Cart use with non-member?

You're surprised that not every golf course in the world is run the same way? That's not true for restaurants, bars, retail shops, physicians, car dealers or any other business I can think of. What would make golf special?

There's nothing unclear to playing a round of golf. It's your trying to finagle some way to get a cheaper deal that's making it more complicated. Just make a tee time and pay them what they charge you. Then go play golf.

And no, the golf course would not make a "heck of a lot more money" by lowering their prices $20.

I would say restaurants, and retail shops very much run a standard model.

At 99% of restaurants, you walk in, sit down, a menu is handed to you with each item represented with a CLEAR price. At the end of the meal you pay your bill. There's no guess work about it?
Retail shops the same exact way. There is a price marked on each individual item and that is what you pay.

Golf courses are all over the place. Some green fees include cart, some not. Some you pay for a trail fee, some you don't. Some you pay by the hole you use a golf cart, some you don't. Some are the same price whether you walk, run or cart, some are not. Rain check policy, it's all over the board.

OF COURSE i'm trying to get a cheaper deal. Saving money that I can use for other things is exactly how I do life. Sorry if that sounds criminal to you.

Well it'd save me $20 not $5, but I think you missed my point. My larger point is it's kind of amazing to me as long as this sport has been around that there isn't just a standard business model. To me they would make a heck of alot more money if they just made carts cheaper, but like I said it'd be almost impossible for me to make up the cost of the membership when a cart is almost the same price as the round of golf at that same time.

For such an established sport what has shocked me as a newcomer is just how UNCLEAR everything is at a golf course. Maybe it's just the courses around here? But there's alot of guess work with policies around a golf course, what costs what, etc. etc.

No, I got your point my math was off. If you want to save money, golf ain’t the sport. It’s expensive, it’s time consuming & try as you might, it ain’t easy.
I’ve yet to play a golf course where pricing was some big unknown, a simple “Hey, what’s a round, a cart & those range balls somebody else paid for but didn’t use going to run me?” Sure seems like it’d clear up a good bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, most of the places I've seen here that charge a "trail fee" charge about the same as the cart fee if you were renting a cart. So, why don't they charge a trail fee of the equivalent of a push cart if I bring my own push cart? Seems stupid to think they'd charge me to push my own cart, doesn't it?

Back