Favorite compliment received on the golf course

I used to be a member of the course (Reunion) across the road from the course (Annandale) that hosted the Mississippi PGA tour event. Fred Funk came over to use our practice facility several times. Once, he started hitting balls a few spots down from me. I got a nice pass and a you strike it well from him.

I play mostly as a single and get paired with all groups of people. On contrary to what enough people here might think of me via our conversations and debates, or whomever is left that still listens to what i post, I very often receive sincere compliments on how fun or nice or good it was playing with me. And or imply that it was great company. Along with a lot of sincere "Hope we catch you again soon" and even at times been offered phone numbers or asked for mine both for the purpose of meeting up again for a possible round. I mean even when playing badly and frustrated and angry i still like to laugh and always have a way of making strangers feel comfortable and friendly as long as they themselves are good company. I also can see people at the course I played with before and they will come over remembering me and ask if Im a single and do i want do join them. Or they may find out my single tee time or via the list Im with them and say oh thats good, great to have you again. Can be on the practice green and at times someone may get my attention and ask what time I got and usually being a single I say "just waiting" and they say "me too, hopefully we get to go together".

Im not bragging but I actually take pride in that.

And Im one to always complain of society to the people in my circle of life. Im always saying how i hate people and often dont enjoy going places anymore cause society has lost so much imo common courtesies and respect and etiquettes. And that really bums me out. And i say that often but at the same time I love being around good people. I often tell people I played with (if they were good people and most are) after the round how I really appreciate playing so much more when in good company. It makes the golf (good or bad play) just more enjoyable overall.

I play mostly as a single and get paired with all groups of people. On contrary to what enough people here might think of me via our conversations and debates, or whomever is left that still listens to what i post, I very often receive sincere compliments on how fun or nice or good it was playing with me. And or imply that it was great company. Along with a lot of sincere "Hope we catch you again soon" and even at times been offered phone numbers or asked for mine both for the purpose of meeting up again for a possible round. I mean even when playing badly and frustrated and angry i still like to laugh and always have a way of making strangers feel comfortable and friendly as long as they themselves are good company. I also can see people at the course I played with before and they will come over remembering me and ask if Im a single and do i want do join them. Or they may find out my single tee time or via the list Im with them and say oh thats good, great to have you again. Can be on the practice green and at times someone may get my attention and ask what time I got and usually being a single I say "just waiting" and they say "me too, hopefully we get to go together".

Im not bragging but I actually take pride in that.

\.

I actually appreciate people like then when matched with them and try to be the same. like you I take pride in people enjoying a round I am in. I have had people take several of my lines and ask if they could use them so that is a bonus

When people reach out to text me about playing golf next time.

It's humbling.

I played with a bald guy in robes on time and he told me:

Gunga galunga… gunga, gunga-lagunga.

So I got that going for me.

But really, two come to mind. At the end of last year's league, several of my playing partners made note of how much I improved. "You will be real good" "You are better than half the field already" and such. Felt really rewarding.

A couple weeks ago, playing with guys form work "How is it a guy who has been playing a year is the only one here who can hop and stop just about every time?" followed by "And he is beating everyone almost every week"

I've been told more than a few times from golfers that they enjoy playing golf with me. I'm usually pretty quiet, encouraging, play quickly, play decent, and rarely show any bad emotions on the course. I think how you act on the course says more about you than any golf skill you possess.

I was once told I look like "Jordan Spieth with Tourette's"

I beamed with pride after that one lol.

"you look like you should be good at golf...."

If you stop the sentence there it is a compliment.

Your swing is pretty solid and smooth......for a big guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been told more than a few times from golfers that they enjoy playing golf with me. I'm usually pretty quiet, encouraging, play quickly, play decent, and rarely show any bad emotions on the course. I think how you act on the course says more about you than any golf skill you possess.

Absolutely agree with this. I have had the same experience in my few times out here recently. I am same way as well, just easy going and just enjoying my time out on the course.

Favorite compliment received on the golf course

It wasn’t on the course but at the range. I stopped one evening after work so I was in work boots and jeans and was having a pretty good session. In walks the PGA pro wannabe and his smoking hot girlfriend. He gives me a funny look, like I shouldn’t be allowed there because I didn’t look the part. He gets the mat right beside me and takes the plastic off his new driver and proceeds to put a nice sky mark on it. The next 10 minutes were nothing but the sound of a club hitting the mat, the ball going about 20 yards dead right, and him cussing. Then out of the blue I hear his girlfriend say why don’t you ask that guy how to hit the ball, he seems to know what he’s doing.

Today - You know, when your game is on, you get more pars than bogies. (I have trouble breaking 90)

Man that's some hair. Very true story more than once.

Played a resort course over the weekend and was paired up with a slightly older couple. The course was the shorter of the 6 courses at the resort so I was playing from the tips, about 6300 yards. The husband was playing the whites and the wife was playing the reds. The wife was hitting out further than the husband and was decent. I was hitting pretty well so she was almost out with me on most holes. After six or seven holes, she says, “I hope we’re not slowing you down”. They were a fun couple and along with playing well, I was enjoying the round. As we were heading up 17, I said, “it was a fun round”. She says, “i’ve never played with someone as long as you. You were very considerate and patient.” I chuckled at how it would have sounded if we weren’t playing golf. She turned beet red and was just smiling the rest of the way.

Played a match paired with a +2 against 2 other players I got 2 strokes a side somehow. We halved the match & all 3 said “ain’t no quit in you. We had to play harder than we wanted to.”

On the days I'm hitting driver well...I'm a pretty good driver.

18th hole on my home course has a 270 carry from the blues, and I sent my tee shot over. The older gentlemen I was playing with all day said "I hit a drive like that once, and then I woke up."

One of my crowning golf achievements.

Got paired up with a threesome one time and had a nice round. One of the guys gave me about a 4 footer on the 12th green. I said really, that's outside the handle? He said yep; we've seen you putt. Pick it up. Felt nice to hear.

My buddy when he was learning and I, at that time in my life played a lot, said to me "your swing is so easy and smooth, it's like a hot knife going through butter". Too bad I suck now after getting married, buying a house and having a kid. Now my swing is like a jackhammer going through reinforced concrete. LOL

"The event you just put on, was the single greatest weekend of my life"

"The event you just put on, was the single greatest weekend of my life"

You probably hear that every day! If not you should !

From a college buddy I only see and play a round with once each year: "You don't suck as much as you used to"

My buddy when he was learning and I, at that time in my life played a lot, said to me "your swing is so easy and smooth, it's like a hot knife going through butter". Too bad I suck now after getting married, buying a house and having a kid. Now my swing is like a jackhammer going through reinforced concrete. LOL

love the jackhammer comparison. I recently compared my old chipping style to a steam powered jackhammer...I am sure it is good for something in my life, I just have not figured out what yet

Back