Wrapped up sim league last night.

For the last match of the year, he went with double points. It's team best ball, and there are no points for tied holes. Since it's not a consistent number of points every week there have been some big swings depending on how many holes are won in a match.

We played the front nine at Pinehurst #2. I got off to a rough start going bogey, bogey. I settled down after that though, and came back to shoot an even par 35. Which, it turned out was good for 8 points against our opponent.

We held on to first place, and won the league.

Now I just need to put in some short game work so we can win the other leagues this summer.

Where were you playing at? I heard Hilly Haven has really stepped up in the sim dept...
Wrapped up sim league last night.

For the last match of the year, he went with double points. It's team best ball, and there are no points for tied holes. Since it's not a consistent number of points every week there have been some big swings depending on how many holes are won in a match.

We played the front nine at Pinehurst #2. I got off to a rough start going bogey, bogey. I settled down after that though, and came back to shoot an even par 35. Which, it turned out was good for 8 points against our opponent.

We held on to first place, and won the league.

Now I just need to put in some short game work so we can win the other leagues this summer.

Where were you playing at? I heard Hilly Haven has really stepped up in the sim dept...

One Under ($10 / week and BYOB)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend played there when the opened and said they were in "rough shape" - I'm not even sure what that means given the state when they were in good shape. I still think when they replaced a couple of greens they used the wrong grass or something, because one green is half and half different grasses/speeds.

My usual Thursday 2 man handicap league starts May 2 with 16 teams this year. Its match play high capper against high capper and low capper vs low capper from each team for points then low total net for 2 extra points per week. Thats goes for 20 weeks and we have mini tournaments with the extra weeks thru the season.

Then I was just asked to partner in a similar league on Tuesday so will be doing 2 leagues this year.

This year my wife signed me up for a league through her work (I was given a "spouses exemption"). They started their once a month tournaments in February and they run through November. Depending on flight, it's individual low score (flt. A) or low score handicapped (flt. B) plus a couple closest to the pin holes as well as one long drive hole. What's nice is that they play a different course every month, including a couple of private ones.

The same league also has a 9 hole twilight every Wednesday evening and my wife will start playing with them next week. Hopefully, before the end of the season I will convince her to start playing in the tournaments also.

IMO, Tiger gave a classic demonstration on Sunday how to play in league play, be patient, play your game and take advantage of the opportunities that you opponent gives you.
Know when to take risks and when to be aggressive.

Wonder how many time the situation on 12th hole has happened to league players. The first person off the tee puts in the water and his opponent takes more club and make sure they are over.
Classic.....

First league event of the year was a poor start for me, but servicable. Ended up finishing 7th out of 21 after playing extremely poorly.

Next one is at my home track so I'm looking to make a splash.

My last league event for a while yesterday. I played pretty well and shot a 71 net (-1). For the event I was in 10th place overall but unfortunately 3 folks from my flight scored better than me. Only the top 3 in the flights get paid. My birdie didn't hold up for a skin either. I had the dreaded chuppacabra on hole number 6, pick up at quad bogey, but not enough birdies. It took me 5 chips to get over a ridge and not have the ball come back to my feet. My Tin Cup moment of I am going to chip this close or die trying....well I lost money because of it. :)

There were 4 flights yesterday and I was in the 7.5-9.8 flight (B flight)

So I play last night and did not start off well, 2 "Snowman" and then to proceeded to play Bogey golf.
When I go back a look at other golfers scores, I see a lot of scores similar to mine or higher.
So I my "Twisted" mind, I say "The Course was playing tough last night" and let it go.

So my question to the group, do you do the same?
Do you look at other scores from that day to gauge how others were playing and hard the course was playing to somehow justify your score?

