Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaman cheese? Are you branching out?

Quick quick golf content: raining today so if we play tonight, alas it will be in Wellies

Yeah, we had the 30-hour steady rain. Going to take a couple of days to let that soak in. I'm playing With my FiL and Bil and their cousin Saturday on a course I've played solidly before. I'm hoping for a mid-90 round. It's a tight course, so the driver may be pulled from the bag before even leaving in the morning, just to avoid the temptation.

All agreed there, friends. He is mystic, runic and gnomic.

You know that bit in Guardians of the Galaxy where the previously enpretzellified Nebula appears in the shape of some form or elaborate knot, and then slowly clicks all her joints and limbs back into a discernible human shape? That's close enough.

LOL. Perfect imagery!

Yeah, we had the 30-hour steady rain. Going to take a couple of days to let that soak in. I'm playing With my FiL and Bil and their cousin Saturday on a course I've played solidly before. I'm hoping for a mid-90 round. It's a tight course, so the driver may be pulled from the bag before even leaving in the morning, just to avoid the temptation.

I'm trying to decide if the desire to play golf is stronger than the desire to not take a splorch! of mud splashing up to the face...

That is good advice. The 112 I shot the other day was filled with 6 ob's.:bulgy-eyes:

Playing Tuesday and Thursday this week hopefully. Need to find a way to fully commit to my swings.

Take a lesson or two. Chances are a pro can help you refind that swing faster than you can do it on your own.

After my round yesterday morning, I feel like I should be posting in here.....not sure what the shot count was, but I only scored 26 Stableford points in the round, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was over 100

Gusting wind and rain blowing horizontal at times didn't help - hitting 4i straight into the wind to a 160yd par 3 and coming up short will give you an idea of how strong the wind was (normal 4i for me is around 190-195yds)

The morning round was at a course I have only played once before, but even so, I would have expected to score better than I did :banghead:

Made up for it later in the afternoon though.....went out at my home course with Jen and a couple of our friends and I shot a 37 (+4) for 9 holes, with 5 pars and 4 bogeys, despite the wind still gusting although it was dry and sunny

I'm trying to decide if the desire to play golf is stronger than the desire to not take a splorch! of mud splashing up to the face...

There's a time when the course is just too soaked to be enjoyable. If I have to LCP every shot, and spray myself with mud when hitting, it really becomes more of an effort in futility, doesn't it? I have played, and will again, muddy tracks, I'm sure, but I want to get at least an approximation of enjoyment out of it.

Splorchfest 2018 :good:

@ShortStickShaman - do you visit bad hoodoo upon specific players upon request? Let's say someone's workmate is playing Pebble Beach today and he's been insufferable about it, so what (theoretically) would be the going rate to make him Tom Hanks one off the first tee?

Asking for a friend.

@ShortStickShaman - do you visit bad hoodoo upon specific players upon request? Let's say someone's workmate is playing Pebble Beach today and he's been insufferable about it, so what (theoretically) would be the going rate to make him Tom Hanks one off the first tee?

Asking for a friend.

No charge for B100 peeps.

Ask him about the horde of locusts when he gets back.

No charge for B100 peeps.

Ask him about the horde of locusts when he gets back.

He's teeing off at 12.10 local time today, and he invokes Satan's Paw (left hander), so I'm going to be watching on some of the webcams.

Theoretically speaking. :angel:

He's teeing off at 12.10 local time today, and he invokes Satan's Paw (left hander), so I'm going to be watching on some of the webcams.

Theoretically speaking. :angel:

I forgot to ask, did you want just a "general nuisance" locust swarm or a "denuded skeleton" swarm?

I forgot to ask, did you want just a "general nuisance" locust swarm or a "denuded skeleton" swarm?

I’m slightly concerned there was no answer. Hopefully you just ordered up a general nuisance!

No golf tonight. Definitely too wet. Fighting the stressors tonight. There was some discussion of a noon time tee time tomorrow and possibly hauling out the walking carts...we shall see...

Ciao bellos and bellas...Daze and Maric stay safe out there!

I was hoping for a full Raiders of the Lost Ark melty face Nazi turn out.

Houston has ruined my temperature tolerances. It’s 71 F out. Tee time is at 4:30. And I’m searching for long sleeves.

Of course in Houston, the North Face puffy jackets are on when it’s 60 F out. (In defense, before the upper Midwesterners mention lake effects and the folks in the Plains scoff with their insane wind chills, the humidity remains high year round, and that kind of cold humidity goes right to the bones! I’d rather deal with 20F and wind chills than 40F and raining any winter!)

Round report: wow. Just wow. What a bizarre round. There was a league on the front 9 with a shotgun start, so we were sent off to the back 9 of Dorchester (find with me, I love the back 9). So I teed off with a great shot, and made a decent bogey (tricky green). My cousin didn't do so hot. So the walker behind us plays every day and is a helluva golfer, so he thought we were joking when we said we were going to let him play through and start over. So we did hahaha.

