The Passion for the Game

I'll be 52 in November. I've had 9 lumbar disk herniations and yet I can heal up and still play a sport that gets my juices flowing every bit as much as football once did. Sure can't play football.

I'm so incredibly thankful for this game as it satisfies so much within me. Be it competition, challenge, social engagement, you name it.

It's like an everything sport because it's infused with life itself. Its lessons, trials and source for an escape.

Need it.

I'm 71, have played for 55+ years, and still enjoy a round of golf. I may have been more passionate when I was younger, but even now I get a restless night's sleep looking forward to a round of golf the next morning.

The feeling and the full experience of a well struck golf shot is what I'm most passionate about. Well, that and the constant pursuit of replicating those moments.

It is hard, and easy. Or it is so hard you have to make it easy... I dunno.

Golf has so many different parts that can be enjoyed. Just being outside is a welcome start. It can be a social gathering or escape. As a kid carts! As an older kid carts! Walking too! The rhythm of walking with your bag, or the managing of a pull cart. I enjoy it all. I'm always thinking about equipment, trying things, and like golf conversations. All the different components that create the golfing experience play a part, and in my opinion, all go into those well struck shots.

Back