Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot lights out the front 9 today with a 43. thats including a quad on the easiest hole. made 2 birdies for the first time. fell back to earth with a 52 the back 9. so frustrating that i can get stretches of good play and still top the ball on the fairways and hit a few sh@nk$ off the tee. def not complaining about a 95 on a pair 71 course.

Shot lights out the front 9 today with a 43. thats including a quad on the easiest hole. made 2 birdies for the first time. fell back to earth with a 52 the back 9. so frustrating that i can get stretches of good play and still top the ball on the fairways and hit a few sh@nk$ off the tee. def not complaining about a 95 on a pair 71 course.

Nice shooting!!!

That would be my best day ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Ah, the inconsistency that truly grates on the psyche. Know it well.

A few pics as promised from the weekend.

1st tee.
U76TjlJ.jpg

The other two in the final three ball
J3bPMcB.jpg

5th tee
wousLWs.jpg

14th tee looking across the course back at the 9th green
AlON1xb.jpg

Thanks for posting these. i was beginning to forget what blue sky and sunshine looked like.

Thanks for posting these. i was beginning to forget what blue sky and sunshine looked like.

To give you an idea of the heights involved, in the picture of the 14th tee, you see the ground looking a bit like "steps" along the horizon line, about an inch from the right edge? That is the 5th tee from picture 3, and we're driving straight over that drop. :good:

Good morning everyone. Nice sunny skys here in KS today, just a teaser for the weekend floods coming again. Going to try and get 18 in after work tonight.

Rains are supposed to hit here too, through the weekend. A week before our first show, it’s a shop weekend putting varnish on the Shoji Screen Box and finishing the build on a humidor one-off. I hope to play early on the 24th, before we go set up for the show.

771ddde8f300a5e4337405e9979538c8.jpg

953dc21fa6c530105accbcc947951568.jpg

8c12f0c520a4c2c5cdc224e7bf82b759.jpg

6fd613db2797a003f1aa74778a4aeac5.jpg

To give you an idea of the heights involved, in the picture of the 14th tee, you see the ground looking a bit like "steps" along the horizon line, about an inch from the right edge? That is the 5th tee from picture 3, and we're driving straight over that drop. :good:

And you walk this? Dear God, man.

Yeah, baby. :good:

#mountaingoat

Rains are supposed to hit here too, through the weekend. A week before our first show, it’s a shop weekend putting varnish on the Shoji Screen Box and finishing the build on a humidor one-off. I hope to play early on the 24th, before we go set up for the show.

771ddde8f300a5e4337405e9979538c8.jpg

953dc21fa6c530105accbcc947951568.jpg

8c12f0c520a4c2c5cdc224e7bf82b759.jpg

6fd613db2797a003f1aa74778a4aeac5.jpg

So, that's a small-ish pice, form looking at the tools next to it. What is it's intended use?

And you walk this? Dear God, man.

Walking is more common over here than riding - I have only ever used a cart once over here and twice in Jamaica

More like
#massivemyocardialinfarction

The green for this hole is directly above the bloke in blue standing between the twin bunkers and the path in the distance, and just before you get to the sea.

And that was the hole where last year, my bag and trolley got blown uphill by the insane winds and rain. Quite different conditions this year...

Walking is more common over here than riding - I have only ever used a cart once over here and twice in Jamaica

That made me sad in my feelz.

So, that's a small-ish pice, form looking at the tools next to it. What is it's intended use?

Jewelry box. It stands 15” tall. Six drawers behind the screens and a full length tray under the hinged top.

4879eeef15675a8b40fdd3e7f98f07b2.jpg

The green for this hole is directly above the bloke in blue standing between the twin bunkers and the path in the distance, and just before you get to the sea.

And that was the hole where last year, my bag and trolley got blown uphill by the insane winds and rain. Quite different conditions this year...

Right before the twin bunkers is where they would find my half-eaten carcass.

I'm still watching a lot of golf Sidekick's videos. Really dig his approach to the game for high cappers. I used his chipping philosophy last weekend and it worked pretty well. I'ts a bump 'n run versus my usual preference of a mishit lob shot.

How long is that hole? Just going off the perspective in the picture, I am guessing it is a decent length par 5?

Tee shot line right of the 2 bunkers, then turn slightly left towards the green?

How long is that hole? Just going off the perspective in the picture, I am guessing it is a decent length par 5?

Tee shot line right of the 2 bunkers, then turn slightly left towards the green?

Yep, aim to the right of the half-eaten carcass of the fat American.

I'm still watching a lot of golf Sidekick's videos. Really dig his approach to the game for high cappers. I used his chipping philosophy last weekend and it worked pretty well. I'ts a bump 'n run versus my usual preference of a mishit lob shot.

Bump and run is good most times, the trick is controlling the distance. You have to decide which situation you are in. With your mad skills, going for the pin every time it doesn't matter much. :D

445 yard par 4, Index 1.

That's exactly the line, correct.

Thanks to my best drive of the weekend on Saturday, I was greenside with 3w, 5h. Green is 2 tiered, back tier lower than front. Chip and 2 putts for a net birdie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back