Tell me about your best round

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Doesn't necessarily mean your best score, just whatever you consider your best round.

When and where was it?

What went right that day?

Could it have been even lower?

Was it lightning in a bottle, or part of a positive trend in your game?

For me this just happened Tuesday for league. Only 9 holes so not a full round but I shot my low round of the season with a 40 with 2 birdies. Stuck my second shot on opening par 4 to 12 inches for gimmie birdie and second was a 27' 4" putt. Had to measure fore closest to pin thats how we know how long, lol. Down side was after my gimmie birdie I proceeded to post a 7 on the next par 4 (ouch) that ultimately ruined a 30's round.

I am creeping in on a 30's round for league and just need to eliminate the mistakes.

I think my best round would have to be the round I played on July 7th where I tied a personal best of 81. The front 9 was not much to write home about shooting a 45, but the ball striking was good over all and I played steady golf (by my standards). Then after I made 2 bogeys on 10 & 11 I caught fire and played that last 7 holes -2 shooting an even par on the back 9. I was chipping and putting better than I ever have before for that many holes including chipping in for birdie on one hole and almost chipping in twice more. If those 2 chips would have gone in I don't know how I would have handled a 34 on 9 holes. I had 3 birdies over that 7 hole stretch and I have never had that many birds in a round, much less in 9 holes Just about every aspect of my game was better than it ever has been. Even my decision making was spot on and I think that is actually what made it the best round. I took my medicine when I needed to and didn't try to do too much. Now sense then my iron game has gone to garbage. Must be the golfing golds getting some revenge, but at least I had 9 holes at even par.

My next one is going to be my best one. I can feel it.

It wouldn't have been my overall lowest score, although it was pretty good. I think I just went into that day with a very low amount of stress/pressure on myself. Drives were some of the best I've had, from a consistency point. It was the second round at the Morgan Cup and at the time, while I don't think it was really a trend, but I think it showed me that I can't put pressure on myself and still make good shots.

My best competitive round was to win a local amateur event called the Tournament of Champions where they invited all the local club champions to compete against each other.

My best non-competitive rounds actually have happened in the last two weeks. Shot two rounds of 68 (4 under). The first round 68 was crowned with an insane 6 under 29 on the front 9.

mine was two years ago. it also happens to be my best score ever of even par 72. driver was hot garbage that day, but the course (new course at grand cypress in orlando) is wide open, and any trouble that does exist was avoided. iron play was excellent, and putting was fire. so much so that one of my playing partners went out and bought the same putter i was using, hoping it would be as good for him haha.

it could have been better by 2-3 strokes, too.

18 was interesting to say the least. i knew i only needed par to shoot 72. i hit a necked drive, but that fairway is huge so it was fun. i had gap wedge in, with ob to the right. my miss is a shank, so i was a little nervous. i didn't hit a great shot, but it found the green about 25' away. i was so nervy over that first putt! but it trundled down to a couple feet, and i tapped in for par. it was a huge relief!

i played pretty well for a stretch, but as always, the game reminded me i'm not very good and started faltering again later that year.

Would have been in 2015 at my club championship. I was just so relaxed and hitting every shot perfect. I was up 7 at that turn and hit a great shot that landed dead center of the fairway, the other guy tees off and we go to his ball and he doesn't even slow down just reaches out and scoops it up goes to mine and does the same thing. I was like what the F$#@%. He says its over, I can't beat you today. Good match. That was the best feeling in the world.

Would have been in 2015 at my club championship. I was just so relaxed and hitting every shot perfect. I was up 7 at that turn and hit a great shot that landed dead center of the fairway, the other guy tees off and we go to his ball and he doesn't even slow down just reaches out and scoops it up goes to mine and does the same thing. I was like what the F$#@%. He says its over, I can't beat you today. Good match. That was the best feeling in the world.

That is a great story, white flag!

My best round was about 1 month ago when I finally broke 40 for the first time ever and shot a 39. Did well on seven of nine holes but messed up a bit on two of them. Could have been a 35-36. But, I set a goal of breaking 40 this year which I accomplished so I was thrilled. Had to count the scorecard a few times I couldn't believe it.

Back