Sooo after the restart, bagged 3 bogeys, 2 pars, and 1 birdie. One would think that would be a round to celebrate. Alas. 2 doubles, and a sweet, sweet, write-home-to-your-momma 10. I dunno what happened, just blew up. And on my favorite hole too, the Copperhead Creek one.

On the good news front, the uphill crazy stupid par 3 that has always given me fits, I managed one of the pars.So I'll call tonight a success!

Alas, my streak of rounds without losing a ball has ended. I lost two tonight. I believe the next streak will begin tomorrow!

That is good advice. The 112 I shot the other day was filled with 6 ob's.:bulgy-eyes:

Playing Tuesday and Thursday this week hopefully. Need to find a way to fully commit to my swings.

Sometimes it's tough to get that commitment. I have to remind myself to swing all the way through.

For a couple of decades, I had rolled an Odyssey Rossie 2 face-balanced mid-mallet. I went to a SeeMore FGP (the brass one), and then an Odyssey #9. This season I went back to the Rossie, and am putting much more consistently. So, I agree the weight and balance may be much better for you. There is a reason they make 8 bajillion types of putters.

I'll have my EXO Rossie with me so you're welcome to try that out vs your usual.

Round report: wow. Just wow. What a bizarre round. There was a league on the front 9 with a shotgun start, so we were sent off to the back 9 of Dorchester (find with me, I love the back 9). So I teed off with a great shot, and made a decent bogey (tricky green). My cousin didn't do so hot. So the walker behind us plays every day and is a helluva golfer, so he thought we were joking when we said we were going to let him play through and start over. So we did hahaha.

Sooo after the restart, bagged 3 bogeys, 2 pars, and 1 birdie. One would think that would be a round to celebrate. Alas. 2 doubles, and a sweet, sweet, write-home-to-your-momma 10. I dunno what happened, just blew up. And on my favorite hole too, the Copperhead Creek one.

On the good news front, the uphill crazy stupid par 3 that has always given me fits, I managed one of the pars.So I'll call tonight a success!

Alas, my streak of rounds without losing a ball has ended. I lost two tonight. I believe the next streak will begin tomorrow!

That still sounds like a sub-50 nine! 10s happen unfortunately. At least it wasn't a 12!

It sounds like your game is coming along nicely. I keep seeing pars and birdies sprinkled here and there. The bogies are not bad either because sometimes it's just one bad shot then it's recover time. I know that seeing a scorecard with 'some' pars is a major boost to the confidence level. The birdies are just icing on the cake.

It sounds like your game is coming along nicely. I keep seeing pars and birdies sprinkled here and there. The bogies are not bad either because sometimes it's just one bad shot then it's recover time. I know that seeing a scorecard with 'some' pars is a major boost to the confidence level. The birdies are just icing on the cake.

Well my goal is bogey. I’m actually quite happy to bogey, which sounds strange, but I figure 9 over would be a heckuva round for me!

I bought some new to me irons about a week ago. They arrived late in the afternoon of my last day of my 2 week vacation then it was 3 day shifts with no golfing. I really wanted to try them out today but the course was partially closed down from all the rain yesterday. It is a prelude to what is in store when the hurricane dumps on us. So it looks like either trying to find a dry spot tomorrow out on the course or wait about a week for things to hopefully get back to normal for the local course.

I almost forgot about the clubs. They are forged Nike Pro Combo irons from 3i to 9i, P, A with KBS Tour shafts. I already purchased a new 2i but that has a Dynamic Gold shaft with different grips. The 2i and 3i lofts are only 2 degrees apart so I might skip the 3i and that would give me room for my 60 degree wedge along with driver, 3 wood, and 56 sand wedge, and putter. The iron lofts are just a little weaker than what I'm currently using so hopefully they aren't too short.

Is it too late?

Yeah, he pinged me on Whats App last night to tell me how much fun he had.

Hordes of blood thirsty, swarming Acrididae did not not naturally arise in the conversation, so I'm assuming he avoided them.

Yeah, he pinged me on Whats App last night to tell me how much fun he had.

Hordes of blood thirsty, swarming Acrididae did not not naturally arise in the conversation, so I'm assuming he avoided them.

Not even a particularly vicious swarm of gnats?

Shaman, you ordered that up for Pebble Beach, right, and not Pebbled Hill or something?

Not even a particularly vicious swarm of gnats?

Shaman, you ordered that up for Pebble Beach, right, and not Pebbled Hill or something?

#geogratastrophe

So my 5th round is in the books. Interesting too.

Shot a 104. The course I play is flanked with ob the entire way. I lost 10 strokes on ob. 3 of those ob's were due to poor club selection (my bad, still learning course), the other two were mishits. :embarrassed:

I lost 9 strokes on poor chips. Chunking them a foot or two or skulling them across the green. I NEED to figure this out. It's like I have the yips. Practice swings were perfect. Then the real one is herky jerky.

So 19 strokes on OB and poor chips. I feel like I'm close to getting back to where I was. My putting is stellar as is my iron play. I'm blistering my 5-PW nicely and fairly accurate. When off though, might as well kick the ball onto the green and take some penalties.:confused2::poop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back