Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will be following along, still havent ever played in a league (and definitely wouldnt this year since game is a mess)
    THE ULTIMATE UNOFFICIAL GATHERING IS BACK FOR 2019!!!

Check out the Official ULTIMATE GATHERING Thread located in the Golf Courses, Course Reviews, THP Events & Local Outings Section!!!

WITB:

Driver:
    G400 MAX 11.5*
    Woods: Rogue Heavenwood
    Hybrids: N/A

Irons:
    585 Irons 5-AW with Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap shafts
    Wedges: RTX4 54/58
    Putter: Custom
    Ball:
    Q-Star Tour

Comment

I play in a year round league in which we play every other Saturday for about 3 years. About 35 guys in the league but typically only 20 show up due to schedules. Typical format is Gross Skins and Net Skins (handicaps range from 2 to 24). A couple times a year we will do a blind two man scramble or a gross score and net score. We have a league championship every year in May that is a two day gross and net score. I love playing in a league as I don't have to worry about finding a tee time or foursome every other week.
      In the Custom Epic Flash Fusion 14 Bag:
      Custom Epic Flash Driver 10.5 - HZRDUS Smoke 75
      Epic Flash 3W 15- HZRDUS Smoke
      Epic Forged Irons -4-AW - Catalyst 80
      Vokey SM7 48.10F, 54.08M and 60.12D
      EXO Stroke Lab Marxman
      Pro V1x

2019 Budget Golf Championship Team #BadKitty

Comment

Originally posted by wubears71 View Post
        This year I’m not doing one because I have too much on my plate - board of governors, starting my own business, head coach for baseball and softball, new house and a bunch of other commitments. In her mind, a golf league is just another once a week thing that takes me away from the family. [emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Lol, I remember those days of coaching multiple sports and being super busy with family obligations. They grow up quickly so enjoy it. I now have two in college, and my daughter will be in high school in 4 months. I'm lucky that she is on the high school golf team which means my wife loves it when I take her golfing even if it's four days in a row.

I haven't played in a golf league in 30 years, but this first year of retirement so I signed up for two. One is at my club and has eight-man teams that play every Wednesday from early May through early August. You can play anytime during the day as long as you are with someone else in the men's league which has about 170 members. It's uses a Stableford scoring with handicaps and the best 3 scores out of 8 count each week. Evidently there is a bunch of side bets going on so it should be fun.

The other one is a senior(50+) league that goes for 11 weeks straight every Thursday starting in May. Ten other private clubs have teams of six playing matches each week rotating to all 11 venues during the season. I like the fact that this is a scratch(no GHIN) league so each club tries to have 6 of their best players competing and there is a bit of strategy on the order that you send your six players out. All are quality courses with some amazing one as well such as Hazeltine (2016& 2028 Ryder Cup, 2019 Women's PGA Championship), Interlachen(2008 US Women's Open, Bobby Jones grand slam win 1930 US Open), and Minikahda(2017 USGA Senior Amateur). Cost is a bargain at $55 each week that includes lunch.
        O'Works R-Line 400 gram
        Epic SZ w/ Rogue 70 I/O Silver
        TM Original One Mini Tensei CK Pro Orange
        XR16 Pro 4w Tour Green 75x
        Srixon Z765 6-GW DG x100 AMT
        Srixon Z565 5 iron
        Srixon Z H85 19* Rogue 85h
        Cleveland RTX3 60 MG
        Cleveland RTX4 56
        Snell MTB x

Comment

My league starts in a few weeks. We play a singles head to head format. You play a new guy each week. Handicap is from 5 of your last 10 rounds. Works out pretty well. No sandbagging going on which is nice. The league has been run by the same guys since the 1970's. 32 guys total. Rarely more than 1 spot open for new players each year. Most guys have been in it for 15+ years!

Season is separated into two halves. 8 guys make the playoffs from each half. In the second half, if you're in the top 8 and already qualified for the playoffs in the first half, they go further down the list. Even though some guys don't make the playoffs, they still play through all the playoff rounds against other guys because total points are paid out at the end of the season.

I've been in the league 3 years and won the championship twice. Last year I would have won, but I ran into a guy who hit a hot streak (eventual league champ) and while I shot 36 on the 9, I had to give him 5 strokes and lost to him on the last hole when we both made par. Great season though. Looking forward to getting back out there and being in the hunt again!

