Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the hospital tonight. After I have my hip joint aspirated in the morning, I will either have surgery within 2 weeks or 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THey aren't wasting any time at least.

THey aren't wasting any time at least.

With an infection already festering, it’s not a long road to an even more detrimental issue.

The joint is worn out. If the infection/metal fragments are bad enough in the extracted fluid, clean it out medicate it and put in a new joint.

Good luck! Is this another replacement surgery?

1st Replacement for the 17-yr old right joint. I’m hard on my toys.

yikes hope you get back out there soon. Good luck

Q1/20 at the absolute earliest - if the pelvis and femur haven’t been compromised. Time will tell...

fingers and toes crossed that this fixes all the issues

In the hospital tonight. After I have my hip joint aspirated in the morning, I will either have surgery within 2 weeks or 24 hours.

I’m voting for the two week window. Sounds less bad.

Either way, wishing speedy recovery.

All the very best wishes, Dawg :good:

fingers and toes crossed that this fixes all the issues

Thanks. It will. The prosthetic joint is worn out and caused an strengthening infection, along with metal fragments. Last night MRI showed a prominent level of fluid in the joint. It shouldn’t be there and has made the last five days exceptionally painful, fever-ridden and exhausting.

More than likely, I will end today with a new, infection/debris free. It’s very likely that a new right hip joint could improve my turning radius on my back swing and follow through

I’m voting for the two week window. Sounds less bad.

Appreciate the thought, but the potential of sepsis in an already infected joint is definitely more bad.

I will shoot for B100 2020. 2019 is officially off for me

Thanks. It will. The prosthetic joint is worn out and caused an strengthening infection, along with metal fragments. Last night MRI showed a prominent level of fluid in the joint. It shouldn’t be there and has made the last five days exceptionally painful, fever-ridden and exhausting.

More than likely, I will end today with a new, infection/debris free. It’s very likely that a new right hip joint could improve my turning radius on my back swing and follow through

Good news GD! Let us know in a day or two how you’re doing. I hope the pain recedes quickly and there is little risk of continuing infection!

If you guys need anything, holla - I’m 3 hours away!

With an infection already festering, it’s not a long road to an even more detrimental issue.

The joint is worn out. If the infection/metal fragments are bad enough in the extracted fluid, clean it out medicate it and put in a new joint.

Ouch. Sounds rough. here's hoping it gets resolved quickly and you heal easily. Good luck!

Whoa, big fella! How about we concentrate on getting you completely healed before we start thinking about turning radii?

#healingoverpar

Magnificent piece of silver lining-ism there :good:

Okay. The world has spun 180* now. They super painkiller-ed me up to determine whether joint is a problem. I can now lift my knee to my chest by myself and doctor swung my leg like a cautious joystick - so, no new joint needed - now.

The fluid was in the bursae around the hip, which will be drained and analyzed for type of infection. THEN they will start IV antibiotics to zap it.

Whoa, big fella! How about we concentrate on getting you completely healed before we start thinking about turning radii?

#healingoverpar

I was trying to make others happy with “golf chat,” but could be a bonus outcome if I need a new joint someday (no longer today)

Okay. The world has spun 180* now. They super painkiller-ed me up to determine whether joint is a problem. I can now lift my knee to my chest by myself and doctor swung my leg like a cautious joystick - so, no new joint needed - now.

The fluid was in the bursae around the hip, which will be drained and analyzed for type of infection. THEN they will start IV antibiotics to zap it.
I saw Cautious Joystick supporting the Groundhogs at the Hammersmith Odeon :good:

I saw Cautious Joystick supporting the Groundhogs at the Hammersmith Odeon :good:

They were really good before they changed guitarists

Cautious Joystick is what I call.....never mind.

All geared up for the weekend golf. Feeling kind of weird about it, because I had a dream last night that I was playing and was just terrible. I dream about golf a lot, but I’m always seeming to be separated from my foursome, and trying to find them. I walk around the course a lot looking to catch up. It’s usually caused by forgetting my club(s), or a wayward shot. It’s a pretty consistent theme. Never told anyone about those dreams before.

All geared up for the weekend golf. Feeling kind of weird about it, because I had a memory last night that I was playing and was just terrible. I remember about golf a lot, but I’m always seeming to be separated from my foursome, and trying to find them. I walk around the course a lot looking to catch up. It’s usually caused by forgetting my club(s), or a wayward shot. It’s a pretty consistent theme. Never told anyone about those memories before.

Fixt :good:

Appreciate the thought, but the potential of sepsis in an already infected joint is definitely more bad.

I will shoot for B100 2020. 2019 is officially off for me

Don't worry,I broke 100 today for you :D

Good round today: 47/52 for a 99. First time I broke 100. 2 pars, 9 bogeys, 4 doubles and 3 tripple or worse. Driver was golden, so was 4h. Irons were so-so, but managed to hit few 100-150yd approaches for GIR. The putter was the highlight again, it's just so easy to aim and shoot by feeling it. Whole round was so tension-free. At the turn I noticed that I have started to exhaust, which normally leads to not using lower body at all in the swing. On back nine I concentrated on using my hips to turn and getting power from the legs. And it paid of, arms and upper body relaxed as they did not need to build so much power. So, good game, good shots and some revelations as well.

On a poison ivy timeout:angry: Not an extensive rash but strategically anti-golf. On the front of the right shoulder, on right bicep perfectly aligned with where a short sleeve would end, on webbing between thumb and index finger, on knuckle of ring finger. Add in left hand little finger and a couple spots on legs to complete the irritation map! All from cleaning out my tiny condo garden. I’m going nuclear on it, I think. I’m calling in the Round-up for conversion to rock garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back