Well I scored a Personal Best in my Tuesday night league with a 42 and that score included my 2nd ever Eagle.
Beautiful chip in from 50 yards.
Took 2 points, won the Low Net Pool and now in 5th place in overall scoring.
All in all a pretty good night.....

one of the weirdest rounds

#1 Par 3 - complete shank, bladed the provisional OB, find the first ball to be hittable with a quarter swing, somehow get the ball near the green, escape with a bogey

#2 Par 3 - nasty hole placement, just barely miss a birdie putt, par

#3 Par 4 - terrible low heel drive, make an incredible shot out of the rough over a willow tree to a small elevated green, ending with a tap-in par

#4 Par 3 - another bladejob, chip to 3 inches

#5 Par 3 - another shank (wtf), escape from behind a tree, 2-putt bogey

#6 Par 4 - great drive, bad approach, chip and putt for par

#7 Par 4 - another great drive (wtf), 2-putt par

#8 Par 4 - good tee shot gets punished with a sidehill lie, approach ends up in a clover patch, yet another bladejob to some more rough, another chip goes awry, long putt nearly goes in, tap-in double

#9 Par 3 - we all hate this hole, my tee shot is a little left but OK, except it bounces off the gravel path to the practice green beyond the hole, pitch back over trees, chip to 2 feet, bogey putt lips out after hitting a shoe mark and diving right

+6 over 9 but I deserved much worse

I signed up for my first league ever; Twilight Golf Association, playing in Wall Twp NJ. Super psyched - playing every tuesday night, nine holes.

After a disappointing result in the last round, the next round was held at my home club last Saturday and our team managed to win the round

The overall standings have our team in 3rd place now but only the top 2 qualify for the finals so we still have work to do to try and move up another place

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Gotta love playing a sub straight up (8 hdcp) that then proceeds to shoot like +3 without breaking a sweat, didn't even have a chance out the gate.

Shot 43 today. Made small mistakes in the round that should have easily been a sub 40 round. Up side is I had my 3 longest drives of the season after making one small change. Look forward to next time out.

In response to my last post about fixing my drive one of those 3 drives was on the Longest Drive hole and found out today it held and is the first "Longest Drive" I've ever won. It is only for a logo'd ball but I'll take it. It's the 3rd ball I've earned this season in this league. First was Closest to pin and 2nd was low gross.

Well the Iceman! cooled off last night.
After starting off ok, my opponent dropped a bird on me on hole 4 to go up 2 & 1
I proceeded to rattle off 3 pars in a roll and pick up only 2 holes as I had to give him a stroke on one.
We tied 7 and was up on holes and strokes going to 9.
I then proceed to drop an 8 with a water ball.
Lost on strokes and picked up a .5 point for tying holes.
Can't believe I had 39 going into the last hole and ended up with 47.
To my credit, my opponent, who was a sub, did put up his best round of the year.
Sometimes you're the Bug and other times you're the Windshield.
Just wasn't my match to win.

Well the Iceman! cooled off last night.
After starting off ok, my opponent dropped a bird on me on hole 4 to go up 2 & 1
I proceeded to rattle off 3 pars in a roll and pick up only 2 holes as I had to give him a stroke on one.
We tied 7 and was up on holes and strokes going to 9.
I then proceed to drop an 8 with a water ball.
Lost on strokes and picked up a .5 point for tying holes.
Can't believe I had 39 going into the last hole and ended up with 47.
To my credit, my opponent, who was a sub, did put up his best round of the year.
Sometimes you're the Bug and other times you're the Windshield.
Just wasn't my match to win.

Oh man that hurts. Ive done it too with 33 going into last hole and posting a 9 for a 42.

Cripe, I shot a 43 tonight, two triples and a lost ball.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Had my best league round this year a 34 (-2), but was completely overshadowed by my partners ace on a par 4.

b03216b97cb3e8c03000c917e80aed2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a so so round for my league today. Just couldn't get adjusted to the hard and slow greens. Shots wouldn't hold but scampered by slowly away from the hole. Odd. Also there was a rules discussion after the round that was interesting.

I started the round as 14-B with a 4 ball. The group that was 14-A was a 3 ball but only 2 players drove out to the hole. The first player hit his drive then the ranger comes back, the last groups were on 13, and asks if the B group can go ahead of the A group because the 3rd player just showed up. All of us were a little puzzled by it as we were not sure if we could do it. The group agreed it was better for the 1 player to be DQ'ed for him being late rather than all 7 of us being DQ'ed if we switched and were not allowed. So the 2nd guy hits his balls, and a provisional, and drove off. I am not sure if they had hit their second shots when their 3rd showed up and then took his tee shot. Either way the B group then had to wait for him to catch up and be on his way.