Each match is worth 11 points. Each hole is worth 1 and the match is worth 2.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
          Hoofer on a3.5
          Driver:
          G400 (8*) (Diamana Kai'li 60X)
          Fw Woods/Hybrids:
          G400 3 wood (Diamana Kai'li 60X) and 19* Crossover
          Irons/Wedges:
          AP3 (4/5) AP2 (6-PW)/ (50°, 54° & 60°)...all w/ DG 120 Tour Issued S400's
          Putter:
          Pro Platinum Newport 2
          Ball: Snell MTB Black
          Twitter - Dhartmann34

Comment

My Thursday night 2-man match play league kicks off tomorrow with a scramble. It's the first time I've ever worked close enough to a course to actually play league and my boss worked it out so that I could skip lunch and leave early. Cant wait to get out there!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
            WITB:

Driver:
            TaylorMade M5 Tour 10.5 | Project X Hzrdus Yellow
            Fairway: Cleveland Launcher HB 15 & 18 | Oban Kiyoshi Purple
            Irons: TaylorMade p790 5-AW | Project X LZ 5.5
            Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 54 & 62 | TT DG Spinner
            Putter: Evnroll ER2
            Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Comment

Originally posted by mpeterson View Post
              I'm in search of a new league after a few teams left the work league and we're down to one flight. The handicap spans (from 2 for 9 to 18 for 9) are too high for match play, but because "that's how we've always done it" nobody wants to change the formats or team setup. I suggested both Quota or flighting players instead of teams.

Going to try to play more with my dad on Monday afternoons instead and then join a league w/ my wife somewhere.
              But you're giving up the lush greens of Hickory Hill!
              WITB
              Driver TS3 HZDURS Black
              3W 16.5 HL
              HB 816
              Iron 4 - P 565
              Wedges Volkey 52F, 56F, 60M
              Putter Yes Sara arm lock

Comment

My league kicks off tonight, 41 degrees, soaking wet ground and winds 10 - 15 mph. What's to worry? Match play, handicap based, two man teams. One point per match, one for team for a total of 3 up for grabs.
                WITB
                Driver TS3 HZDURS Black
                3W 16.5 HL
                HB 816
                Iron 4 - P 565
                Wedges Volkey 52F, 56F, 60M
                Putter Yes Sara arm lock

Comment

We are three weeks in (fourth week of league is today) to our "work" league. I say "work" because it started out with only people from work (or retirees) but due to fall off we've invited others to join in the last several years. We have 20 two-person teams and play 9 hole matches. It's handicapped so each week we are matched against another team with lower hc playing against lower hc and higher against higher. We have handicaps that range from 0 to 18 (max) for the 9 holes so there can be some amount of variety each week. Last week I was matched against a 3 hc (my league hc is 11) so I did get a number of strokes, lol. Most of the players have been in the league for a number of years so the hcs are pretty established but there are a few newcomers each year and it takes a few weeks for their hc to adjust.

Each week we are competing for 20 points (10 points from each individual match). Each hole is worth 1 point (match play) and the remaining point is given to lowest net score for the 9 holes. We generally play from March through early June (after that it's really hot here and the league tee times start at 3:30pm). Everyone is competing for overall team champion as well as individual points champion. We've designated that you can't win both (so if your team wins you can't take the individual honors). Last week of the league we play a combined President's cup format with all the teams/individuals that aren't able to win the championship outright. Of course that last week usually has some side betting going on.

This is a new experience for me since I've been playing with a league partner for many, many years that moved out of state last Dec. He was our lower hc player so I was always matched against the higher hc player from the other teams. This year I'm our lower hc player (my new league partner is a new golfer with a 9 hole hc of 18) and now I'm getting to face the lower hc player each week. It's a whole new experience for me! Hopefully I can rise to the challenge this year...
                  Driver: G400 SF Tec
                  Fairway: G400 3W
                  Irons: Launcher HB 4-DW
                  Wedges: Tour-S 56*/60*
                  Putter: O-Works Versa Tank #7
                  Ball: Chrome Soft / K-Sig Performance + / Gamer Tour

Comment

not sure it counts as a league but I play in a series of tournaments that accumulates points, has "Majors" that count double points. First round was 2 weeks ago, was 3rd net in my flight. It runs all summer, there are like 10 events at a variety of courses, I got all excited...then noticed one was on a Monday and three are on Sundays. I had held out Saturdays to go to these so I will miss those...

Comment

I joined 2 clubs this year here in Phoenix. Each club plays once a month, both clubs recognize each other's schedule, so I play every other weekend. Each club hits various courses around Phoenix, while one club focuses more on the hard to get into courses.

First club is called UHack, they have about 50 consistent members. And run about 38 to 30 per tourney. It runs about 60 dollars a round, this includes lunch. 3 flights, and each flight pays 4 places, they have CTP and one longest putt hole. And for an extra couple of dollars you can enter the hole in one.(currently at 700 dollars). They do a variation of GHIN, they will use your GHIN, but on tourney days it is double par max score. This helps pace of play keep fluid.

