First week of league last Wednesday and managed to shoot a 38 (+2) and our team dominated 7.5 to 1.5. Felt good to get out and swing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got our email with tomorrow's line up.
Bummed. This week our league match is a bye.

LEAGUE.jpg

Yesterday's league bye week. Collecting participation points with my partner.
I'm the dork with the Titleist hat. Yes, that is my favorite cap and the script is blue (not black) Canadan.

Did not play well, but I beat my ghost. Busting 'mums like a ghostbuster Murray style.

First week for Tuesdays and Thursdays league. Drew a bye for Tuesday. Partner and I headed out and I shot a 49 in cold wet conditions. 6500yds is long with no rollout. Thursday I shot 44 on the same 9 as Tuesday in warmer dryer conditions. Wont know how the points went due to players needing handicaps. Overall happy with the round getting a decent start to the season and eliminate just a few mistakes can get below 40. Best form Ive ever been in this early of the year.

Partner and I both got our match and stroke play points yesterday. Climbed us out of the middle of the pack into around 5th place after our first month.
Windy, but we avoided rain on the course. The drive to the course was wet and not motivational. With two birdies I tried to sabotage my round starting out with a four putt. Shot a 43 and still won by a wide margin.
Will take the win and forget about this outing... We played with some good guys.

Yes. A four putt! On the green in regulation and took a double!@#!@#!
I laughed, didn't break Mr. Four Wiggle, or throw anything... But haven't let go yet.
Lol. I miss golf.

So I played "Gawdawful" night - The course was so different from the one I played over the weekend.
I lost by 2 shots straight up and had to give up 3 so lost by 5.
After giving up the first two holes, I came back and tied for holes at 4 a piece and got a half a point.
Actually had a chance to win on holes if I would have made a putt on 8 as I won the 9th hole.

Real testament about staying in the moment, don't get rattled and keep playing, good things can happen.

Our league has been cancelled the last 2 weeks because of rain.

Had the worst 9 holes of putting of the season and of course it happened during a league round. Still shot 49 but felt more like 80. Partner didnt shoot that well either but fortunately neither did the other team and we won 12-8 somehow.

I shot a 40 in my league match and lost stroke and match points to a 45.
Had another four putt from a green in regulation, sculled a wedge over the green on a short par four from 60 yds., and took an unplayable from next to a tree trunk.
Just one of those days, hard to beat net scores (especially for match play points) but I played bad for how well I was hitting the ball. Karma is on my side next week!

Shot a 47 yesterday, basically played Bogey Golf and won on Strokes and Holes.
Started a little rough but stuck with it and picked up a nice win.

Put up a 42 yesterday with two doubles and won 5-4. Should have been 6-3. My opponent block chunked a wedge on a 115 yard Par 3, chunked his second, then bladed his 3rd from 25 yards that managed to hit the pin and go straight down. That's the game sometimes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Noice.....my League's club championship got moved out a month (so now I can play) due to a course screwing up the schedule. That means when I get back from Israel I have 2 weeks to prep for a Major tournament (TPC Scottsdale - Stadium) then the next weekend is the club championship (Wekopa - both courses). Then 2 weeks after that is another Major at Verrado Victory. I have to get the rust off from 6 weeks in the Holy Land quick fast and in a hurry.

Put up a Net -6 in our 3rd Event and ended up finishing 4th.
After 3 I remain atop the standings but the handicap is in free fall.

Shot a 47 yesterday, basically played Bogey Golf and won on Strokes and Holes.
Started a little rough but stuck with it and picked up a nice win.

Found out today that I tied Low Net of the C/D players on Tuesday for those playing the game.
So a little Cabbage coming back my way.....
Also I'm the lowest HDCP of the "D" players, so things are looking up!

45 last night in first night of a new work league. First two weeks to set handicaps, so haven't had to deal with any pops just yet. Able to secure 7 of 9 points last night for my team and I guess I'll take it.

Week 4 of our league is tonight. I run our league and it seems to be a little different than what many of you do so I thought I'd share how we do ours.