The league I play in starts at the end of this month

Format is the same as always

Handicap limit is 8 - 15
8 clubs in the group with a round played at each course
Stableford scoring with the best 7 scores from each team counting towards the overall total for the round

As a bit of a warm-up we have got a friendly match against our Rabbits team (handicaps 16 - 28) this weekend and form in that match will determine who gets to play the league match the following weekend

There are 4 new clubs in our group this year but I will miss playing one of them as I can't make it due to the date, another of the courses I used to be a member at years ago so I know my way round there fairly well and the final one I have played a few times as well

So there is only 1 course that I have never played before - I will have a look at their website and course guide before we head there to get a bit of an idea

Looking forward to getting out there and seeing if I can help get our team to the finals again this year

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I don't typically look at too many scores from others, unless we're talking about my partner(s) or direct competitors. There are a couple of guys that I know I'll see in tournaments later in the summer that I keep somewhat of an eye on though (more so as the tournaments get closer).

For me, I'll typically go through the data from Arccos (now) or Game Golf (previous years) to see where I struggled. Usually this turns up something like a dumb club selection, or a part of my game I need to work on and plan a bit better.

First match was yesterday. I started off with a double (won the hole) then fought back to shoot a 38.
Witnessed the KP Shot, and took home the gross for B league. I won, partner lost, and our match was split.

36 teams this year divided into two flights. My partner is fun to play with but our handicap spread puts us at an advantage in the minor league. I'm just there to meet people and enjoy the golf, but dang. For a little po dunk public course we had a lot of good golfers sign up, and it was good to see those guys again. "A" league's top gross was split between two 33 rounds, and I believe there is a plus handicap and a few others playing. It is like sharks in a fish tank, and I like the sharks. I love playing with them on the weekends, but that would be hard to compete against.

My league title defense starts today.

9 holes, two man team match play. A vs A and B vs B. Cap is average of last 6 rounds and strokes are difference minus 1 (an 8 cap playing a 5 would get two strokes). 20 weeks plus playoffs that will take us until end of September.

I really like the 3pm Wednesday tee times. Breaks up the work week and doesn't interfere with any 4 day weekend trips in the summer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well played terrible yesterday. Chunked everything for 6 holes and then started clean up the contact. Luckily for me, my opponent hadn't swung a club all winter until the first tee today so I was able to come away with a 7-2 victory and bank some points for the team.

Need to get some outdoor short game practice going.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Second official match yesterday.

Tied my end and shot a 39. Three birdies, which makes that round okay if you weren't looking.
Partner lost but it was close, so we are 0-1-1 for the season so far. Had fun, drank too much.

Nothing to report from Monday, we got totally washed out.

I was off to a pretty solid start too, with a couple of pars.

Thursday league kicks off tomorrow though (thankfully).

Got the first scores on the season from last Thursdays round. Took 12/20 points but didn't very well. Shot 4 over my handicap but I walked away with a win so can't be too bad. Got a call to sub for another league tonight with the same format, unfortunately I promised to help the wife with a project so I had to pass. Normal round tomorrow where I'm giving up 5 strokes, hopefully I can get some stuff figured out before then.

Nothing to report from Monday, we got totally washed out.

This part could have got us also, had some thunder but no visible lightning.
It was such a beautiful day, until league. Of course, I had put my umbrella and gear away the day before. Thankful it was warm, and not horrible.

subbed in for league last night. Made seven pars, one bogey, and one birdie.

I don't think we won a hole.
Yikes. Been there, found new league lol.

Match play today against a 36 handicapper who proceeded to shoot 10 under net (cherry on top was a 4-putt, 7 on the last hole). So that was fun.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PNUT and I joined the Monday night league at Hyatt Hills. They have three flights (net and gross winners) with a long drive hole for each flight and CTP on both par 3s for all flights. We played in a 20mph wind on 4/15 and I ended up winning the net in my flight (and would have won the long drive, had the wind blown the ball back to the fairway). We skipped this week's round because of rain and I hope that we'll be able to get out this Monday.

First round today, I wasn't pleased with my contribution, but as a team we won the round so that puts us at the top of our group

Just need to keep that going for the rest of the season

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I won my Leagues 2nd Event and jump to the top of the standings.

Time to find another gear and continue accumulating points!

Back