Equipment Sponsorship

M2Giles

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish
Enter the realm of your imagination.

If you could set up an equipment sponsorship (that is still a relatively realistic one) what would it be?

Would you be a 14 club guy and ball all with one company a la Callaway, titleist, and taylormade, would you do multiple smaller deals, or would be a free agent?

I think if I was good enough to get a deal, I would find what works best for my game and then try to get endorsements. There almost certainly would be multiple companies involved.

If I had to pick one for everything, probably Callaway. Or TaylorMade. Or Bridgestone. Lol. I dunno, that’d be tough (as evidenced by with WITB currently (for now I have a Titleist 52* and a TaylorMade 56*). I currently have Cobra (2 slots), Callaway (4 slots), Nike (5 slots), Titleist (2 slots), TaylorMade (1 slot), and I fell in love with Bridgestone TourB RX so that’s my current ball of choice. If I’m waking I use a Maxfli Carry Bag, if I’m riding I use a TEE Cart Bag.

So I pretty much have the ultimate mongrel bag, hell I don’t even use the same iron set, using Epics for long irons and Vapor Speeds for short irons.

If we are talking as a tour pro, I’d go with whoever offered the best deal.

As an amateur, I don’t really have a preference. I could find clubs that work well from every major OEM. I like stuff from all of them.

Ben Hogan for clubs, Bridgestone for balls. Currently know nothing about the upcoming Hogan driver and FWs but I am already committed to being all in on them.

I never thought I’d be a one OEM guy but i would go Callaway for clubs and ball, and Travis Mathews for scripting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In motocross/woods racing racing it is pretty simple for resourceful amateurs to get support in the form of product discounts 30-50%, in return for representation at the races, etc. I only wish the same were true of golf!

My dream world I'd have Cobra, Srixon, and Callaway in the mix. I could probably be happy with 10-11 club deal for iron/wedges and round out the bag with a couple select picks like putter or wood(s)s/hybrid(s)from non-sponsor OEM if needed needed. Callaway has a strong putter offerings with Toulon and Odyssey that could go in the bag.

Would be tough to go against the entire callaway line with ogio and travis matthew.

Cobra/Puma, find their shoes fit me the best and they're the ones doing one length clubs which I am a fan of.

Free agent with an apparel deal.

I’m pretty firmly in the Callaway clubs/ball, Travis Mathew camp.

I’d have to go Callaway for Woods, Srixon for irons, Cleveland for wedges and Odyssey for my putter.

callaway top to bottom. i know what people are going to say, i’m a homer because of the grandaddy. but their lineup is so comprehensive too to bottom, and their culture is excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like the idea of starting as a free agent with an apparel deal, and then potentially moving to one company if they had clubs that fully fit me top to bottom at the highest level

Wilson for clubs and swag for putter

Callaway/Odyssey top to bottom.

In all honesty, whoever pays me the most money. If the pay were equal, I'd take an Under Armour clothing deal and try to make myself the face of Ping (watch out, Bubba).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

how can it be realistic if its not real? Just sayin.

But I'd be ok with being sponsored by any company that gives me the money. I really wouldn't care as long as it wasn't something against my beliefs and morals. Froot of the loom underwear would be fine if that's who wanted to pay me.

I'd go for an apparel deal and probably stay free agent on clubs. I'm not sure if I could do a 14 club deal. Although money talks.

Cobra/Puma and I would play One Length. They have a great line of clothing and shoes.
They don't have Putters or balls so it would have to be more than 1 company involved.

If the money was equal I’d go Srixon/Cleveland for my clubs and Odyssey for my putter.

I would go Callaway for clubs because I think I could switch from Hot Metal irons to Apex 19 irons easier than I could switch from Callaway woods to Mizuno woods. If possible I would go for a Titleist ball deal and wear Footjoy/Titleist apparal.

I would have to say free agent with clothing deal.....

But with that free agency I would more than likely have mostly "smaller" oems in the bag.

Woods: Whatever I hit best
Irons: Wilson or Artisian
Wedges: Artisian/Callaway
Putter: Whatever botique person who would make me a badass damascus putter
Ball: Taylormade/Wilson/Callaway dependent on testing

My clothing deal would have to be either Travis matthew/Ralph Lauren
Shoes: Nike/Puma

I’d take a clothing and shoe deal over a club deal.

Total free agent unless I really needed the money. If I did choose to go with an OEM and money wasn't an issue, it would be Cobra or a smaller company like Tour Edge or Ben Hogan.

Back