Spitting, spitters,...constantly? Why? please stop.

I spit a lot when I play. I don’t chew or dip. It’s just a habit. I don’t do it on the greens and I’ve never had someone say it’s bothered them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I spit a lot when I play. I don’t chew or dip. It’s just a habit. I don’t do it on the greens and I’ve never had someone say it’s bothered them.

Well, now you know that secretly some people hate you. I don't.

fwiw i didnt say anything to the folks I mentioned in the thread.
But also perhaps your not doing it nearly as continuously and the fact that you dont do it on the greens likely means you are at least conscious enough of it where as you may not at all be doing it to the degree I mentioned as i began this thread.

So you think everyone should be just like you?

This is a real thread.

View attachment 40498

I need to find a lawn to stand on.

What about snot rockets?

Well, now you know that secretly some people hate you. I don't.

While I did laugh at one your posts earlier, collectively they have not produced much anything of value except to mock. But thats ok and just perhaps your even doing ti just to be funny which is fine.
But You see....Its sort of exactly what I been implying in this thread of how the little things we do that seem meaningless and even laughable or ridiculous ,..do collectively add up to make up the bigger picture of our behaviors. So thanks for (in an indirect way and without even knowing it) having actually helped me prove some of my point here.:D

While I did laugh at one your posts earlier, collectively they have not produced much anything of value except to mock. But thats ok and just perhaps your even doing ti just to be funny which is fine.
But You see....Its sort of exactly what I been implying in this thread of how the little things we do that seem meaningless and even laughable or ridiculous ,..do collectively add up to make up the bigger picture of our behaviors. So thanks for (in an indirect way and without even knowing it) having actually helped me prove some of my point here.:D

So I'm bringing about the end of the world?

So I'm bringing about the end of the world?
no, but you do as here now yet again as well (with the sarcasm) lol but continue to in a way support some of my points.
pretty cool of you...thanks again. lol

no, but you do as here now yet again as well (with the sarcasm) lol but continue to in a way support some of my points.
pretty cool of you...thanks again. lol

I think you might be looking a bit too into it, just like the original post. Its cool if you want to think its all about you, though.

Wow, lots of words.

These 6 pages of redundancy could have been reduced to 1.

"Some think spitting can be offensive.
Some don't think so."

Saved you 30 mins. You're welcome.

Not a big fan of spitting, but as long as folks don't spit on the green I am okay with it.

I think you might be looking a bit too into it, just like the original post. Its cool if you want to think its all about you, though.
its certainly a fair coment to say that you think I may be looking into this topic a bit too seriously. Thats fair because I do think (the way i describe the persons continuous habit) as being something worthy of note and part of a larger picture. That is how i do view it. If i didnt put much thought into looking at it as any big deal at all then i wouldnt have created the thread.
I dont know where the "its all about me" comment stems from. Its about the way i view it, yes in that sense it is about me and my feelings towards it. Thats why i began the thread. But my intent is not a selfish one. In my view much of what ive mentioned is about us all as a society and preventing what I think is a continued loss for certain etiquettes that seems to gradually be disappearing little by little. If all that is viewed by others as being about me then so be it. I created the thread and at least Im trying to do a little something in some small way about it.

Wow, lots of words.

These 6 pages of redundancy could have been reduced to 1.

"Some think spitting can be offensive.
Some don't think so."

Saved you 30 mins. You're welcome.

well, we can talk about things more or less indepth. Simply coming out and saying something like spitting is offensive and end ti at that doesnt really discuss the reasonings and view points of the matter much does it? . And so we have some more in depth conversing.

at least Im trying to do a little something in some small way about it.

Complaining on the internet isn't going to cut it. The only surefire way to modify behavior is threat of violence and/or humiliation.

The thread that keeps on giving.......,

giphy.gif

Complaining on the internet isn't going to cut it. The only surefire way to modify behavior is threat of violence and/or humiliation. - Josef Stalin

Added originator of quote.

Jesus this thread is...well...can we get back to talking about golf stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't. Too busy chipping away at modern civilization.

This all just writes ittself.

View attachment 40528

I sure hope threat of violence and humiliation isn't the only way to try to bring about, install and maintain a better etiquette awareness. If that's true then we are in much deeper trouble than I originally thought.

How about teaching and practicing it at home just for starters, then schools. Problem is when the adults have lost sight of it then becomes too difficult. And so then someone like myself comes along and sends out a reminder or creates awareness for it for whatever its hopefully worth.

People beginning to throw some more egg into this thread and is getting a tad ugly now (losing some maintained etiquette lol) but fwiw none which has been my doing at all.
And yet.....hence one the very issues I see as a problem that only few others do.

It is about golf. It ius about etiquette on the course (that's how it started). But etiquette is also part of life outside of golf and so its absolutely related. The golf course is/was suppose to be one place in which good etiquette is displayed. So this is all golf related even though some the conversing is about general etiquettes.

Can't. Too busy chipping away at modern civilization.
And there we go yet again with the mocking of the topic. And fwiw that's really mocking me and my view and that's fine. Im not angry at all or anything and just is what it is. But again you do keep helping me prove one my points within this thread again...lol

You don't feel or see any this as an issue at all. Thats been obvious and that's your right of course. But you do see the need to mock it/me and continue to do so with the sarcasm in the thread again and again. Some of which is making me actually laugh because its a little funny. Though making me laugh I highly doubt at this point by now is the intent and I do think in mocking your just trying to imply and prove that Im being ridiculous and maybe even insinuate Im just a jerk for what ive brought up in this thread. With all the mocking you have continuously done here many others would have by now taken that "between the lines message" to mean just that by now for certain whether or not its your actual intent. But like I said, you keep proving to me that I am more and more correct as for how I feel about many the things discussed here.

It is about golf. It ius about etiquette on the course (that's how it started). But etiquette is also part of life outside of golf and so its absolutely related. The golf course is/was suppose to be one place in which good etiquette is displayed. So this is all golf related even though some the conversing is about general etiquettes.

And there we go yet again with the mocking of the topic. And fwiw that's really mocking me and my view and that's fine. Im not angry at all or anything and just is what it is. But again you do keep helping me prove one my points within this thread again...lol

You don't feel or see any this as an issue at all. Thats been obvious and that's your right of course. But you do see the need to mock it/me and continue to do so with the sarcasm in the thread again and again. Some of which is making me actually laugh because its a little funny. Though making me laugh I highly doubt at this point by now is the intent and I do think in mocking your just trying to imply and prove that Im being ridiculous and maybe even insinuate Im just a jerk for what ive brought up in this thread. With all the mocking you have continuously done here many others would have by now taken that "between the lines message" to mean just that by now for certain whether or not its your actual intent. But like I said, you keep proving to me that I am more and more correct as for how I feel about many the things discussed here.

Sounds good I’m going to check out the other golf threads on this golf forum. Enjoy your debate on etiquette gentleman.

Back