Shot 46 in Tuesdays league but took quite a few points then subbed for a guy yesterday and shot 41 and took most of the points. Hope I hit it as well today as I was yesterday.

I had myself a day today! Shot a 43 and nabbed my lowest net of the year (-6). The guy I was playing went shot for shot with me and posted a 44. With this win my team has pulled itself into the last playoff spot with about 3 weeks to go in the regular season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

42 last night at league.

My average this year is right around 50.

And the 42 included an 8 on a par 5.

I also birdie two holes, which I've never done on a league night. (A par 4 and a par 3)

The guy I was playing was giving me 4 strokes based on league handicap. He was a good sport.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I’m a 7 in our 9 hole league. Played another 7 last night and had a fun, competitive match.

I three putted #6 (grrrr) and he took the lead. Got up/down for par on 7, then eagled 8 thanks to whoever moved the tees way up. It’s usually about a 500y par 5, but some weeks when the older guys complain enough they move the tees up to about 450y and leave it a par 5. Driver, knockdown 9i and a putt for eagle.

We started on 3 so we finished on 2. I missed the fairway, missed the green and got up/down for par. Won the match 39-40.

42 yesterday and took most of the points against the team just ahead of us so we moved up into 3rd. Birdied one of the par 5's with a 7 iron to about 5 ft.

I haven't seen the official results yet, but our team won the round yesterday so we have closed the points gap on the top 2 teams

I think we are 1 point behind the team in second place with 2 rounds left to play

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Shot a 41 in League last night with one double bogey, no birdies.

Our league allows us to roll the ball in Fairway, I hit three Fairways and rolled ball every time to give me a perfect lie. I was given a 3 foot bogey putt.

As you can see this was not a regulation round! My question is do any of you score in a similar fashion? If you do roll your ball and accept 3 foot putts and other things like that , do you record your score for handicap purposes?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Shot a 41 in League last night with one double bogey, no birdies.

Our league allows us to roll the ball in Fairway, I hit three Fairways and rolled ball every time to give me a perfect lie. I was given a 3 foot bogey putt.

As you can see this was not a regulation round! My question is do any of you score in a similar fashion? If you do roll your ball and accept 3 foot putts and other things like that , do you record your score for handicap purposes?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

We were rained out for the 3rd or 4th time last night... so disappointing :at-wits-end:

Our league is kind of lax w/ rules. Some guys will fluff a little and there are "gimmes." Have to putt all par or better.

My partner and I play each other every week as well w/ the loser having to pay for skins the next week. On more than one occasion one of our opponents has said "pick it up" and either myself or partner has said "nope... putt that s%&t!!"

I am not available for the match, but there is another round scheduled for tomorrow but the weather isn't looking good so it may be cancelled which will mean another re-arranged fixture

As it stands, we are currently in third place in the group with 2 rounds left to play

1st place - 40 points
2nd place - 37 points
3rd place - 36 points (Our club)

If we can finish ahead of the team in second place in both of the rounds left to play, we will qualify for the finals

What I will find annoying is that there was one round where we had a player fail to turn up (I don't know the reason why) and because of this, the rules state that you are docked a point for not having a full team
If we had had a full team for that round, even a mediocre score from the final player would potentially have given us another 2-3 points more than we got at that round and we would have been in second place in the group already and possibly even challenging for the top spot in the group

i got matched up with a guy I really wanted to beat last night (long story)... he's a 6, I'm a 7.

I missed a 3 footer on 2 for par; took bogey. Ugh.

We were tied on 8, a short par 5, tees were way up. Playing about 425. Striped my drive, had 150 left, and... shanked a 9i OB. Ended up making double.

He beat me 39-42. Make the putt on 2 and make par on 8 and we tie 39/39, I get one pop, would've won the match. Gaaaaaah.

