I've got my 4th League round of the season tomorrow after work. I'm feeling good about my game but the course is one that I hate.

Just gotta leave driver in the bag and lean on my mid irons I think.

I'm not sure our team is going to be in contention. Scored a 38 yesterday and lost all my points to a 43.
One of my best driving nines of the year, but couldn't take advantage. Usually it is the irons that save me.

Was lucky enough to win low gross in B league, and bought a round for a table. I'm in a tough spot. 33 was the low score in A league (again) shot by first time winner, who joins us sometimes on Monday for a skins game. Anyways, the point is... I'm not good enough to compete in the A league, and it's hard to beat the net adjustment where I'm at. I just need to keep enjoying it and play against the course.

Partner split his points on a close match up.

Always look forward to getting to the course after work on league night.

Won 2 points last night winning Strokes and Holes after giving 8 strokes.
Shot a 47 in horrible conditions, 50* and 20 MPH winds. Had 3 pars and short game was spot on.
I gave away a couple of shots however I was never going to win Low Net, which won at 33.
I now have the lowest cap of my flight, so I'm giving up shots on every match.

One highlight last night. Opponent and I both miss a par 3 green. He is pin high in rough, I bounce into a flower bed area and end up on top of small rotting stump off the back. He chips to a few inches and I concede his putt. I have to give mine a little wristy flick to get it out and it rolls about 25 feet by. Gave it a good hit and walked it in for the par and the half point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ugh, minor rant here with the last two league nights.
First, last week. Playing the back 9 of our normal course due to front 9 having tree trimming going on. No worries but there are a couple of nemesis holes on the back 9 for me, lol. Start the round cruising (won the first 3 holes) but my opponent "shaved" a stroke on each of the first two holes. First hole I thought maybe they just mis-counted and I'm not super aggressive so I let it slide. Second hole, I know they under reported their score. Even though I won the hole there is still a low net point for the entire 9 holes. Grumble, grumble. I should have said something but again I let it go. Anyway, doing well until hole 15. I'm up 4.5 to 0.5 (I've won 4 holes and halved one hole). Tee shot on hole 15 is super low and doesn't clear the water in front of the tee box. Re-tee and put another one in the water. Re-tee and send one up the left side which hits a tree and comes back to just the opposite side of the water. I'm lying 5 and my opponent hasn't even teed off yet (ouch!). I make a 9 while opponent makes first par (4) of the round. We evenly split the last three holes but due to my wonderful 9 on hole 15 I lose the overall net point by 1 stroke! What's worse is my opponent tried to give me an extra stroke on hole 16 telling me I missed a stroke. Fortunately, I kept my cool and just let it slide.

Last night was the same back 9. This time I was in the hunt for our individual points race (top 4 individuals have a two week play off). I'm seeded number 4 so going against the top seed. We are playing in different groups (mostly because he and his partner are also in the playoffs for top team) so neither is able to know how the other is doing during the round. We're dead even in hc so no pops this week (I had one pop last week). I felt I was much more on my game this week but the playing conditions were much worse (major wind blowing all round). My putting was also suffering. Shot six strokes better than last week (alas, no 9 for me this week lol) but not sure how it will fare to keep me alive for the final week. Waiting is brutal. Results of the round usually aren't posted until the weekend or sometimes even Monday. Just have to put it out of my mind...

Due to a change in plans for the weekend of the 8th/9th June, it now looks like I could be playing the next round of the league (our friends that were visiting for Jen's birthday can't make it as Chris has to go in to hospital for an operation next week and isn't allowed to travel for 4 weeks after)

I haven't looked at the course yet as I wasn't expecting to be playing, but apparently it is very tight on the front 9 so you need to be accurate to score well

A lousy 84 means I finished middle of the pack in our 4th Event. Yet I remain at the top of the overall standings so I'm still in a good spot.

