What would you shoot at The Masters?

If I shot anything close to 120 in tournament conditions, I would buy pimento cheese sandwiches for everyone! :laughing:

If I shot anything close to 120 in tournament conditions, I would buy pimento cheese sandwiches for everyone! :laughing:
$1.50*7 billion.

You Warren Buffet or something? Could ANGC supply that many sandwiches?

But yeah 120 would be a story

I did play Augusta National in 2013.

I shot 88. Birdied #6 and #16.

(Look at my avatar. That's me playing #12.....which I parred)

What was your handicap at the time and what tee's did you play off of? That's pretty damn amazing you got to play there. How did it come about?

An acquaintance played TPC Sawgrass on the Monday after The Players from the tips and shot 105. I'd be thrilled with anything under 120 from the Augusta tournament tees where you keep putting until the ball is in the hole. 495 yard par 4...6 is a solid number. Driver --> 3H --> wedge --> 3 putts.

I'm not sure I could shoot under 120 there in those conditions. That would be the most enjoyable bad round of golf ever though!

From members tees I think around 105 or so. From the Championship tees it would be much worse.

I don't think I could bring enough balls with me to finish a round.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't think I could bring enough balls with me to finish a round.

Its why we have caddies and fore caddies. Bring 4 dozen and they have to carry it

Its why we have caddies and fore caddies. Bring 4 dozen and they have to carry it
I think once I lose 12 I just quit.

I would not go low, that's for sure. You cannot underestimate the lack of course knowledge that would play havoc to approach shots and putts.

I would not go low, that's for sure. You cannot underestimate the lack of course knowledge that would play havoc to approach shots and putts.

Funny thing when I was watching the coverage, and when it showed the trackman numbers, everytime the guys hit, I was like oh Dan's numbers most closely resemble Kuchar.

I would shoot 200 here and it would be the best 200 ever.

ESC might be 136

I have no idea but it would be a big number

Funny thing when I was watching the coverage, and when it showed the trackman numbers, everytime the guys hit, I was like oh Dan's numbers most closely resemble Kuchar.

I would shoot 200 here and it would be the best 200 ever.

ESC might be 136

Except I tip better (probably) lmao

What was your handicap at the time and what tee's did you play off of? That's pretty damn amazing you got to play there. How did it come about?

I used to be very involved with sports marketing and the PGA TOUR. That’s how I got invited. At the time, I was playing to a 12 handicap. At Augusta National, they only let you play from the member’s tees which is approx 6,400 yards. So I played from there. If you have a low handicap you can request to play from the championship tees and they may grant your request. I know a guy who had a 2 handicap and played from the champ tees. He shot 79.

Myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the tournament tees and pin placements, well north of 100.

Probably 125+ from the championship tees, Masters pin placements and Masters green conditions.

I would expect to be around 200 I figure. I would need so many balls...oh man.

If you throw in practice rounds and a top notch caddie... I would think a mid 90 is possible. Approach some of the par 4s as par 5s. I putt very well on super fast greens so that would help. What would be my struggle would be the short game of stopping a ball on some of those shelves.
Show up and never see the course. No way I crack 100.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So..

Let’s say you got to play a round at Augusta National. What do you think your score would be?

For me, I doubt I would break 100, with a TON of 5 jacks on the greens!

What say you?

Not a chance I would break 100 with the greens maybe not even 110 but it would be bucket list for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon I could break 100, I think I prefer golf when greens are crazy fast and pure, means you just need to hit it on your line and believe.

Big help needed from caddy

Aren't the Member tees like 1000 yards shorter than the Professional tees?

Member Tees? I'd like to think I could shoot a 110-115.

Professional Tees? I'm screwed.

150 is my guess, and I'd be smiling the entire time doing so!

Really depends on the tees and how fast they have the greens running. Member tees with normal greens I think I could break 80. Tournament conditions with not having ever played those greens running at a 13+ STIMP, 90++. By brother-in-laws father played Augusta several times when he was in his golfing prime at a 4 index. He broke 80 from the members tees a few times.

Back