To twirl or not to twirl, that is the question.

If I twirl, I'd have to punch myself in the face.

Haha excellent thread.

I'll throw 1-2 twirls a round, usually just with irons or wedges. Can't quite twirl it well with driver, let that one slide usually.

More often than not I'll just jerk the club one way or the other asking for it to move the way I want it to.

We call that "the symphonic conductor".

I don't twirl the club very often post-shot, but am more likely to do so standing behind the ball getting my line before I address it.

I mix it up between twirling and holstering. Never really think about it when I do it, it just happens

Drop slide after a good shot. If it's curving too much, there's the body lean in the opposite direction.

... No twirl but I do what my 28 yr old son calls a "dork walk". From playing QB thru college when I threw a good pass I would take a couple steps back. Evidently I do the same thing when I hit a good iron shot that tracks the flag and take a few steps back and I'll hear "Dork Walk!" Completely unaware of doing it.

I honestly have no idea what I do.

Never on the course. Sometimes on the range.

I feel like if you’re not club twirling on well struck shorts, why are you even golfing?

I don't twirl unless my playing partner is mouthy and I'm staring to pull away or hit an almost perfect shot. It's much more of an "in your face" gesture when I do it hahaha

I fell like twirling is just rubbing it in. I just say "Thanks" when someone says "nice shot"...but i'm a little older

I twirl a lot. I know I do. But I don’t think about it or do it on purpose. But I notice myself doing it sometimes. Been playing golf so long it’s a reflex, like something I’m not sure I can actually do on command when thinking about it. Right now I’m sitting here thinking about it and I can’t recall exactly how to do it. I might have to hit a shot and let it happen while sort of paying attention in the back of my mind to figure out how I do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I could remember after a well hit shot, but my mind gets lost in watching the ball just fly exactly where I wanted it to go for once! I'm more likely to raise the putter on a long putt about to drop!

Back