I had a great League round last night! I shot a 40 with one birdie. If it weren't for the two double bogeys I would have had a really great round!

When I entered this 9-hole round it combined it with a previous round of 39. GHIN ask me if I was sure I wanted to post this score! It said it is much lower than what you normally post!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

PNUT and I are playing in the Monday league at the course that's practically around the corner from where we work. Three flights with 2 CTP, one long drive, and gross and net winners per flight each week. Joe missed out on the net in his flight on Monday with a 31 (par 36)..second best net score overall for the night and the best score had to be in his flight!

On the flip side, I hit 7/7 FIR and shot 46. :micdrop: :banghead:

Played my Monday league match on Sunday as my opponent was going to be missing. Started off tough as I bogeyed 2 of the first 3 holes, but then turned things around. 4 birdies after that, including 2 chip ins, which were needed to tie my opponent since I was giving him 5 strokes over 9 holes.

I ended up at a 2 under 34 and he shot 40. After giving him 5 shots, I won the match by 1 to get the 2 match points and 7 of the 11 total points. Had to go low, but I pulled it out.

I'm in 4th place for the first half so far. 6 points out with 4 nights to go. Gotta get some great point nights if I want to finish first in the half. My league handicap currently sits at .5 for the year.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Shot 47 last night thanks to the 2 hole mess ups again. Otherwise was playing well and had the best shot of the year (for me) on a par 3. Hit 7 iron nice and high and dropped about 7 ft from the pin where unfortunately it backed up just off the green onto the fringe and would easily been closest to the pin.

Due to the weather, the last round was cancelled - not sure when it will be re-arranged for, but most likely next month as there are already other rounds every weekend this month

Got my tee time for the next round on Sunday, on a course I have played a number of times (and scored well) so I am keeping my fingers crossed for another good round there
Don't know what the weather forecast is yet, but I am hoping it will be a bit better than it currently is

Got a round on Saturday at my home course in a charity fundraiser so that will give me another chance to get used to the new driver, 3w and also the wedges that were delivered on Sunday evening

Shot 42 last night with a double par 6 on the 200yd par 3 and a lost ball off the drive on the par 4 ninth having to take a stroke and still walked off with just a bogey. Had a birdie on a par 5 where I stuck my 3rd shot to 2ft below the hole. Game's in good shape when I eliminate the mistakes.

last night I shot a 40 and ended up winning 1 1/2 out of 2 points.
I had three three putts. I swear I'm not a horrible putter (even made some good ones) but this is where most of my strokes are lost right now.

We did 3man scramble last night and shot a -4/32. Got soaked but we had fun.

Had a tied match going into 8 and went an ugly triple/triple to lose 5.5/3.5.

Going to miss the next few weeks for Shaft Up, a work trip, and family vacation so hopefully who ever subs grabs some points for the team. Missing that many weeks means I'll miss out on the individual points money (top 8 get cash) but still need team points to stay inside the playoff cut line.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thursday league got rained out and this weeks Tuesday league we cant play. Course is closed all day for an event. Calling for more rain this Thursday so hopefully it passes us by.

2 weeks running and due to the weather we have had league rounds cancelled, so that is 2 rounds that we are waiting for a re-arranged date

Weather permitting, we should have another one this weekend at a course I haven't played for probably 20 years - the only thing I really remember about the course is it is extremely exposed, so if the wind is up it will be difficult

Had a good match last night and ended up on top. Won match points and net both by one. Tried my new scorecard (re-did it after to save). Started on hole #6.

6.18.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up 2 points last night - Played someone new to golf and to the league.
Had to give 11 strokes and won by 14.
Only problem with playing someone new to league play is that he didn't give any putts, didn't know that he should, caught on in the end though.

2 weeks running and due to the weather we have had league rounds cancelled, so that is 2 rounds that we are waiting for a re-arranged date

Weather permitting, we should have another one this weekend at a course I haven't played for probably 20 years - the only thing I really remember about the course is it is extremely exposed, so if the wind is up it will be difficult

Which course you playing in the league match?

Which course you playing in the league match?

The first week that was cancelled was Stocksfield, then Oakleaf was cancelled last weekend

This coming weekend is Roseberry Grange

It is the Inters league on the NERGA site

Well monsoon season is still upon us and another league night cancelled.

Halfway point in our League season and I find myself in 2nd place. I really havent played up to my standards so far so I'm hoping I can find my game and make a strong push.

Yesterday was event #26 of our league year and our first major. It was my first event back after being out of the country for 6 weeks and over 2 months from my last event. Taking that much time off definitely had an impact on my score as I couldn't hit a putt to save my life. Came in 55th place out of 77. Yikes.

The tournament was at TPC Scottsdale and I have to say.....take down all of the grandstands and that course is as blah as it gets. Oh well on to next weekend for our club championship. Two rounds, one on Cholla (Sat) and one on Saguaro (Sun) at We Ko Pa.

Forgot to post in here after the weekend round

Disappointing result for the team overall, as we weren't able to field a full team we were deducted a point from our final position score, and some bad results for those that did turn up mean we are now 4th overall in the table - the top 2 teams are both on 20 points and we are on 16 points along with another team, but they are 3rd based on the overall team stableford scores

Personally I scored 35 points (1 over my handicap) with 2 birdies, but a couple of double bogeys didn't help (highest score on the day was 37 points)

Next round is this weekend but I am away, and one of the previously cancelled rounds has been re-arranged but it is another weekend I am not here, so of the 8 rounds in total I have played 3 and am only available for another 2 potentially

Our league's regular season is over. Tonight they are having playoffs and a two man scramble round for those who came up short.
I decided to take this week off and will be there next week for BBQ dinner. Will have another league segment to sign up for soon, hopefully.

Last Wednesday nite in my league, my partner "Back Nine Louie", hit's driver on #8 200 yard par 3 to 4 feet and knocks it in for his 1st birdie ever. Net -1 as he's a 23 hdq for 9 holes so he was getting 3 shots there.

He's at the bar yelling after that he's the worst golfer in the league and won all the money tonight as he's buying shots and beer for all. LOL!

2019 Golf League

Another interesting league night for me.
Went down 3 holes and 5 shots in the first 4 holes.
Proceeded to Par out the last 5 holes and take 2 full points, winning Holes and strokes.
Might have to change my name to "Iceman" with these come backs.

d00da79a2a43bf68bd98f281a2cba633.gif

Last edited:
Club Championship this week. After the first 4 holes I was +10. Not exactly the start I was looking for. Finished up with an 89 +17 on Cholla then got a 80 on Saguaro at Wekopa (net rounds of 78 and 69). I jumped form t-34th place to t-19th place out of 57 competitors. My next league round will be in a couple of weeks at Verrado Victory course.

I did end up with a skin that paid out $103 so at least I made some money after a horrible start.

Well shot 47 for last Tuesdays league and 46 for Thursdays league.

37 tonight at league. 2 bogeys and 1 birdie.

Back