So we get to the scorer's table and I ask for future reference (my only purpose was asking for clarification), in that situation can the 2 groups switch to allow that person more time to get to the hole. They all agreed that we could switch, however the 14-A group never discussed the late player with scorers and then they had a discussion on what dictates a DQ for that player. 5 minutes or players taking 2nd shots was the answer. I told them I didn't keep a watch on it and I was not sure if his partners had played their 2nd shots, they would have to ask that group. Right now it looks as though he has not be DQ'ed.

This month takes our "SWEEPS" Tourney to PGA professional golfer Ryan Moore's "The Classic" Golf Course... one of 3 Ryan Moore owned course in the Tacoma area.

"2019 Sweeps" is an Area Golf League that pits 2 man Best ball teams against teams from all the local arae clubs. Every month a different club is host. A great way to play at other clubs and meet other local golfers.

The following week is Round 1 of our 2019 ALVGC Championships... a 2 day 36 hole tourney.

66749532_10156741415343401_4794844014002044928_o.jpg

As for our Wednesday Evening 9 Hole League... after winning for 7 straight weeks, I really dumped it at this past Wednesday's Skins competition, failing to do better than par on every hole and winning ZERO skins. Ugh!

My best league score of the season today. Shot 40 with 2 birdies and a darn 7 on a par 4 kept me out of the 30's.

Edit: took low gross and tied low net for the week.

Last edited:
Played horrible today. Shot 47. Just one of those days where you can tell it's gonna be ugly. Lol Only good part to the round was my 13' 8" held for closest to the pin on one of the par 3s. Oh well gonna just forget it and move on.

Shot a 40 last night (Par 35). 3 putted two different par 3's and missed a 12 footer for par on the 9th hole for 39 :banghead:.

Would've been 1st time breaking 40 this year. Oh well.. putter is usually strong point too. There's always next week!!

Finally a chance to get out there after back to back weeks of rainouts. Was cruising along at +4 though 6 and then... dropped a smooth 9 with 2 lost balls on the 7th. Managed to get the victory and tied low net for my team but it ruined what could have been a really good round.

My best league score of the season today. Shot 40 with 2 birdies and a darn 7 on a par 4 kept me out of the 30's.

Edit: took low gross and tied low net for the week.

Played horrible today. Shot 47. Just one of those days where you can tell it's gonna be ugly. Lol Only good part to the round was my 13' 8" held for closest to the pin on one of the par 3s. Oh well gonna just forget it and move on.

7 Shot difference in 1 week - enough to drive you nuts.....

Always nice to take a two week break from League play and the two subs that picked up your matches, win both matches.

7 Shot difference in 1 week - enough to drive you nuts.....

Ya it does but it was a product of not feeling it and the rain softened the fairways again and lost rollout so making me hit longer clubs into the green so lost some accuracy.

I shot 45 on Thursdays league so I'm headed back in the right direction.

League tournament last Saturday. I stayed in the fairway all day and ended up 2nd in my flight (3 shots back.)

I guess we're evenly matched. I beat him by 2 strokes and he's beaten me by 3 the last 2 tournaments.

Though hitting a beautiful 2nd shot on a dogleg left, which was actually a dogleg right, didn't help. Really should have looked at those pretty pictures that they gave us.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Always nice to golf like "Hot Garbage" and still take 1.5 of 2 points
Rust from not playing showed up on my 51 score in the matter of bad chips - Need to work on that a little bit
Had 3-7's take them away and I'm averaging a 45.
The Killer was is that I lost the .5 point on the last hole on a bad chip - Dang it!

Last edited:
42 tonight... first round w/ new iron set (Cobra OL). Love the irons. Everything felt crisp. Should've been better but 3-putted a par 3 and tripled a par 4. The Par 4 is actually a tough hole where you have to layup at about 210 then carry 120 over tall grass & water to a difficult green. Pured a 5 iron right into the water (normally about 185 w/ the club) and then totally flubbed a wedge. Oh Well... Breaking 40 soon.

Got my tee time for the league match on Saturday, so hopefully we can do well and try to pick up a spot and get into second place in the group

Back