3 weeks ago. Focus was on ball position and footwork.

Last week. Working on early extension. This one will take me a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last week and we worked on ball position for full wedge shots.

Had a lesson Saturday. Drivers and fairways. Adjusted my stance, grip a bit stronger.

I had my first ever lesson yesterday. After looking at the video of myself, I am a HOT MESS!

Have plenty of homework to do before I go back. I am very hunched over, and my upper body moves a good bit back during my swing. Oh, and I am mostly using upper body.

So like I said, HOT MESS. Super glad I went though, because I would have NEVER gotten better continuing on. Looking forward to some range and backyard sessions to get that worked out before going back.

ball position and swing path. Went from unable to hit the ball back to where I not only can hit it, I stand over the ball confident I am going to produce a reasonable facsimile of a respectable golf shot. I don't always succeed...but I believe I will at least.

ball position and swing path. Went from unable to hit the ball back to where I not only can hit it, I stand over the ball confident I am going to produce a reasonable facsimile of a respectable golf shot. I don't always succeed...but I believe I will at least.

That is good stuff.

My last lesson(last year) the pro had me working on getting the shaft flatter on my downswing, I was steep and over the plane a little.

The lesson before that(different pro) had me working on taking it back and through more on plane as I was getting a little under the plane coming into contact.

A month ago and we worked on impact. Adjusted my grip a little and focus on rolling arm and not wrist. Hard to explain but it’s has helped tremendously. She’s a great coach and understands how I learn which is a big part.

Never. I'm a weirdo. It'll change if my iron struggles continue.

Never. I'm a weirdo. It'll change if my iron struggles continue.

I never wanted to take a lesson either, my wife got me a 3 lesson pack for Christmas and has been worth it so far. Highly recommended.

Had one on Saturday. Continued work on shoulder rotation during the backswing and lower body movement through the downswing. Worked in some lower ball flight techniques with the irons as well. Had WAY too big of a backswing before.

I had a putting lesson in August and it did help with my setup. I might go see a putting guru that was recommended to me and sign up for a package of lessons with him. He's $175 per hour but several have told me he's amazing.

I've only had about 5 or 6 full swing lessons since I started in 1978. I'm very stubborn and enjoy fixing my swing with therapeutic long range sessions. I'm also fearful that lessons would increase my scores as it has for some of my buddies, lol. My putting is the glaring weakness of my game and I figure an instructor can't make it any worse. :)

My last lesson was in 2005 with my college coach.

Man, that is a long time ago!

Last week

It’s been several weeks, maybe a month and a half or so now. My last one helped but more so some time watching some really good players on the range a few weeks ago that pointed out some errors I could see I was doing.

Lesson last year. Helped my driver quite a bit! Very rarely slice on my drives now. I have 2 more lessons due this spring. Hope to get my irons working well!

About a month ago. Worked on my takeaway and backswing, getting the club more upright and hinging my wrists.

I am wanting to take some here this Spring, just some little things I want to work on. Mostly hand position at impact, I tend to let the clubhead get ahead of my hands at times. I need to be able to keep a bit more lag. It does work for my swing though, but know I am leaving some distance and consistency/dispersion on the table.

Would have been 1993/4. I honestly don't recall what we worked on. I think I was high at the time.

Went to a Dave Pelz Short Game School about 5 years ago. Didn't really care for the condescending instructor but did pick up some good tips, especially regarding bunker play.

About a month ago. I purchased a 20 lesson bundle. It was going good for a while. However the past month the guy has been acting really weird and if I don’t need his requirements he seems to pout. I mean hey, I paid and he should be providing the service I paid for. I’ve used about half of said lessons.
I think today I will ask for a refund on the remaining lessons. He will text me and then just not respond after I text him back. I have found another instructor I’d like to try out.

My last lesson was in May of 2019. We were working on trying to stop my flipping of the hands at the ball.

My last lesson was this morning. This was my first lesson since before the 2018 Grandaddy.

I asked for the lesson to fix some stupid chipping issues that have plagued me this season. It started raining so we stayed on the covered range. He diagnosed the cause quickly, I understood it and I demonstrated the ability to do it right. Easy fix, now I just need to build some muscle memory with practice.

So we moved on to some new moves I’ve been working on with irons. Quick back story - I know my swing. I know my major swing flaws. I’ve just never been able to get my body to move correctly. During this C19 downtime I’ve found a couple of swing thoughts / feels that are working. I was able to confirm that through him and with very different Trackman iron numbers vs when he saw me last. So confirmation, which is great. Then we talked about what happens when I start seeing my new bad, and how to fix it. Easy peasy.

I hit a few driver shots. We touched on a couple of fine points and I learned that I’m basically optimized for my driver and won’t get any additional distance without more SS (thank you GD fitters).

Then we spoke about wedges and some things I was seeing in the sand.

All in all, it was one of the better lessons I’ve ever had.

Last edited:
Had a lesson this morning. Worked mainly with my lob wedge for those shots 10 feet off the green with a close flag. Shifted my weight back a bit. Made a big difference. Build confidence in the shot.

Back