Pet peeve on the course

"Thanks but uhh I don't need your advice."

Simple

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's the grownup approach.

More fun is to give gibberish advice back. Like saying that exhaling instead of inhaling on the backswing can increase clubhead speed. Or ask them how much pressure they put on their lower thumb when putting. Just anything specific and odd just so they think about it even if they know it is nonsense. Ask them when exactly they cock their wrists and that you read on the internet that it should be slower/sooner than what they say.

New rules no need for walk of shame
Only if the course has adopted that local rule, right? Also, isn't that just for O/B or does it cover balls lost through the green?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Loud music on the course. Unraked bunkers. Loud talking golfers. Guys that move while you are trying to play a shot. Golfers that shake the change in their pockets while you are putting. Slow players especially those that have unnecessary/long pre shot routines. Golfers that like to give you swing advice during a round. Fag ends and sunflower seeds on the greens and tee boxes. Uncontrolled dogs on the course (and their feces that is left accordingly).

To name a few.
The noise thing doesn't bother me at all.

Granted, as a goalie, I got used to people messing with me while I tried to stop the puck, so the whole "I need silence to swing a stick" thing seems pretty wussie-ish to me.......

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

We're not talking about playing a provisional. We're talking about playing 3 separate balls for the entire round.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Maybe they're declaring them as provisionals each time they hit them.

Loud music, or any music ✅
Pitch marks on the green not fixed ✅
Bunkers not raked ✅
Playing partners moving, talking ✅
Having a player play in my fairway and pick up my ball as if they think somebody lost it ✅

Greens that resemble the moon because fixing ball marks is so difficult for many people .

Fix your green marks please

Turn down your music

Watch how much beer you drink

Stop yelling after every shot

Speed up if you are causing a back up

Those that don’t repair their ball marks on the green & those that don’t rake the trap after their shot!
I can somewhat understand missing their ballpark occasionally as they just couldn’t find it...poor eyesight or other.

Oops, worse yet...cell phones ringing!!!!! And then taking a personal call close by while others are playing!

This. Drives. Me. NUTS!!!!!

d1ef4d382e89a5a413af947d424154c4.jpg

For the love of all that is holy in this world, please rake the damn bunkers when you’re done!!!

Hopefully you raked and placed or moved it.

Anymore I let the people in my group know to rake a place in bunkers. With all the rain there are still bad bunkers on the courses I play and or people don't rake.
The pro's would never have bad bunkers during a tourney but yet the rest of us need to "play it as it lies". Umm, no.

Hopefully you raked and placed or moved it.

Anymore I let the people in my group know to rake a place in bunkers. With all the rain there are still bad bunkers on the courses I play and or people don't rake.
The pro's would never have bad bunkers during a tourney but yet the rest of us need to "play it as it lies". Umm, no.

I played it and got out just fine, but I agree with your point about the pros. I'm very comfortable in bunkers so I often will use them as my bail out or safe miss when approaching greens. The risk I take when so many can't clean up after themselves.

Maybe they're declaring them as provisionals each time they hit them.

I suppose that's excusable then.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WGC TOURNEY...2nd round...Watching Rahm’s fairway shot on the par 5, #3 hole and he takes a big divot with his iron almost going into the lake right of the green. Not happy with his shot, he swings his club at the divot he made and takes another chunk of turf & both he and his caddie walked away without repairing, replacing both chunks he took out!!!
Is that okay?

Brucem609;6231956 Having a player play in my fairway and pick up my ball as if they think somebody lost it ✅[/QUOTE said:
This happened to me the other day. I hit a yellow Q-Star into the rough and I was heading up there and the guy on the next hole was where my ball should have been. I asked him if he saw a yellow ball, he said no but kinda stuttered that out. Never found my ball but he was hitting a yellow ball into the next green. Just shook my head.

Pushcart fee would need to be divided by square inch total of wheels surface touching the grass.

Technically the more square inches of wheel touching the ground at any given time, the more the weight is distributed and the less damage is done. Therefore a 4 wheel cart may do less damage than a 2 wheel one.

Maybe the fee is per pound of player and bag,...

Whiskey

Back