The team had a bit of a nightmare at the weekend in the league round - despite the rain we had on Friday, the course hosting the round was open on Saturday (they were closed Friday) so the round went ahead

A horrible result for our team finishing 7th on the day (out of 8 teams) means we are in 4th place overall and 4 points behind the team in 2nd place

1st - 47 points (they have qualified for the finals with only 1 round left)
2nd - 42 points
3rd - 39 points
4th - 38 points (Our team)

It is looking highly unlikely that we will make the team finals unless something miraculous happens in the last round - we would need to score 5 points more than the team currently in 2nd place and at least 2 points more than the team currently in 3rd place to jump ahead of both of them and qualify for the team finals

Another possibility for me is to make it there for the individual event - this is based on the best 3 scores for each player with the top scorer from each club going to the final
Currently I am in second place there but I am only a single point behind our top scorer, so if I can put in a decent round and he either isn't available for the last round or has a bad round I may be able to overtake him

The scores are (best 3 rounds Stableford points, with the 4th best score being used in the event of a tie)

1st place - 39, 37, 36 for a total of 112 and a 4th best round of 32
2nd place - 41, 35, 35 for a total of 111 and a 4th best round of 32 (Me)

If I can score 36 points (or better) and a better score than our current top scorer I will qualify for the individual final, as despite having the same total, my 4th best round will then be a score of 35

Last week of league yesterday, shot my hdcp 45 (+9) and won my match in 6. Pretty much figured out why I've been having a bunch of bad weeks, partner won his match too and won team BB. Nice to get all the possible points on a position week, good luck to everyone as their league's come to a close.

Shot 42 tonight for league low gross but we split points because I had to give 8 strokes and my partner gave 9 and the opponents played better than their hc. It's a good thing I played well otherwise we would have taken a beating.

I was doing ok tonight until I somehow lost two balls that both appeared to be nice shots in the fairway or first cut on a par five.

Very, very frustrating.

Such are the golf gods I guess.....

Our team had a 3 point lead going into final week and took 12 of 16 points. Trouble is the second place team swept all 16 points and won the league. Good on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This past week I lipped a birdie putt on 9 that would've given me a round of 39 (with only 1 par!) but had to settle for a 40. My partner and I are just 2 points out of 1st.

I started the round birdie/birdie and then started thinking about it.

Well today started well with 2 pars. It went downhill after having to wait almost a half hour at the par 3 before getting to play waiting on the other teams. 3 dbl bogeys in a row thanks to having to wait 10 to 20 mins between shots just killed me. Parred the next 2 the bogeyed 8 and 9 for a 44. Just shy of 3 hrs to play 9 holes tonight was miserable. Only upside is my putting was good so I seem to have got that back in order.

Well my team made it to the Semi-Finals of our Tuesday Night League last night. One more win away to play Monday Night's winning team.
After giving 7 shots on 9 holes yesterday, I manged to win on holes and tie on strokes.
My opponent made a birdie on a par 3, thankfully not on a hole that I had to give him a shot on.
Will be working on my short game hard for next weeks match.

2 Events remaining in League this year and both are at courses that I typically play well at. I find myself in 6th place (26 players total) and only 10 points behind the leader, and I'm armed with a league handicap of 12.5 or something obscene.
Nobody to blame but myself if I don't bring home some hardware this year.

Our league is about done. We had our league championship 2 weeks ago so guys could get match play done before school started back up. There are about 8-10 of us who will still get together on Tuesday just to do it.

Shot another 40 even last night... My partner was a sub and he shot 37. That was good enough to move us into 1st!!!

Shot 41 last night. Started bogey dbl bogey bogey then pars all the way til last hole and I messed up a chip shot and bogeyed. Not sure how we did with points.

Well, I put up a 44 last night.

Two birdies. And a 9 on a par-4.

I totally jacked up a chance to have my best 9 ever......

Shot 45 tonight. Started out really good and then once again having to wait 10+ mins between shots disrupted my rythm and I had some errant shots that added up. We still managed 12 points and moved from 5th into 4th place with one regular week left then position battle week.

Iceman!;n8882613 said:
Well my team made it to the Semi-Finals of our Tuesday Night League last night. One more win away to play Monday Night's winning team.
After giving 7 shots on 9 holes yesterday, I manged to win on holes and tie on strokes.
My opponent made a birdie on a par 3, thankfully not on a hole that I had to give him a shot on.
Will be working on my short game hard for next weeks match.

Played for the championship of our Tuesday Night league and lost the match along with my team losing the match overall.
Their "D" Player with the 11 HDCP put in for a sub and a 6 HDCP picked up the match, so I got 3 shots
Knew this was going to happen and prepped all weekend on that basis.
Won the first 3 holes and then preceded to lose the next 6.
The "B" player in my opponent showed up and I had nothing for him.
Felt bad however 2 other guys on my team lost as well, so it just wasn't in the cards.
Stings a little however it's a learning experience that I'll take into next year.

Back