Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you had a great lesson. Good luck on the range tomorrow :) Looking forward to hearing how it goes tomorrow GG :)

Excellent GG! SO when should we expect Nike to sign you to a contract for the Big Show (LPGA)? Good luck with your lessons and I guarantee you will be sub 95 sooner than you think.

Sounds like you had a great lesson. Good luck on the range tomorrow :) Looking forward to hearing how it goes tomorrow GG :)

Excellent GG! SO when should we expect Nike to sign you to a contract for the Big Show (LPGA)? Good luck with your lessons and I guarantee you will be sub 95 sooner than you think.

Thank you two. I am looking forward to the range tomorrow but I really can't wait to play with her in a few weeks. I have wanted to do a playing lesson for a long time but I always thought it was going to be crazy expensive but this is the same price as my regular lesson so I am psyched! Plus I really want to see her play. She has the course record of a 28 on 9 holes on an LPGA course. I would love to see her game.

LOL SMG I don't think anyone will be knocking down my door but I don't care I just want to break 100. I will seriously be doing cartwheels down the fairway if that happens.

You'll love the playing lesson. I've had a few with the pro I work with, though we normally only play a few holes. You learn stuff that you can't quite learn on the range.

I got in another 18 the other day. Shot a dismal 105. 56 on the front, with 7s on both par 3s and a 49 on the longer back. The back 9 is where I'm shooting better lately which is odd.

My par 4/5 teeshots were on. I hit my 3w over 200 yards on 5/13 holes I used it on. All of the 'bombs' were in the fairway or just off it. I only had 1 bad drive out of the 14 non par 3 holes.

My irons were MIA though.

I'm getting there I think.

You'll love the playing lesson. I've had a few with the pro I work with, though we normally only play a few holes. You learn stuff that you can't quite learn on the range.

I am so excited I wish the playing lesson was tomorrow.

I got in another 18 the other day. Shot a dismal 105. 56 on the front, with 7s on both par 3s and a 49 on the longer back. The back 9 is where I'm shooting better lately which is odd.

My par 4/5 teeshots were on. I hit my 3w over 200 yards on 5/13 holes I used it on. All of the 'bombs' were in the fairway or just off it. I only had 1 bad drive out of the 14 non par 3 holes.

49 on the back is great! You are deifnitely getting there that's awesome!

great stuff GG! you'll be there before you know it!

So I had my golf lesson today and it went really well. My instructor is confident that if I can break some of my bad habits I will break 100 in no time. She said My goal should be to break 95 not 100....I told her she is a big dreamer haha.

I am going to play 9 holes with her in 2 week and I can't wait! She said to get out and practice what we went over for the next few weeks and then we will play 9 together. She wants to know what I am thinking and how my course maintenance is. I plan to be at the range bright and early tomorrow to work on the issues we talked about today. I was making my swing work harder then it needed to and having too much turn with my take away so by the time I finished I was wrapping the club around my body causing a nasty hook. She keeps reminding me it's all about the tilted L.

I really hope I have a good range session tomorrow and I can remember to work on the things she told me.

She was also telling me to work on just taking practice swings. She said to set up the club in the air by my knees and take a practice swing where the club never touches the ground. This will help me control my take away and speed. She played on the LPGA for some years and she said these were the same drills her instructor made her do. If it helped get her to where she was then what the heck I can give it a try ha.

Your game sounds about identical to mine; good tee shots (only about 200-225 but keeping them straight), decent putting (a little less than 2 putts per hole), but middle game (iron shots) is lacking.

One thing I tried the past week, hope it pays off...went to a Par 3 course twice this past week but didn't keep score, only recorded my putts. With no pressure to score well, it was like getting real-world practice hitting irons and not just on a driving range since their driving range has the mats, but the teeing areas on the course are grass. Was hitting the irons pretty decent those days; hopefully next time I'm able to make it to a course, the results will show up on the scorecard.

Good luck to bort, and GG and ken. Keep the positive thoughts going!!! Lets all break through together!!!

Interesting insight about my game Ken. I think you may be on to something. I'm a bit shorter then you off the tee. I think my average 3w is 167 or so, the bad shots help keep those 200+ yard ones from pulling my average too high.

I bet the par 3 work will help you. I think we have a pitch and putt in the area but I've never been.

Today I learned a mental game lesson. I added my score after the turn and had a 51 on the front. So I knew I needed 48 on the back. I started out with a triple on a par 5. I then doubled the next 2 holes. This pretty much made it next to impossible for me to break 100. My game just fell apart and I carded a 61 on the back.

I had some good stuff. Hit my 3w 221 on #1 and got my par. I hit my driver on the par 5 that I try to slice over the trees to cut the corner. Well this time I hit a high draw, uphill, all carry 212 yards. A dead straight shot. One of my best driver shots in years.

My irons let me down though. I had an open club face and played ping pong with some trees. I also tried too many punches with my 4i from wet rought. Bad combo. So I bled alot of strokes out there. I even carded a 10 on a par 4 and I was in a "I don't care" kinda place as I was doing it. Stupid I know, lol.

On the range my irons have been ok. So I know I can do this.

I think I have to start over from scratch. I haven't practiced or played since Sunday (didn't have a lesson this week :sad:) so I finally was able to go to the range tonight, just got back actually. Hit an extra large bucket of balls, kept topping them. My first 3 hits were magnificent, but then it was all downhill from there...I added nice holes to the range haa haa...I just couldn't hit a ball today...When I was hitting the balls with my feet together - awesome. But when I went into my stance and addressed the ball and everything, look out...it just dribbled :( Taking a break from golf is good, but because its going on 5 days now, me and golf just weren't working out :crying: I'm not going to attempt this again until my lesson on Tuesday!

