Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
6aa7d071e6f4f082c1db5b7c24cb52a4.jpg

d64445aa4b852875648dd3256b97da81.jpg

1046992aa3d3dcec10affbc12af1dd2c.jpg

That’s all my golf content - Megan, Tommy, Shane, and basilisk driver cover. Beginning work on the kraken driver cover now - I’m on a monster roll with monster driver covers...

That’s all my golf content - Megan, Tommy, Shane, and basilisk driver cover. Beginning work on the kraken driver cover now - I’m on a monster roll with monster driver covers...

Those are awesome!!!!

Well, I got good news and potentially bad news today.

Good: based on an X-ray, the orthopaedist’s exam and my documented history since Sunday, he conclusively ruled out a grain sprain/pull/tear. The protocol used to treat this was doing little/nothing. He dropped the muscle relaxants and added norco.

Bad: he wants to rule out an infection, so if that’s the case, they can get ahead of it. Hopefully that is all it is (compared to the next paragraph). He’s not optimistic that it is the only reason, but good to nip in the bud. Then there’s...

Really Bad: while the X-ray showed that the prosthetic hip was accurately in place, since it’s 17 yrs old. 8K steps daily, golf with pushcart over varied terrain, can shorten a joint’s life. My joints are Smith + Nephew, designed by my surgeon with titanium/ceramic parts. (He also worked with companies to retool their failed, litigious products). Unfortunately, he retired a few years ago.

If this is the case, it’s back to the body shop for a full replacement, which will pretty much shoot down the rest of the outdoor activity season, plus potentially more since it’s an a enlarged flange rebuild.

Ain’t life grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good: based on an X-ray, the orthopaedist’s exam and my documented history since Sunday, he conclusively ruled out a grain sprain/pull/tear. The protocol used to treat this was doing little/nothing. He dropped the muscle relaxants and added norco.

Bad: he wants to rule out an infection, so if that’s the case, they can get ahead of it. Hopefully that is all it is (compared to the next paragraph). He’s not optimistic that it is the only reason, but good to nip in the bud. Then there’s...

Really Bad: while the X-ray showed that the prosthetic hip was accurately in place, since it’s 17 yrs old. 8K steps daily, golf with pushcart over varied terrain, can shorten a joint’s life. My joints are Smith + Nephew, designed by my surgeon with titanium/ceramic parts. (He also worked with companies to retool their failed, litigious products). Unfortunately, he retired a few years ago.

If this is the case, it’s back to the body shop for a full replacement, which will pretty much shoot down the rest of the outdoor activity season, plus potentially more since it’s an a enlarged flange rebuild.

Ain’t life grand.

Damn!!!! Sorry to hear that but will be thinking about you.

Dawg, making sure to pray that you don't require another replacement. Best wishes your way dude

Ain’t life grand.

Obviously, I’m hoping that all goes best. Try to stay positive. We’re all pulling for you.

Obviously, I’m hoping that all goes best. Try to stay positive. We’re all pulling for you.

Thank you.

Dawg, making sure to pray that you don't require another replacement. Best wishes your way dude

Not my optimal outcome, but maybe I’ll gain 15+ yds on my shots next year!

Amen brother. In many ways I am at peace with it. Get it figured out, fixed and move on to 2020! As Jimmy Buffett says “tragedies better become comedies, or we’re all in trouble!

#hipunderpar

Dawg - I'm sending good karma rays your way. Hang in there.

Hang in there Dawg.

Those are very cool :alien2:

There's a short Par 3 on my home course that has a narrow fairway, water on the right and woods on the left. I've tried various clubs off the tee and never gotten it right. Tonight on the range I worked with different clubs to find out what might work to get on or near the green from the tee. It took about an hour of multiple clubs with full and partial swings to finally find the club - my 6 hybrid. Going to play Saturday and my confidence is high that I can make that shot. wish me luck.

There's a short Par 3 on my home course that has a narrow fairway, water on the right and woods on the left. I've tried various clubs off the tee and never gotten it right. Tonight on the range I worked with different clubs to find out what might work to get on or near the green from the tee. It took about an hour of multiple clubs with full and partial swings to finally find the club - my 6 hybrid. Going to play Saturday and my confidence is high that I can make that shot. wish me luck.

You got this!

Ain’t life grand.

All the very best with this, GD :good:

You'll be back to just chasing the ball before you know it.

No luck required Maric. You'll stroll it :good:

Good morning/afternoon everyone!!! Last day of work for me this week. Off Friday for another lesson and round of golf.

Off to Germany on saturday morning for the honeymoon. Should be a good one driving around one of my favourite parts of the world. Then starting a new job the week after I get back BUSY BUSY

Good morning/afternoon everyone!!! Last day of work for me this week. Off Friday for another lesson and round of golf.

Same here, day off tomorrow for 27 holes of golf

Off to Germany on saturday morning for the honeymoon. Should be a good one driving around one of my favourite parts of the world. Then starting a new job the week after I get back BUSY BUSY

Enjoy, and good luck with the new job

All the very best with this, GD :good:

You'll be back to just chasing the ball before you know it.

That’s the plan! Time will tell...

Amen brother. In many ways I am at peace with it. Get it figured out, fixed and move on to 2020! As Jimmy Buffett says “tragedies better become comedies, or we’re all in trouble!

#hipunderpar

LOL. All you have is a response to a situation. Make it a good one. And booze. Always booze.

How short? Might you be safer to play it as a par 4? (You didn't note that it was a notorious stroke-adding black hole or not.). Wedge/wedge/putt/putt could be the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back