Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my own cart and am a member at the course intertwined in my neighborhood. I can hop in my cart after work and play all I want, my favorite time to play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by V14_Heels View Post
      OP here again. Here's where I don't feel as bad. Let me give you this exact example from my course...

It's $25 to golf a full 18 after 4:30 PM. As a member OR in this free month, it's $20 to rent the cart. So with that logic they're charging $5 for people to golf...? It's a racket...you guys are definitely good people on these forums always trying to protect the club, but cmon that's a scam lol. It's why I haven't bought a membership with this club and their club membership is very reasonable, but it's only going to save me $5 when I typically play which is after work M-F.
      Then, and in all seriousness, put your bag on your back and play with those 5 precious dollars in your pocket. The place has to make money, racket or not, to stay in business.
      I have a membership & a golf cart that I drive from my house to the range & walk the course. $5 for a cart & not paying for range balls ainít good for business. But what do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Four Up StaDry
      TS3 9.5Smoke
      TS2 16.5Smoke
      816 H1 21* Blue Stiff
      AP3 4-W AMT White X100
      SM7 54 & 60
      Newport 2
      Pro V1X

Comment

Originally posted by aggiesam1983 View Post
        I have my own cart and am a member at the course intertwined in my neighborhood. I can hop in my cart after work and play all I want, my favorite time to play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
        Same here, if I want/need to get some holes in quicker, Iíll take my cart. Iíd much prefer to carry, I play better & enjoy the fellowship more when we walk. Plus, being 38 & everybody else in group is 55+ & they walk Iím not going to ride.

Four Up StaDry
        TS3 9.5Smoke
        TS2 16.5Smoke
        816 H1 21* Blue Stiff
        AP3 4-W AMT White X100
        SM7 54 & 60
        Newport 2
        Pro V1X

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
          Then, and in all seriousness, put your bag on your back and play with those 5 precious dollars in your pocket. The place has to make money, racket or not, to stay in business.
          I have a membership & a golf cart that I drive from my house to the range & walk the course. $5 for a cart & not paying for range balls ainít good for business. But what do I know.

Well it'd save me $20 not $5, but I think you missed my point. My larger point is it's kind of amazing to me as long as this sport has been around that there isn't just a standard business model. To me they would make a heck of alot more money if they just made carts cheaper, but like I said it'd be almost impossible for me to make up the cost of the membership when a cart is almost the same price as the round of golf at that same time.

For such an established sport what has shocked me as a newcomer is just how UNCLEAR everything is at a golf course. Maybe it's just the courses around here? But there's alot of guess work with policies around a golf course, what costs what, etc. etc.
          The ultimate beginner budget set...
          In my Golf 2019 Ultralight Cart Bag
          Driver: XR16 set at 12.5 degrees and w/ Draw
          Hybrid: Pro 20 - 3H
          Irons: GIGAGOLF TRX Power Slot Single Lengths 5-PW
          Wedges: PINEMEADOW Pre 3 - 52*, 56* and 60*
          Putter: PINEMEADOW PGX SL Putter
          Balls: Supersoft, but if I'm being real honest...I play most balls I find

Comment

You're surprised that not every golf course in the world is run the same way? That's not true for restaurants, bars, retail shops, physicians, car dealers or any other business I can think of. What would make golf special?

There's nothing unclear to playing a round of golf. It's your trying to finagle some way to get a cheaper deal that's making it more complicated. Just make a tee time and pay them what they charge you. Then go play golf.

And no, the golf course would not make a "heck of a lot more money" by lowering their prices $20.

Comment

Originally posted by Et Tu Brute? View Post
              You're surprised that not every golf course in the world is run the same way? That's not true for restaurants, bars, retail shops, physicians, car dealers or any other business I can think of. What would make golf special?

There's nothing unclear to playing a round of golf. It's your trying to finagle some way to get a cheaper deal that's making it more complicated. Just make a tee time and pay them what they charge you. Then go play golf.

And no, the golf course would not make a "heck of a lot more money" by lowering their prices $20.
              I would say restaurants, and retail shops very much run a standard model.

At 99% of restaurants, you walk in, sit down, a menu is handed to you with each item represented with a CLEAR price. At the end of the meal you pay your bill. There's no guess work about it?
              Retail shops the same exact way. There is a price marked on each individual item and that is what you pay.

Golf courses are all over the place. Some green fees include cart, some not. Some you pay for a trail fee, some you don't. Some you pay by the hole you use a golf cart, some you don't. Some are the same price whether you walk, run or cart, some are not. Rain check policy, it's all over the board.

OF COURSE i'm trying to get a cheaper deal. Saving money that I can use for other things is exactly how I do life. Sorry if that sounds criminal to you.
              The ultimate beginner budget set...
              In my Golf 2019 Ultralight Cart Bag
              Driver: XR16 set at 12.5 degrees and w/ Draw
              Hybrid: Pro 20 - 3H
              Irons: GIGAGOLF TRX Power Slot Single Lengths 5-PW
              Wedges: PINEMEADOW Pre 3 - 52*, 56* and 60*
              Putter: PINEMEADOW PGX SL Putter
              Balls: Supersoft, but if I'm being real honest...I play most balls I find

Comment

Originally posted by V14_Heels View Post
                Well it'd save me $20 not $5, but I think you missed my point. My larger point is it's kind of amazing to me as long as this sport has been around that there isn't just a standard business model. To me they would make a heck of alot more money if they just made carts cheaper, but like I said it'd be almost impossible for me to make up the cost of the membership when a cart is almost the same price as the round of golf at that same time.

For such an established sport what has shocked me as a newcomer is just how UNCLEAR everything is at a golf course. Maybe it's just the courses around here? But there's alot of guess work with policies around a golf course, what costs what, etc. etc.
                No, I got your point my math was off. If you want to save money, golf ainít the sport. Itís expensive, itís time consuming & try as you might, it ainít easy.
                Iíve yet to play a golf course where pricing was some big unknown, a simple ďHey, whatís a round, a cart & those range balls somebody else paid for but didnít use going to run me?Ē Sure seems like itíd clear up a good bit.

Four Up StaDry
                TS3 9.5Smoke
                TS2 16.5Smoke
                816 H1 21* Blue Stiff
                AP3 4-W AMT White X100
                SM7 54 & 60
                Newport 2
                Pro V1X

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse