Going Lefty.....with GoingLefty

Man, it's just gone off the rails for me in the last week. I played 9 tonight and I just turned it into a practice round I was hitting it so bad. I am overthinking things I think. In my pursuit of finding my swing I may have started to overload on information. May need a reset here, starting tomorrow.

Updated swing. This is a 9i. The short irons are starting to come along, still struggling with the longer clubs.

Your swing is coming along! Light years from where it was a few months ago. Way to go!

Updated swing. This is a 9i. The short irons are starting to come along, still struggling with the longer clubs.

When I struggle with my long irons, it's usually because I try to give them more than my short irons (I think this is a common problem). Use that same swing for all your irons, brother. The only thing that changes are slight ball position changes and your distance from the ball. Like leftshot said, your swing is lightyears ahead of where you started. Keep it simple, my man.

When I struggle with my long irons, it's usually because I try to give them more than my short irons (I think this is a common problem). Use that same swing for all your irons, brother. The only thing that changes are slight ball position changes and your distance from the ball. Like leftshot said, your swing is lightyears ahead of where you started. Keep it simple, my man.

Thanks man, appreciate you guys

The Cape Breton Highlands - Amazing course

The Cape Breton Highlands - Amazing course

Hey guys,

Just got back from a trip to Nova Scotia and played 3 rounds in 2 days at the Highlands in Cape Breton. It's a top 100 course in the world. Didn't get a chance to play Cabot (though I've played Cabot Links twice) this time.

My game was not the best. Conditions for two of the rounds were really windy so that didn't help. My low round was 121, high was 138. The course is only 6500 yards from the tips but the slope is 141! Opened in 1941. It was my home course when I was a junior. Paid $97 one year for a membership as they were putting in irrigation that summer!

Da pics:

ytWw3SO.jpg

xexMh8w.jpg

Can't leave out some food! Best breakfast sandwich of my life. My God.

undefined.jpg
undefined.jpg

syCUSZh.jpg

BexdLEF.jpg

undefined.jpg

undefined.jpg

bo9nUYo.jpg

The little hut you see off in the distance is the halfway shack, literally in the middle of nowhere!

This should be a bucket list course for anyone. Hell you can fly into Cape Breton and check off 3 of the top 100 in the world in one trip. The two courses at Cabot and the Highlands (formerly known as the Cape Breton Highland Links).

Apparently last year a new management group took it over and it was a disaster. I got to golf with a guy that was assistant pro there last year. He said it was terrible. They put the right people in place this year and bam, back to how it should be. It is never going to be a ultra manicured posh course, due to its design and location but it's 9 holes out into the wilderness and 9 holes back in. "Pack a lunch and you're gone for the day." - George Knudson

Hello all,

Been a minute since I've posted. It has not been going well. I have seemingly gone backwards and am hitting it worse and worse every day it seems. This has been almost 2 months like this now. I'm not giving up, still working, still trying. Something will click soon and I'm going to try some new instruction too. I think I'm going to give George Gankas a try. He has a new site launching tomorrow. The stuff I've been working on is just making me worse. Can't hit it past 150 yards.

Hello all,

Been a minute since I've posted. It has not been going well. I have seemingly gone backwards and am hitting it worse and worse every day it seems. This has been almost 2 months like this now. I'm not giving up, still working, still trying. Something will click soon and I'm going to try some new instruction too. I think I'm going to give George Gankas a try. He has a new site launching tomorrow. The stuff I've been working on is just making me worse. Can't hit it past 150 yards.

Golf giveth, golf taketh away, my friend. Keep grinding. Your true lefty swing is in there, somewhere. We're all prone to our swing playing hide and seek. You got this, brother.

Golf giveth, golf taketh away, my friend. Keep grinding. Your true lefty swing is in there, somewhere. We're all prone to our swing playing hide and seek. You got this, brother.

Thanks for the support brother, heading out again today. Going to hit the range in a few minutes and then head to the course. I've been hitting it heavy as hell so I'm just going to try and slow things down and focus on clipping the ball. No worrying about distance today at all.

Back