Second year in my league we do hdcp'd matchplay w/max hdcp for 9 holes is 20. Also have skins each week for low team best ball and net/scratch skins. First three weeks was trending up, then yesterday hit the crapper. Me and my teammate shot 54/51 when our scores are usually around mid 40's. Good thing was the team we were supposed to play didn't show, so it was easy points and didn't have to embarrass ourselves in front of strangers haha.

First, last week. Playing the back 9 of our normal course due to front 9 having tree trimming going on. No worries but there are a couple of nemesis holes on the back 9 for me, lol. Start the round cruising (won the first 3 holes) but my opponent "shaved" a stroke on each of the first two holes. First hole I thought maybe they just mis-counted and I'm not super aggressive so I let it slide. Second hole, I know they under reported their score. Even though I won the hole there is still a low net point for the entire 9 holes. Grumble, grumble. I should have said something but again I let it go. Anyway, doing well until hole 15. I'm up 4.5 to 0.5 (I've won 4 holes and halved one hole). Tee shot on hole 15 is super low and doesn't clear the water in front of the tee box. Re-tee and put another one in the water. Re-tee and send one up the left side which hits a tree and comes back to just the opposite side of the water. I'm lying 5 and my opponent hasn't even teed off yet (ouch!). I make a 9 while opponent makes first par (4) of the round. We evenly split the last three holes but due to my wonderful 9 on hole 15 I lose the overall net point by 1 stroke! What's worse is my opponent tried to give me an extra stroke on hole 16 telling me I missed a stroke. Fortunately, I kept my cool and just let it slide.

Last night was the same back 9. This time I was in the hunt for our individual points race (top 4 individuals have a two week play off). I'm seeded number 4 so going against the top seed. We are playing in different groups (mostly because he and his partner are also in the playoffs for top team) so neither is able to know how the other is doing during the round. We're dead even in hc so no pops this week (I had one pop last week). I felt I was much more on my game this week but the playing conditions were much worse (major wind blowing all round). My putting was also suffering. Shot six strokes better than last week (alas, no 9 for me this week lol) but not sure how it will fare to keep me alive for the final week. Waiting is brutal. Results of the round usually aren't posted until the weekend or sometimes even Monday. Just have to put it out of my mind...

MagicSpell,

I don't care if you are playing against your best friend who is loaning you a million zillion dollars for your career investment. You should have said something. Once something can be gotten away with, it will be. Hurts more than just your match. Not trying to bag on ya, because I've done the same thing. I don't want to offend anyone and winning the match isn't as important to me as playing well for myself. Tolerance is a wonderful trait, if only it wasn't so sinister.

I do not enjoy having to keep track of other people's games, especially when I struggling to keep my own in check. BUT that's the game. If someone isn't playing by the rules, or has an unfair hand, it isn't really a game.

I'm also a worry wort. So I understand being anxious for results. Good Luck!

I'm actually anxious for my league match tonight. Played well yesterday so hopeful. My overall season is not looking good, but I always have the match.

Last weeks leagues - Tuesday I got called up for jury duty and got picked to be on the jury and even though it was only a 1 day affair it still made me miss league. Thursday was a fun day that we did 2 man scramble.

This week Tuesday I shot 44. Only double was on last hole and no 3 putts. My putting has come such a long ways. I actually enjoy getting on the green whereas I used to have anxiety because I putted so poorly.

Absolutely should have questioned it and brought it out. Its not fair to you or anyone else in the entire league if he shaves points and gets away with it. And then sadly he turns around and tries to give you extras. He sounds more like a cheater to me and has no problem pushing it as far as he can. You and everyone paid the same amount of money to play in the league and to cheat is stealing from everyone that posts honest scores.

I shot a 43 and I would say I got drunk. This is a warning sign.
I came back into golf to have a social life, it is working. As a diabetic and someone who had issues in the past;
Like my round, it needs to settle down. If I can't be one and done... I'll just be done.

