Who's going to putt with flag in ???

Rule not changing a whole lot for me. Longer putts stays in, shorter out. Subject to change at any time.

I leave it in unless my playing partners want to pull it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in a tournament and left it in for the really long putts but it came out on anything that was about 10' out. Everyone in the group seemed ok with that. But once it came out it stayed out.

Still while I'm playing by myself it stays in all the time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My newly adopted home course actually encourages you to putt with it in. Granted, as much as I love the course they're really strict on pace of play, not that it's a bad thing. They encourage you to take advantage of Equitable Stroke Control and putt with the flagstick in unless you're a twosome.

I was in a tournament and left it in for the really long putts but it came out on anything that was about 10' out. Everyone in the group seemed ok with that. But once it came out it stayed out.

Still while I'm playing by myself it stays in all the time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’ve played 6 rounds in the last few weeks and this is what each group I’ve been in is doing. I like that nobody has to tend the flag on longer putts. I’ve been playing with it in for decades with my 20 plus solo rounds each year so the change is not a big one for me.

In our four, the pins stays in until someone wants it out and then it stays out until the hole is over.

Generally furthest away putts first, and generally the furthest away likes the pin in, if he lags it close, he'll walk in, mark and ask whoever is away next "in or out?". When someone says "out please" that's it for the hole.

Adds zero time.

Our group of 8 agreed to leave it in all of the time for 4 rounds. After those, we decided to leave it in on anything outside the length of the pin. I know it doesn't make a ton of sense, but personally, on long putts I find it helps with my line but on short putts (8' in) it makes the hole look smaller. On the really short ones, I found myself really worried about hitting the pin. Anyone can ask to remove it or leave it in at any point, but those are the guidelines unless someone says something.

Gonna try flag in this year. I’m looking forward to it especially on short putts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back