Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spitting, spitters,...constantly? Why? please stop.

Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bottom line ….unless it cant be helped (that exception aside which is far and few between) constant spitting is simply poor etiquette. If your in someone's backyard at a bbq gathering are we going to constantly spit as we socialize? I mean really folks. A medical necessity is one thing but too many people simply have a bad habit. And if done enough its disgusting after a while. When one cant manage to complete a sentence with spitting 3 times , Im sorry but that is a terrible habit. It lacks etiquette and common courtesy.
    I golf because I can But I stink because I can't

Comment

OGIO Silencer Stand Bag
      Driver: PXG 0811X, PX EvenFlow Blk 75/6.5
      Fairway: PXG 0341, PX EvenFlow Blk 75/6.5
      Irons: PXG 0311T 3-PW, TT DG TI X100
      Wedges: PXG 0311 50*/54*/58*, TT DG TI X100
      Putter: PXG Bat Attack H
      Precision Pro NX7 Pro Range Finder

Comment

Originally posted by -CRW- View Post
        funny there :) ......but constant spitting isn't nothing. And thinking it is...is just one more small way in which proves my point on society and its newly accepted lack of etiquettes growing more and more dominant a thing. Perhaps im turning into a grumpy old man but when I was young this is not something I did when in front of others.

Comment

Originally posted by rollin View Post
          funny there :) ......but constant spitting isn't nothing. And thinking it is...is just one more small way in which proves my point on society and its newly accepted lack of etiquettes growing more and more dominant a thing. Perhaps im turning into a grumpy old man but when I was young this is not something I did when in front of others.
          Do you really believe that spitting in sports is “new”?
          F9 Driver - 9*
          F9 Fairway - 14.5*
          F9 Irons - 4-G (Modus 105s)
          KING Black Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)
          Stroke Lab #7s

Comment

Originally posted by Molten View Post
            Since the 1800’s is new, right???
            WITB:
            TaylorMade
            - M6 9.0 -
            UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 77F5
            TaylorMade - Original One 13.5 - Fujikura Evolution V X
            PING - G410 19.0/22.0 - Alta CB 70S
            Callaway - Apex CF19 Combo 5-PW - True Temper Elevate X100
            Cleveland - RTX4 Raw 48M/54M/60XL - DG TI S400
            SWAG
            - Tour Proto Savage Too -
            Center-Shaft 373g
            Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Comment

C'mon..... this isn't baseball or hockey and football which are far more physically exerting and challenging etc and fwiw that has always been disgusting too. But golf is a game often with dress codes and expected levels of behavior etiquettes unlike those other sports. Continuous spitting does not fall in that category of better behavior etiquettes. There is a lack of etiquette, common courtesy and respect displayed in ones constant spitting. I don't necessarily think everyone who does it is a bad person but just that they do lack in etiquette in that small way. Outside of those with possible medical reasons, its a classless act. Its poor etiquette.

Comment

C'mon..... this isn't baseball or hockey and football which are far more physically exerting and challenging etc and fwiw that has always been disgusting too. But golf is a game often with dress codes and expected levels of behavior etiquettes unlike those other sports. Continuous spitting does not fall in that category of better behavior etiquettes. There is a lack of etiquette, common courtesy and respect displayed in ones constant spitting. I don't necessarily think everyone who does it is a bad person but just that they do lack in etiquette in that small way. Outside of those with possible medical reasons, its a classless act. Its poor etiquette.
                Then I assume you think smoking is also poor etiquette and that has no place in golf and it’s dress code, right?
                F9 Driver - 9*
                F9 Fairway - 14.5*
                Stroke Lab #7s

Comment

I got a lotta phlegm. Don’t feel like choking on it.
                  Cobra F8 driver
                  Cobra F8 One Length 3H-PW
                  Ping G20 AW & SW
                  Odyssey #9
                  Ogio Shredder bag
                  A ball

"Always remember, there are no bad rounds, just high scores."-ChristopherKee

Comment

Because someone spits is no way an indication of society and lack of respect.

If spitting is getting you all riled up then you are focusing on the wrong things. Unless it’s directed at you who cares? As long as they aren’t spitting on the green, I don’t give a ****. If they do spit on the greens just politely ask no to do that and move on.

What about smoking or swearing? Is that indication of society also?
                    In My #TheGrandaddy 2.0 Team Redemption Bag

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° | UST Elements Chrome F4
                    Callaway Epic Flash 3+ 15.5° | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
                    Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood 20° | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
                    Callaway CF-19 Apex Smoke Combo 5-AW | TT Elevate Tour Black S
                    Callaway PM Grind 19 Tour Grey 54°/14 | 58°/12 | TT Elevate Tour Black S
                    Toulon Stroke Lab Las Vegas | Chrome Soft **

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg_74 View Post
                      Because someone spits is no way an indication of society and lack of respect.

If spitting is getting you all riled up then you are focusing on the wrong things. Unless it’s directed at you who cares? As long as they aren’t spitting on the green, I don’t give a ****. If they do spit on the greens just politely ask no to do that and move on.

What about smoking or swearing? Is that indication of society also?
                      foul language is another issue imo when in an ear shot of strangers and folks other than who you are talking to in your circle of the moment. Smoking shouldn't be done around those who take issue with it.

Comment

I’ll comfortably say I disagree whole heartedly with a lot of what is in here but I get why some people might dislike some of it. Thankfully we can pick who we play with most of the time.
                        F9 Driver - 9*
                        F9 Fairway - 14.5*
                        Stroke Lab #7s

Comment

None of this thread surprises me. And hence the very problem with society lacking more and more in etiquettes. If no one can see this as yet another small way in which society etiquettes are losing out then I suppose its too late. Just kind of sad really imo is what it is.

Comment

None of this thread surprises me. And hence the very problem with society lacking more and more in etiquettes. If no one can see this as yet another small way in which society etiquettes are losing out then I suppose its too late. Just kind of sad really imo is what it is.

Bad habits have always been on the course. You can’t blame society. You can’t blame the youth. Life doesn’t work like that.

Change: it isn’t always bad.
                            F9 Driver - 9*
                            F9 Fairway - 14.5*
                            Stroke Lab #7s

Comment

Bad habits have always been on the course. You can’t blame society. You can’t blame the youth. Life doesn’t work like that.

Change: it isn’t always bad.
                              To be fair....that was at a time when not only were there not enough info about smoking but actually was considered sexy. Yes that's right, sexy and or sophisticated. Movie stars, celebrities on tv , entertainers, etc, etc think ratpack era (Sinatra, Martin, Sammy) or s ricky Riccardo (desi arnez) "I love lucy". Rock Hudson, Carry grant, etc,etc,The list is miles long including woman with the extended cigs in the long holders. It was a fad and a style that was not seen as what it is today. Where does spitting ever fit in with that logic? It doesn't.

And besides just because people smoke/smoked or do whatever else past or present they may or may not be proper, doesn't for one second make the constant spitting any less disgusting anyway. Its not relevant. "Well people smoke, so we may as well urinate on the tee box". I mean wrong is just wrong regardless what else may be wrong. Constant spitting should not be part of normal good etiquette. I just cant believe that no one sees a constant spitter as something of poor social form. Its just bad taste and its wrong. It shouldn't be considered an acceptable behavior. Are we soon to begin spitting inside too? And yes imo I can blame youth or whomever for changes in society and they are not at all always for the better. Not even close. It would be pretty darn classless if everyone walked around everywhere constantly spitting.

Im sorry folks but I couldn't disagree more. Constant spitting is not the way we should behave as though its a perfectly normal display of good etiquettes. The fact that no one is seeing this is exactly what one small part of the bigger picture problem nowadays with lacking social etiquettes.

Ive said in this thread about all I can basically say about it. Its sad that no one at all sees it this way. In fact some even go as far poke fun of it and even imply that its ridiculous to rant about it. . That (to me) just lends itself further to the notion that changes ion society is not at all always for the better. Many things are worse. The point of debating it is sort of moot and a lost cause for me since too much of society (as displayed in this thread thus far) simply sees this (and many other poorer behavioral things) as perfectly acceptable. Its just too late I suppose. Who knows...perhaps 15 yrs from now it will be acceptable to go to the bathroom anywhere one wishes. Hopefully no ones ball will roll through it.
                              Last edited by rollin; 07-21-2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I don’t exactly play the ritziest of golf courses, 3-4x a week, and I don’t see 1/10 of the stuff mentioned in here on a regular basis.

I did, however, scream an expletive when I missed a shot at finishing even par for the first time in my life today with a bad 3 putt, and I refuse to apologize for that.
                                Proud member of Team THP in the 2018 Granddaddy with

Driver: Epic Flash With Custom HZRDUS Smoke
                                Fairway: Epic Flash with Tensei Blue 75
                                Hybrids: '19 Apex 3h and 4h with Catalyst 70
                                Irons: Apex Forged 5-PW w/ Elevate 95
                                Wedges: MD4 48-54-58 w/ Modus 105
                                Putter: Stroke Lab Three
                                Ball: Chrome Soft X

Thanks to PX and THP for an incredible Handcrafted Experience!

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X