The round was what it was, really not that horrible all things considered. Earned 1/2 of a point out of four. Tried to get cute in trees with a punch shot, ended up O.B. in someone's front yard.
Couple of silly things like that which are not usually part of my score, missed a few more. I did have fun (Friendly matchup), but the rest of it was a failure to be improved upon.

Also got interesting after... We played extra holes in a skins game. In an eight-some, lol. Was ready golf and pick up once birdie was out of the mix.
Something different. No skins won, but we squeezed in another five holes on the empty course before dark.

Bit late on my updates.

April tournament:
I drove the ball well (hit every fairway) and both my wedges and putting held up throughout the round. My swing is still not consistent which has caused me to airmail a few greens, including a par 3. Overall, I had a good round and posted the low score for my flight.

May tournament:
Missed 2 fairways (d@mn OTT swing) and couldn't read a putt for anything. Still airmailing greens if/when I actually swing like a sentient being. Finished in the bottom third of my flight.

Double bogeyed the last hole tonight to shoot a two over 38. Mental mistake off the tee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double bogeyed the last hole tonight to shoot a two over 38. Mental mistake off the tee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice shootin'!

Shot an even 40 last night, best round this year so far. Could have been something really special, but a couple of very mediocre chips prevented that. Still won 5-4, and banked some points my team needed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Was 4 over par for our men’s league yesterday but 4 over on just the last 4 holes for a disappointing finish. I still have some kinks to work out with the driver.

I just realized that my opponent in the next round of our Match Play Championship was named the Male Golfer of the Year in South Dakota last year. That's going to be a bit of a tough match.

Shot a net 38 after dealing with some serious WTF moments out there with my irons. Came out of the gate with a quad and triple bogey but settled down and played some pretty respectable golf after that.

Played in my first “city league” senior(50+) event where 14 clubs send a team of 6 players each Thursday to compete against the other teams. No handicaps and all the #1 golfers compete stroke play against the other 13 #1’s, #2’s compete against the other #2’s, etc. I shot 75 with a triple bogey on the back nine after my tee shot went through the fairway into a hazard. I also had three 3-putts so a strange round but I did manage to beat 8 other golfers in my flight and score some points for my team. The competition and quality of guys in my group made for a great day. It felt good to feel the pressure of competition again and play a great private course that was new to me. Next week it’s at a course I have also never played, hopefully I can avoid the triple bogey!!

So a strange round for me, I lost the first 3 of 4 holes and was down 7 shots (Not including the 2 I had to give)
Proceeded to shoot 2 over and win the next 4 holes and go up by 4 shots.
Made a 17ft putt to tie the last hole so that I won on holes 4 and 3 and strokes by 4. (2 with the ones I had to give him)
Started out really bad but stuck to it, came back on won 2 points for my team.

Coming off my annual spring golf trip, and some things are starting to click and fall into place.

Monday night we took 14.5 / 20 points to jump up into playoff position.

That league takes the top 4 from the first half, and the top 4 in the second half for the playoff bracket. Two weeks left to defend our spot, and secure some post season golf.

On Thursday we had a rough start, and find ourselves in 10th place (out of 32). Only the top two teams here make the playoffs at the end of the season. So, we're already essentially out of it. But, this league is really just for fun anyway.

After being rained out earlier this year our inter-club competition is being rescheduled for the coming weekend. Looking forward to taking some money from a few friends. :D

Oooof rough 45 tonight but luckily managed to win 5 of 9 holes and split 3, so scored fairly well.

Rather up and down round last night. Started off with a birdie, then a triple bogey. Finished the round with 2 double bogeys, and several pars and managed to still keep it to a 45. Lol I just need to get a hold on the couple screw ups each round and could be posting in the 30's. Hopefully tomorrow's round I can put it all together.

Shot a great (for me) round today in league! Put up a season-best 45 and could have had something really special if not for 2 really bad holes. Ended up pushing the match but I scored additional points for getting the low net, 31.

Back