Pet peeve on the course

well, Im ready to go like I should be and if it doesn't bother me and not in my way, why should I have to wait for him to walk and go get it nd mark it and walk back out of the way? Its just silly imo. Imo too many unnecessary antics on greens as it is. I don't do it to be a wise guy orude. But Im ready and so why not putt? And if I miss? you know what? Im finishing out. Then while he replaces his ball, puts his marker away, goes and pulls the pin, looks from both sides. gets hos line because he didn't do it while I was putting, picks up 2 pieces of ant droppings, aligns his ball line, farts, burps, and clears his throat, putts again and misses,etc then has to replace the pin Im on the next tee box ready to go :alien:

I wasn’t criticizing it. Just the visual of it (what you pretty much typed) struck me as funny.

Playing like that isn’t my cup of tea and that’s okay. I have friends who rarely let one player’s putt stop before theirs is rolling.

I get irritated with bunkers not being rakes, and divots not being replaced, but one that REALLY gets me mad is when someone misses a putt then swipes the green with his putter in anger leaving a big gouge in the green.

You're a golfer, good enough to hit a shot that lands on the green and leave a ball mark, yet you finish the hole and don't repair it - i'm sorry but you're a jackass.

Likewise for the golfer that hits into a bunker and then leaves the bunker unraked after he plays his next shot out of it - again, major jackass.

Neither of these people should be allowed on the course.

Nothing really bothers me while i'm out golfing. I'm with friends, having a few laughs and playing the game I love. Life is good.

Timber!! Dropping the flagstick on the green from full height. Just irritating. The others are a pain but the individuals are gone so getting upset serves no purpose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Timber!! Dropping the flagstick on the green from full height. Just irritating. The others are a pain but the individuals are gone so getting upset serves no purpose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im actually beginning to get annoyed with those still insisting on pulling it to begin with..lol another subject:alien:

I wasn’t criticizing it. Just the visual of it (what you pretty much typed) struck me as funny.

Playing like that isn’t my cup of tea and that’s okay. I have friends who rarely let one player’s putt stop before theirs is rolling.

nah...didn't take it that way at all. I also been known to putt while another is still rolling. Honestly though some the looks I can get when I do putt before the pick up guy walks to get his missed one. But hey , it has nothing to do with his play so Im like.....get over it" and you can go pick up and do all your unnecessary antics in just about 3 seconds instead of stopping me for another 15 seconds. lol. if they take offense to it they can decide to finish out like they should do and then I gladly wont putt.

There is a guy in my group that is a decent golfer but he’s constantly giving instructions to everyone. He’s analyzing everyone’s swing and putting stoke. We both shot 78 the last time we played. But come on man...you’re not Butch Harmon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a guy in my group that is a decent golfer but he’s constantly giving instructions to everyone. He’s analyzing everyone’s swing and putting stoke. We both shot 78 the last time we played. But come on man...you’re not Butch Harmon

"Thanks but uhh I don't need your advice."

Simple

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Playing behind J.B. Holmes.

#1 Unraked bunkers
#2 Cigarette and Cigar butts
#3 Sunflower seed shells on the green

1. spitting - rollin, 2019

2. slow play - me...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

None of them really bother me but if I had pet peeves, it would be people not fixing ball marks and playing multiple balls. IMO, unless you paid your greens fees 3 times, you dont get to play 3 balls.
What if they're all within the RoG?

Big heavy players balancing on front half of one foot, depressing the earth/grass around the cup... getting their ball, but need two attempts to do it.

Big heavy players balancing on front half of one foot, depressing the earth/grass around the cup... getting their ball, but need two attempts to do it.

Just say “fat people stepping on the hole”

Am I allowed to say that my biggest pet peeve is a group of senior women that I alway wind up behind? They are slow as hell, and think the own the place. When you are in the clubhouse near them they are always complaining to the pros about something or someone.

Still annoying.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
You'd rather them not play provisional balls, then make the walk of shame?

New rules no need for walk of shame

None of them really bother me but if I had pet peeves, it would be people not fixing ball marks and playing multiple balls. IMO, unless you paid your greens fees 3 times, you dont get to play 3 balls.

what about paying per pushcart wheel? come on, a 4 wheel is double the damage compared to a 2 wheel

oh and pay per stroke, incentivize less shots which would speed up play

ball washer? $2 per pump

practice swings? not without a separate greens fee pal

:alien:

We're not talking about playing a provisional. We're talking about playing 3 separate balls for the entire round.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

what about paying per pushcart wheel? come on, a 4 wheel is double the damage compared to a 2 wheel

oh and pay per stroke, incentivize less shots which would speed up play

ball washer? $2 per pump

practice swings? not without a separate greens fee pal

:alien:

Pushcart fee would need to be divided by square inch total of wheels surface touching the grass.

Greens that resemble the moon because fixing ball marks is so difficult for many people .

This by far drives me nuts. If you can’t bend over to fix your ball mark you shouldn’t be playing.

This has driven me nuts my entire life, but I play with some older guys now and one of them said something about a week ago that changed my perspective just a bit. I made a comment about it, and one of the guys said something to the effect of 'some of these older guys just can't see them'. He meant guys older than him, and he's around 70. I thought about it, and most of the ones I fix do tend to be a lot slighter than mine. Indented, but not torn, and after some thought, harder to see especially if you're old. So I fix the ones I see, try not to get annoyed by it, and hope to be one of the blind old bastards still hacking away in my 80's.

Loud music on the course. Unraked bunkers. Loud talking golfers. Guys that move while you are trying to play a shot. Golfers that shake the change in their pockets while you are putting. Slow players especially those that have unnecessary/long pre shot routines. Golfers that like to give you swing advice during a round. Fag ends and sunflower seeds on the greens and tee boxes. Uncontrolled dogs on the course (and their feces that is left accordingly).

To name a few.

Back