Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the best lesson today it made me realize the progress. I switched instructors as the old one was inside. My new instructor is at the range and uses a trackman. Up until today I have never ever hit a draw! I hit 10 of them while working on my swing path. I have an over the top move that was about 9 degrees out to in on the path. When we were done today I was in to out at -1:7! Solid ball striking also. I have been working hard for my upcoming event in May.

I do drills each night and this weekend will be range time. Will be playing each week after that till I leave. It is coming together finally.

Thunderstorms. Boredom resulted in golfing the only way I can today
24178e5b2f58147f87cb740a3ebdfb9a.jpg

That would make an awesome headcover.

South Essex GC - Heron & Hawk

Playing here tomorrow morning early doors - play it fairly regularly, and it's always been a pretty nice heathland course.

The last two tracks I've played (Basildon and West Essex) have spoiled me a bit with each having multiple very memorable holes (including one that is now in my personal top 10 ever) and being in very good nick all the way from tee to green (plus having quite a few more trees to make them classic Parklands), so I'm hoping I don't devolve into some sort of golf diva and flounce about complaining like Veruca Salt.

South Essex GC - Heron & Hawk

Playing here tomorrow morning early doors - play it fairly regularly, and it's always been a pretty nice heathland course.

The last two tracks I've played (Basildon and West Essex) have spoiled me a bit with each having multiple very memorable holes (including one that is now in my personal top 10 ever) and being in very good nick all the way from tee to green (plus having quite a few more trees to make them classic Parklands), so I'm hoping I don't devolve into some sort of golf diva and flounce about complaining like Veruca Salt.

There's a solid chance you might when we play in October. Looking at that course, it's got about the same amount of trees as the first fairway does at the Brae. (I think that was the tree-lined hell we played.)

Now, will said flouncing be, ideally, mated with huge sighs, and comments on the plebian class, whom this course was obviously designed by??

I'm also kind of hoping for a bit of East End villain-speak A la The Guv'nor. (RIP)

There's a solid chance you might when we play in October. Looking at that course, it's got about the same amount of trees as the first fairway does at the Brae. (I think that was the tree-lined hell we played.)

Now, will said flouncing be, ideally, mated with huge sighs, and comments on the plebian class, whom this course was obviously designed by??

I'm also kind of hoping for a bit of East End villain-speak A la The Guv'nor. (RIP)

I have no issues with Heathland courses per se, and love links courses that are a gorse fest, but arborially challenged. I think it's more that the last few courses I played were really well designed, with some really subtle little features that make all the difference. It's probably just familiarity breeding something unpleasant.

And I'm way more The Krays than Brideshead Revisited -probably a 95:5 split :good:

I have no issues with Heathland courses per se, and love links courses that are a gorse fest, but arborially challenged. I think it's more that the last few courses I played were really well designed, with some really subtle little features that make all the difference. It's probably just familiarity breeding something unpleasant.

And I'm way more The Krays than Brideshead Revisited -probably a 95:5 split :good:

Don't stab me with a bayonet, please.

I think all of you could be just a wee bit off kilter!!
Hope everyone has a great day.

I think all of you could be just a wee bit off kilter!!
Hope everyone has a great day.

A little back story. Back in 1985, whilst spending my summers on Martha's Vineyard as a dishwasher/cook in a seafood restaurant, I met one of my best friend's, who happened to be from Brixton in south London. As we hung out and boozed, he would regale me with these stories about the London most Americans don't hear. Lots of underworld figures and stories that are pretty common knowledge there. Thus, I know enough about them to toss the odd obscure reference thommo's way. I also have read a bit about them, and love British gangster movies, so that helps.

A little back story. Back in 1985, whilst spending my summers on Martha's Vineyard as a dishwasher/cook in a seafood restaurant, I met one of my best friend's, who happened to be from Brixton in south London. As we hung out and boozed, he would regale me with these stories about the London most Americans don't hear. Lots of underworld figures and stories that are pretty common knowledge there. Thus, I know enough about them to toss the odd obscure reference thommo's way. I also have read a bit about them, and love British gangster movies, so that helps.

Been to a lot of countries in my military travels but England wasn't one of them unfortunately. Japan, Philippines, Germany, Korea, some Sh$tholes that aren't worth mention. There are great people all over when you take the time to make acquaintances and the food is to die for in places.
Never did get a good handle on warm beer though, but some of the beers are really good and really stout!!!

I think that was Stonehenge? Also... (NSFW)

Don't stab me with a bayonet, please.

I'll try, but no promises.

redcoats2.jpg

What would you prefer to be stabbed with then?

Ummm......nothing?

I'll bring a 2 iron!

Blimey it was cold today.

Hit 44/51=95

This one felt closer to a really good round than a lot of the low 90s ones I've had.

2 gross birdies, though - one of them on SI 4, and it is a tricky hole that I played just about as well as I could have.

2 blobs as well...and they were on my two favourite holes on the course.

Oh, Golf - you capricious harpie.

Tee time is 10:30 today. Had to push it back because I'm at work!!! :angry:

AAUUGGGHHHH Had a great night at Top Golf and was looking forward to playing today. Last night I tweaked my ankle again - sore ans swollen! No golf for me today. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back