How much do you pay for lessons?

robrandalgz

2023 Budget Championship #CanyonCowboys
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I found someone other than the guy I can't stand to get lessons from. I gave her a call today and left a message. She got back to me to schedule a lesson and set me up for Saturday morning. Before I got off the phone I asked her what her rates were and she said $100.00 and hour! WTF? Seriously? Am I out of my mind for thinking that is a little over the top? Come at me bros (and sistahs).

I usually do 30 minute lessons for about 45 bucks. Seems in line, but I think an hour is long for a lesson.

That sounds very reasonable and what my instructor charges for single lessons. Multiple lessons paid up front gets a pretty nice discount.

Well, I feel a LITTLE better now. Thanks guys.

That's pretty normal for around here, at least. Especially if you're just paying for a single lesson.

I pay $50 for a half hour and $90 for an hour

That's pretty normal for around here, at least. Especially if you're just paying for a single lesson.

Yeah, that's the case. I asked her about packages and I saved $10.00/ hour if I booked a package of 4. She asked me what I'm really trying to accomplish and I told her that I actually shot s decent (for me) round a few weeks ago (88) and that it's all gone downhill ever since. I tld her my mis and that I really wasn't looking to do a swing overhaul but that I think I've got some things going on, fundamentally (i.e. grip, stance, alignment) that are leading to a push that I can't seem to rid myself of with any club and that when I try to correct, I overcompensate and pull hook. She suggested to me to NOT purchase any lesson package just yet and see what we can work on this weekend before we commit to any type of packages. She said my cure could be something very simple. I appreciated the fact that she wasn't trying to hard sell me on $400.00 worth of lessons sight unseen, so at least we're off to a good start.

I'm paying $70 right now. The head pro is $150 I believe, but since I'm essentially starting from scratch I took the lowest guy on the totem pole.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

$40 and hour.

I pay $45 an hour or $20 for a half hour. I've been going to the same guy for a long time.

Pretty normal rate for an established pro---and like others have said---usually a discount for packages.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I will be paying $40 an hour soon. That is for an assistant pro. Do you guys tip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local instructor has it on groupon 3 45 min lessons on flightscope for $105

Have yet to get the lessons, maybe will for the upcoming bday

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Living here in golf country we have a plethora of instructors - Course pros charge between 50 and 65 per hour at the mid range courses. PGASS often has sales on their lessons making them about 50 per hour. Also a few of the courses here offer clinics with a limit of 4 people for 25 per hour

I would walk away from $100 an hour, but that's because I'm cheap on those types of things. I think my max would be $80/hr. I found a guy for $60/hr. and booked a lesson recently. I was stoked. Went to the lesson, hit a bunch of balls, and then he said "everything looks pretty good." :bulgy-eyes: Then why am I not shooting in the 70s?? Maybe you get what you pay for.

My current teacher charges $125 an hour is is booked out 4 to 6 weeks. He has two other instructors that work with that are $80 an hour both of them are a little easier to get into see. $100 an hour is reasonable from my experience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I prepay $250 for a set of 5, they are supposed to be 30 minutes but usually end up being closer to an hour. Rates are going up though, new rate will be though to 300 for a set of 5.

Your rate is pretty standard around here, most are at least $40/half hour if not $60 and are about $100 for the hour give or a take a few bucks.

My pro is $75 an hour or set of 5 for $250.

That is in line with what I can expect from instructors around here

How much do you pay for lessons?

The pro I will go to, whenever I give up the whole “I’ll fix it myself” thing, is $159/hour.

Will probably wait until the off season to go, though.

Last edited:
seems about right to me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With our head pro it's $75 for an hour, $45 for a half hour and $95 for a playing lesson.

My last lesson was $50 for an hour.

Typical rates here are ~ $75 per hour.

I appreciate all the replies, everyone. Looks like I'll be $100.00 lighter in the wallet this week but, hopefully, on a path to fix something that I KNOW is simple but impossible for me to self diagnose. It's time for a professional set of eyes.

Local instructor has it on groupon 3 45 min lessons on flightscope for $105

Have yet to get the lessons, maybe will for the upcoming bday

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Groupon is surprisingly awesome for finding a good instructor and to save a few dollars. Most are just trying to get more students and are decent instructors. I think I paid $185 for 3 1-hour lessons with flightscope initially for my instructor. Ultimately I guess my instructor wins cause now I pay the regular $100/hr rate cause I like what he’s done for my swing.

Back