Playoff positioning round is this week. My last couple rounds outside of league have been really good so I'm hopeful to carry that into the match tomorrow night. I'm still a 7 in the league but I think I can shoot <40 this week.

Ugh.. started off triple/double last night. Fought my way to a 46. Dropped into a tie for 1st. Thankfully my partner shot 38 so we didn't have too much of a fall.

I hit zero greens but scrambled like mad for a 40 this week. 11 total putts.

We earned a first round bye in the playoffs so we’re off next week.

Hi all. Looking to join a morning league. Specifically in the east bay in in the 680 corridor between Pleasanton and Concord. Would be willing to go out to Hayward/Oakland depending on time. Curious how you go about finding leagues and if there is a good website to find a league. Would be willing to join a single player league but have friend and I looking.

bigbov;n8894384 said:
Ugh.. started off triple/double last night. Fought my way to a 46. Dropped into a tie for 1st. Thankfully my partner shot 38 so we didn't have too much of a fall.

I literally did the same thing this past Wednesday as well. Got very lucky in that the guy I was playing (same handicap) played much worse. My partner was very good again so it actually was a great week. The first 2 holes of each round are killing me. Wish I had time to warm up but I head right from the office to the tee box.

Position round last night against 3rd place team. We were 2.5 points behind going in and they ended up beating us by 2 points so we finished the season in 4 place out of 20 teams.

My season ended with me in the middle of the pack. Pretty brutal showing for me this year after a hot start.

Playoffs tonight... we had a bye so we're in the semifinals.

I got in a practice round last night. Apparently our crack staff decided to aerate and sand all 9 greens during the playoffs. Nothing like putting on a punched green.

Shot another 45 this week after birdie on 1. Too many dumb mistakes to bore you w/ listing them all. We got smoked but luckily for us we stayed in 1st as the team behind us (one guy being my brother!!) was just as bad. Up 3 pts w/ 2 weeks left.

The final league round was played yesterday (re-arranged after bad weather caused the original date to be cancelled)

As a team we needed a bit of a miracle to qualify for the team final and it didn't happen, so we finished 3rd in our group
However, I shot a round of 77 (40 points) and this was good enough for me to qualify for the individual final in 3 weeks time as the top scorer from our club

First playoff match was last week. Started off with a comfortable par. Next three holes, chipping yips killed me. I found myself +7 and 3 down after 4 and figuring the season was over. Luckily I was able to shake it off, and with a little help from my opponent, played the last 5 in +2, won out, and took the match.

Looking forward to the semis tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Got my tee time for the finals day (9:08 am, 5th October), going to be an early start if I want to hit the range before playing but I am looking forward to it and seeing what I can do

First playoff match was last week. Started off with a comfortable par. Next three holes, chipping yips killed me. I found myself +7 and 3 down after 4 and figuring the season was over. Luckily I was able to shake it off, and with a little help from my opponent, played the last 5 in +2, won out, and took the match.

Looking forward to the semis tomorrow.

Very familiar story today. Double, double, triple to start. Went into the par 5 4th down 3. Made birdie, parred 5-8, and won out. Back to the finals next week.

League is over for me as of this evening. We didn’t get to play as there were issues with the course sprinkler system but... happy to say myself and my partner finished 2nd overall.

Not too bad for my first time playing in a league.

Shot my worst score of the yeah... 49. Just checked and we dropped to 3rd (from 1st). Only 3 points out and next week is position round.

3 putted 4 times and never felt comfortable on any shot. Man... feels like I lost it right now. I really have to spend some time @ range this weekend.

Up 2 with 3 holes to play and getting a pop on 2 of those holes... my partner shoots 9 (par 5), 9 (par 3), and 9 again (par 4). Just like that, we are out of the playoffs. Man, that one hurt :confused:

Back