Second club is Arizona Sunset Golf Association. These folks have been doing this for over 30 years. Most are retired, and they are looking to infuse some youth in there league.....and enter me!! I actually met these guys while golfing a UHack tourney. Just a great fun bunch of people, they are strict USGA rules with everyone carrying an official handicap. Cost is 70 a round, but you get on more exotic courses.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
                      Driver - GBB 9.5 or Knuth High Heat 12*
                      FW - Steelhead 3W
                      Hybrid's - M2 3H & 4H
                      Irons -
                      Steelhead 5-AW
                      Wedges -
                      RTX 54 and 58
                      Putter - White Hot RX V-Line Fang

Comment

Wrapped up sim league last night.

For the last match of the year, he went with double points. It's team best ball, and there are no points for tied holes. Since it's not a consistent number of points every week there have been some big swings depending on how many holes are won in a match.

We played the front nine at Pinehurst #2. I got off to a rough start going bogey, bogey. I settled down after that though, and came back to shoot an even par 35. Which, it turned out was good for 8 points against our opponent.

We held on to first place, and won the league.

Now I just need to put in some short game work so we can win the other leagues this summer.
                        Epic Flash SZ, 10.5* (-1/N) HZRDUS Yellow
                        F9 14.5 Evenflow White
                        18* X-forged UT HZRDUS Black
                        4 Apex Smoke TT Elevate Tour Black
                        5-PW Apex Pro Smoke DG Tour Issue
                        MD4 49*S 54*S 60*C
                        Toulon SL San Diego

Proud Member of 2017 Grandaddy Runner-Up Team Prestige

Comment

Where were you playing at? I heard Hilly Haven has really stepped up in the sim dept...
                          Originally posted by blakehall View Post
                          Wrapped up sim league last night.

For the last match of the year, he went with double points. It's team best ball, and there are no points for tied holes. Since it's not a consistent number of points every week there have been some big swings depending on how many holes are won in a match.

We played the front nine at Pinehurst #2. I got off to a rough start going bogey, bogey. I settled down after that though, and came back to shoot an even par 35. Which, it turned out was good for 8 points against our opponent.

We held on to first place, and won the league.

Now I just need to put in some short game work so we can win the other leagues this summer.
                          D200 9 deg w/ Fujikura Fuel custom fit by Duffy Callahan
                          Exotics CBX 15 deg Fairway w/ Hzrdus Yellow
                          Exotics CBX 20 deg Hybrid w/ Hzurdus Black
                          0311 4-PW w/ LZ 5.5
                          Vokey SM7 48,54,59
                          2019 ProV1X

Member of the Winning “Wool Warriors” at 2016 Kentwool Classic

Member of the Winning “Team Cobra” at 2016 THP Ambition

Comment

Originally posted by Girardcorp View Post
                            Where were you playing at? I heard Hilly Haven has really stepped up in the sim dept...
                            One Under ($10 / week and BYOB)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Epic Flash SZ, 10.5* (-1/N) HZRDUS Yellow
                            F9 14.5 Evenflow White
                            18* X-forged UT HZRDUS Black
                            4 Apex Smoke TT Elevate Tour Black
                            5-PW Apex Pro Smoke DG Tour Issue
                            MD4 49*S 54*S 60*C
                            Toulon SL San Diego

Proud Member of 2017 Grandaddy Runner-Up Team Prestige

Comment

A friend played there when the opened and said they were in "rough shape" - I'm not even sure what that means given the state when they were in good shape. I still think when they replaced a couple of greens they used the wrong grass or something, because one green is half and half different grasses/speeds.
                              Proud member of Team THP in the 2018 Granddaddy with

Driver: Epic Flash With Custom HZRDUS Smoke
                              Fairway: Epic Flash with Tensei Blue 75
                              Hybrids: '19 Apex 3h and 4h with Catalyst 70
                              Irons: Apex Forged 5-PW w/ Elevate 95
                              Wedges: MD4 48-54-58 w/ Modus 105
                              Putter: Stroke Lab Three
                              Ball: Chrome Soft X

Thanks to PX and THP for an incredible Handcrafted Experience!

Comment

My usual Thursday 2 man handicap league starts May 2 with 16 teams this year. Its match play high capper against high capper and low capper vs low capper from each team for points then low total net for 2 extra points per week. Thats goes for 20 weeks and we have mini tournaments with the extra weeks thru the season.

Then I was just asked to partner in a similar league on Tuesday so will be doing 2 leagues this year.
                                Krispyk
                                https://25-david-johnson.pixels.com/index.html

King F6 Driver
                                Callaway Rogue 3w
                                Karsten Irons
                                RTX 2.0 52* and 56* wedges
                                C-130 Bag
                                3.5 Pushcart

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...