with a triple A couple doubles, lost a couple balls. Made the turn and somehow got things slow down got a little rhythm back , and putted it well. I had 1 birdie and one bogey on the back. So I shot a 45/36 for an 81.

Shot a 87 at a par 70 course.

The magical 85, sub 90 score is really a speed bump on my road.

Today is the second day of my dad's three-day member-guest golf tournament. Yesterday I shot 45 / 41. Once again the pressure of a tournament got to me. I had at least four birdie putts less than 10 feet that I missed! We played against a 33 handicap who played pretty well. He carried their team.

We will see what happens today! We are quite a few points back, I will try to stay calm!

Well it finally happened.

We hit a Tiger Bomb with the Tiger Ball.

My first Hole-In-One!

Finished the round shooting an 80.

I am still in shock.

Won a All Expense Paid trip to Mexico. For 5 days of Golf, Sun and Fun!

cd7a1916aa217fc6123aec9514337f47.jpg
4fe78e9be90f70a8056799f5f2a7575d.jpg
e69692a1672c5bfbd766e317a833982f.jpg
17447bd51a8d5a71f3331b86b8bc3bbf.jpg

That is freaking awesome! Congratulations!

I shot an 85 today in the member guest. 1 triple bogey. I played pretty well. The putter let me down.

Well I'm very pleased with my round today. I shot a 39 with one double and one birdie. This was the final round of the member-guest tournament and the pressure was on because we were close. We didn't make it happen and came in second in our flight. but I'm proud of the way I played today. Other than that one hole, I played solid, my tee game was good, my iron shots were marginal but my chipping and putting helped me out today. No three-putts. I hit 6 greens and four Fairways. Other than one bad slice, the fairways I missed were just off missing the fairway by 5 yards or so.

Started at 10 and it was just a disaster start. 8 over after 4 holes is quite the accomplishment.

On the second 9 I lipped out a birdie on 1 and left a birdie 2 inches short on 2. Towards the end of the round I got real lazy with some short putts just giving away strokes due to carelessness, nobody to blame but myself, nothing unlucky.

Thrilled to shoot what I did considering my start but gotta get back to consistently breaking 85 and flirt with 80. Renewed focus next round.

7f6732b99ae631ab0abf48735e0e78f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started at 10 and it was just a disaster start. 8 over after 4 holes is quite the accomplishment.

On the second 9 I lipped out a birdie on 1 and left a birdie 2 inches short on 2. Towards the end of the round I got real lazy with some short putts just giving away strokes due to carelessness, nobody to blame but myself, nothing unlucky.

Thrilled to shoot what I did considering my start but gotta get back to consistently breaking 85 and flirt with 80. Renewed focus next round.

7f6732b99ae631ab0abf48735e0e78f9.jpg

That's a good recovery. Some solid shooting.

I had another good round tonight. I played my course from the Blues. It's just about 6,600 yards. I shot a 40/42. I had two double bogeys on the back. I missed three birdie putts 5 foot or less! I just couldn't make a birdie but I was happy to have the opportunity for it. I'm not really consistently striking the ball well but I'm keeping it in play. I only lost one ball, I hit my Approach shot fat and it went in the drink , that led to 1 double bogey. The other double bogey came from a topped tee shot.

That's a good recovery. Some solid shooting.

Thanks. Yeah it was just a really bad start. Rough was thick. Lost two golf balls in 4 holes then played the same one the rest of the round. Unfortunate start but hey, it could've been a huge blowup round.

You wouldn't believe my round tonight. I shot a 40! But it was ugly! I hit five serious hooks off the tee. Four of them should have been gone, previous rounds they would have resulted in bogey double-bogey or worse. Hole ten is where we started out on League I hooked one, thought it was gone but found that it bounced back out into the rough just on the edge of the Fairway I was able to hit it close, three-putt and save bogey. Hole 11 I hooked it, it stayed in the woods but I was able to chip out. My third shot I hit a terrible fat shot, my fourth shot I hit it thin and the ball ended up about 12 feet from the hole. I made the putt for par! On the 5th hole of the night I hooked it again and it hit a tree again! Bounce back out almost to the Fairway. I made bogey. On the 7th hole I hit a terrible tee shot it somehow made it to the trees and back to the Fairway. I made bogey. And the 9th hole I hit another big hook but this was a wide-open hole so it didn't hurt me.

A what could've been break 40 type round still happy. A great start and a good look at birdie but those left to right putts give me trouble and I lipped out the Par putt. The next 2 holes I landed just short of the green but still used my putter. On 6 it was an easy 1 putt Par. On 7 I didn't hit a good "birdie putt" and pulled my Par putt left. Oh well.

On 9 was the 1st time I found the rough all round. And I proceeded to thin one low and right OB. Ugh.

It was an enjoyable 9. I swung pretty slow, but I found every fairway but 1. Only used driver on 3 of the 9 holes. 2Hybrid the trusty as usual. Not sure when my next round will be but I'll be sticking to the slow tempo swing!

ec09794fef3c9a23599ae27e56582a8d.jpg

I broke 85 earlier this year, but I go on my buddies golf trip in the 1st week of September and I really want to break 85 on one of the courses we play. It's a shorter course with lot's of tight areas and should favor my game due to the length so 85 is realistic for me. My home course is 6450 from the black tees and I am shooting 90-95 regularly. The course we will be playing is 6400 from the blues and really puts an 8 iron and 9 iron into my hand a lot and I am really good with these clubs. I don't get to hit them much from 6400 yards.

Back