Our league consists of twenty, 2 man teams. The league is broken up into 2 halves with a "fun night" in between and playoffs at the end of each half. We play each team once throughout the season so it goes for 20 weeks including the fun night. Everyone has a handicap and combined handicaps for your team against the other determine the number of strokes given/received for each match. Holes are each worth 2 points, if you net win the hole you get the full 2, if you tie you get one, lose and get 0. At the end we compare net totals and assign 4 additional points to the net winning team.

Handicaps are determined using a 5 week rolling period throwing out the best & worst scores within that 5 week stretch to determine the handicap.

This format works great because we have a wide range of handicaps in our league, from a 1 to a 20 for 9 holes but it remains competitive regardless.

Started off with a triple on number 10 last night (we played the back 9) in league. Then went, birdie, par, par, par, birdie, bogey, par, par to shoot 38. :banghead: So frustrating to throw away what could've been a really good round by making a mess of the very first hole. I am proud of the way I fought back, though, to go -1 through the final 8. I told my partner when I walked off the first green that I'm going to forget about this one and start over on this next hole. Thankfully it happened. Amazing what mindset can do for you by focusing on the present rather than what happened in the past. Tough to do in golf but we all know that to play well, that's what we have to do.

After a ten day break, I was back on the course last night.

I had probably my best ball striking round with the irons, but a few bad tee shots and a bad wedge lead to a couple of big numbers.

I feel like it's starting to get there, but I just need to string things together for a full round and be smarter about laying up off the tee.

Cancelled AGAIN......... 3rd week we've been cancelled due to rain storms in the Chicagoland.

Shot 49 in Tuesdays league. Had to dress for winter as it was 42* and 10-15mph wind and basicly split the points. I played the next day in shorts. Thursdays league we played high handicappers my 6 vs 18 and my partners 12 vs 19 and we won 14 1/2 to 5 1/2.

Ever see a guy shoot 100+ with 26 putts? 53-50 today with ton of bad shots out there. Beautiful, sunny day though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Started off with a triple on number 10 last night (we played the back 9) in league. Then went, birdie, par, par, par, birdie, bogey, par, par to shoot 38. :banghead: So frustrating to throw away what could've been a really good round by making a mess of the very first hole. I am proud of the way I fought back, though, to go -1 through the final 8. I told my partner when I walked off the first green that I'm going to forget about this one and start over on this next hole. Thankfully it happened. Amazing what mindset can do for you by focusing on the present rather than what happened in the past. Tough to do in golf but we all know that to play well, that's what we have to do.
I need to be able to do this. So often if I start out bad I get mad and it affects the rest of my game.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

2nd round of our league yesterday and it was at a course I have never played before (and won't be rushing back to play if I am honest)

Front 9 was an absolute disaster with 2 lost balls and only 14 points scored

First lost ball was on the 3rd hole which is a relatively straight par 5 and I hit my tee shot up the left half of the fairway (OB all along the right so I wasn't going anywhere near that) and was just in the first cut of rough. Second shot clipped a tree but due to the branches, none of us saw where the ball actually went and it was never to be seen again

Second lost ball was the par 4 8th hole, trying to hit a draw round the corner and just blocked it right into thick trees with no chance of ever finding it

Back 9 was a different story where I managed to pull my game together and started with 3 pars (giving me 7 points) and then a bogey on a hole with a shot, so another 2 points, meaning I had 9 points after the first 4 holes
I managed to birdie the 16th hole with a nice PW from about 160yds out (downhill approach coming out of the first cut of rough on the left side of the fairway that landed middle of the green and released to the hole in the back right corner) and then lipped out another birdie putt on the 18th but finished with a tap-in par

Final score of 35 points was a decent result considering the bad front 9 and the highest score of the day was only 40 points so I wasn't too far off the pace

As a team, we were 3rd on the day and we are 2nd place in our group, tied on league points with the team in first place, but they are 1 point ahead of us in terms of Stableford points which is used as a count-back when teams are tied on league points

I am not available for the next round in a couple weeks time, so my next round will be the 16th June assuming I am picked

Back