I tried out my new shoes and my new glove. I love my new Bionic glove, padding in just the right places :)

I think I have to start over from scratch. I haven't practiced or played since Sunday (didn't have a lesson this week :sad:) so I finally was able to go to the range tonight, just got back actually. Hit an extra large bucket of balls, kept topping them. My first 3 hits were magnificent, but then it was all downhill from there...

Same problem, after a few swings it goes downhill for me. The ability to hit 10 consistent shots is a personal goal.

GC, don't worry. Try again another time. I've had range sessions where I couldn't hit the ball for crap. I went back the next day or even played and I was fine.

Got out @ 6am today. I shot a 45 on the front, tying my personal best score for 9. I had 1 par, 6 bogeys, and 2 dbls. Only 13 putts, so I was getting up and down. I was also using driver off the tee instead of my 3w.

I rolled around to the back and on #10 I hit a popup with my driver and ended up with an 8. I pulled a 6 on the next hole which is a 400+ par 4, so it's like a par 5 for me. I get through 15 and I'm barely on track. I have 2 bogeys and 2 triples. Everything else is a dbl. I have 2 par 4s and a par 5. I shot 7,8,9 for a 59....

I suck lol. Some of my play was too agressive. I could have save a stroke on the front and at least 5 on the back. Oh well, it happens.

GC, don't worry. Try again another time. I've had range sessions where I couldn't hit the ball for crap. I went back the next day or even played and I was fine.

You're so right. I went back to the range this morning and I was hitting them so much better. I think 120 range balls is a bit to much!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

:sad: Sigh... just got back from my "regular" 62-par course and I shot a 104 today. 52 front and 52 back. Lost 4 balls, one to who knows where and three to the "water magnet". Putting was the pits. Irons were average. Driver was reliable. 3-wood was "what 3-wood?". No crossing over to adjacent fairways, although one was really close. Beautiful day in the high 70's even though the forecast I read yesterday said high 60's. Shoulda' worn shorts. Maybe I can go to the driving range tomorrow, but definitely looking forward to another round next weekend.

Well, well, well. So close today. Shot a 102, which is my lowest score to date. I was actually very surprised when I added it up because it felt like a 108 haha.

Positives today:
-My Burner was straight and I was getting good distance. Hit three drives in the 230 yard range. Still not getting the height I want, but I was pretty happy.
-Irons were really good. I hit a few greens from good distance. Had great trajectory and they stopped quickly. I'm still getting used to my new distances.
- No snowmen today
- I parred a hole that has been my nemesis. It's a 380 yard par 4 with some rolling humps. Didn't seem so daunting after today.

Negatives today:
- 41 putts. I will not elaborate as it just pisses me off.
- Hybrids weren't as good as usual today.
- I walked and got tired toward the end and it affected my game.
- I carded 7's on the three easiest par 4's on the course.
- Lost 3 balls.
- Got stuck behind some drunks that were literally hanging out and talking on the teebox.

Oh yeah, and I got nailed in the center of my chest by some moron's drive. No "FORE" or anything. Just me sucking wind. Unfortunately, wayward driver was in a group of four very large, boorish men. I glared a bit, but did not exact any revenge.

So close! Oh well, it will be fun to try next time. Congrats on your personal best.

Well, well, well. So close today. Shot a 102, which is my lowest score to date. I was actually very surprised when I added it up because it felt like a 108 haha.

Positives today:
-My Burner was straight and I was getting good distance. Hit three drives in the 230 yard range. Still not getting the height I want, but I was pretty happy.
-Irons were really good. I hit a few greens from good distance. Had great trajectory and they stopped quickly. I'm still getting used to my new distances.
- No snowmen today
- I parred a hole that has been my nemesis. It's a 380 yard par 4 with some rolling humps. Didn't seem so daunting after today.

Negatives today:
- 41 putts. I will not elaborate as it just pisses me off.
- Hybrids weren't as good as usual today.
- I walked and got tired toward the end and it affected my game.
- I carded 7's on the three easiest par 4's on the course.
- Lost 3 balls.
- Got stuck behind some drunks that were literally hanging out and talking on the teebox.

Oh yeah, and I got nailed in the center of my chest by some moron's drive. No "FORE" or anything. Just me sucking wind. Unfortunately, wayward driver was in a group of four very large, boorish men. I glared a bit, but did not exact any revenge.

Wow a 102 that is just awesome!!! Way to go I am so happy for you. I can't believe you got hit by a ball are you alright?

Thanks! I wasn't all that happy about it until I added it up. Then I was like, "oh man, I could have done it today".

Yea, it was more shocking than anything. I was between holes and filling my water bottle at a fountain. All of a sudden, WHACK! I let out a few bad words. It felt like I got punched hard. I have a small mark, but nothing serious. Stupid people.

Ouch Hawk! Did they at least apologize? Last time I almost got hit, I don't think they found their ball. First, I stomped it in the ground, and second, they walked right on by and didn't even look for it (or look at me).

Gald to hear about your round Hawk. Sounds like things are coming together. I completely understand how walking can affect your round. I have had a great round going and started sucking wind around 14 or so and the round starts to slide.

Sorry to hear about the golf ball in the chest. I hope you had it checked out just to be sure everything is alright.

SMG

Dang hawk! I feel your pain... literally! Good shooting on the 102 though. Sounds like you're making some solid progress.

Dang hawk! I feel your pain... literally! Good shooting on the 102 though. Sounds like you're making some solid progress.

Yeah, what is it with THPers getting hit lately?

104 today. 50 on the front, 54 on the back. But it was freakin' windy out and raining off and on, so my distances were all over the place. I had two drives over 280, and I left lots of 100 yard shots waaaaay short. It was so windy that even straight puts were getting blown off line. :at-wits-end: Could have just as easily shot a 124.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back