Trying to break 85 club

Finally put a round together on Tuesday and shot 42/41=83 @6500yds.

I was barely able to squeeze out a 38/43: 81 final score.

Avoided all but one 3 putts

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Nice rounds guys!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Shot 40/45= 85 today. 8 shots under my course HDCP. Hit 11/14 FIR.

No Trips.

Had a pretty solid round yesterday. 41/42 for an 83 on a par 71 course. Nothing higher than a bogey, but I had 12 of those. Putting wasn't great, but chipping save my butt several times.

I shot back to back 88 this weekend. My first round was 41 / 47. The second round was 46 / 42. I'm really struggling now with my Approach shots. From 130 to 150 I can't seem to hit the green.

I'm still struggling big time. Tonight was league night, they marked me down for a 44, but it could have just as easily been a 47. They gave me 2 4 foot putts for double bogey, I could have easily miss those, they gave me a three and a half foot breaker for par, that could have easily been missed. I couldn't get off the tee, I couldn't hit a green, I couldn't chip, and my putter let me down. The one green I hit in regulation I three-putted from 16 feet!

I have been struggling on the greens with putting for a little over a week. Been on the greens in regulation and walk off with bogeys. The front nine started that way this morning as well. 7 bogeys 1 dbl and 1 par for 45. Realized I was thinking too much over the putts and relaxed my routine on the back 9 and started making putts again. Had 2 bogeys 1 dbl and 6 pars for 40 to give me a 85.

krispyk;n8881175 said:
I have been struggling on the greens with putting for a little over a week. Been on the greens in regulation and walk off with bogeys. The front nine started that way this morning as well. 7 bogeys 1 dbl and 1 par for 45. Realized I was thinking too much over the putts and relaxed my routine on the back 9 and started making putts again. Had 2 bogeys 1 dbl and 6 pars for 40 to give me a 85.

Sounds like you're on to something. Stick with it. It'll come.

Well my last three 18-hole rounds were all 86. The first two I got off the tee pretty well but I'm still struggling to hit greens. My short game is usually pretty good and I'm often able to save par or bogey. My last round I started out unable to get off the tee. My first two T-shots got sliced into the woods resulting in triple bogeys. I went triple, triple, par, double, double. 10 over in 5 holes! I shot a 48 on the front That round was really a jekyll-and-hyde round because I was able to turn things around on the back. I had one birdie and three bogeys for a 38.

dthogey;n8888129 said:
Well my last three 18-hole rounds were all 86. The first two I got off the tee pretty well but I'm still struggling to hit greens. My short game is usually pretty good and I'm often able to save par or bogey. My last round I started out unable to get off the tee. My first two T-shots got sliced into the woods resulting in triple bogeys. I went triple, triple, par, double, double. 10 over in 5 holes! I shot a 48 on the front That round was really a jekyll-and-hyde round because I was able to turn things around on the back. I had one birdie and three bogeys for a 38.

Do you warm up at all or rush from the car to the first tee?

OGputtnfool;n8889162 said:
Do you warm up at all or rush from the car to the first tee?

I really try to warm up. I'll hit a small bucket of balls on the Range if I can. The last round where I started triple triple was A Rush from work, to the course, to the Tee Box!

dthogey;n8889549 said:
I really try to warm up. I'll hit a small bucket of balls on the Range if I can. The last round where I started triple triple was A Rush from work, to the course, to the Tee Box!

I'll rarely, if ever, hit full shots before a round. I like to try to get in a few minutes of putting (usually, some one-handed 4 footers; some two-handed putts from 3, 6, and 9 feet; and some lag putts of a decent length) and around 10-15 pitches of 20-30 yards to a target. Sometimes, I'll even do this while waiting on the tee.

Well I shot a 40 in League last Wednesday. Again I am really struggling off the tee but my short game saved me. Friday I played at a nice course about 20 miles from home, my struggles off the tee continue, I cannot get my timing down. This time my short game let me down, I three-putted four holes in a row! I shot an 88 with two penalty strokes and a mulligan off the First Tee!

Well now my short game is gone. My last League game I shot a 46. I have developed a slice that is unbelievable compared to how I was getting off the tee with confidence not too long ago. On top of that my short game is off. I am not chipping or putting well.

my struggle off the tee has continued for my last two 18-hole rounds. I shot an 86 and an 88. Each round has had double and triple bogeys along with penalty shots due to slicing Into the Woods.
I am very frustrated!

Went and played a 9 hole coarse (6000yds) for the first time ever and shot 40/43=83 with 2 birdies on the front 9.

Still in the over 100 club. 1st official golf league this year. Any advice for a true rookie?? Its all helpful at this point.

As hard as it will be to try and match your opponent, (driving distance, etc), you have to play your own game. When I forst started league play I shot at least ten strokes over my normal score and it dawned on me I was trying to keep up with hitters that drove it a ways farther than I could but I was trying to kill it to keep up and my score suffered dearly. Once I started playing my own game my score dropped to normal and I was beating a lot of players.

Nice Going Apexfan.

Well today i shot 90. Just leaving to many shots out there. Duffed chips, missed short putts. However over all there is decent improvement even though I’m not getting much practice time in due to the lack of day light.

Heading out today to give it a go. Not the best conditions for scoring low but that doesn’t stop others from scoring low so today may be my time. ;)

Back