Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spitting, spitters,...constantly? Why? please stop.

Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitting, spitters,...constantly? Why? please stop.

The petpeev thread (in which this was mentioned) in combination of what ive seen my last 3 rounds has caused me to talk of this terrible disgusting habit in its own thread.

Playing as a single with all kinds of people there is the occasional constant spitter. and im not even talking a tobacco chewer but simply just spitters who spit as much as a chewer. . I don't know if this terrible habit is the new fad but 3 rounds in a row Ive now come across a spiter in the group and the last round were actually two of them. hence my rant here and discussion of this disgusting new way of life.

I mean its just horrible to be around one who constantly habitually spits. Its just disgusting folks. Tew.tew.tew,tew,tew,tew,tew,tew,tew all day long every few seconds,like a machine gun. On the tee boxes, during play or stoppage anywhere, on the greens (worst of all), etc,.

I don't get this. Why does anyone's club or ball or tee or whatever else have to find rest on the ground, whether on the tee or the green or anywhere on the course in someone's spit!!
    Firstly the habit in itself just lacks common courtesy and etiquette. tew,tew,tew,tew…..I even hate it when I watch baseball. But thats not in my physical presence nor will I end up with it on my ball and hand.
    Why should anyones ball be on a green and be sitting in someone's spit? or rolling through it, Or your putter rest in it? or any club anywhere? or your placed tee?, etc, etc,. Whats with the darn spitting and especially one who is constantly going at it? Its not that im insulted though it does imo lack some respect but just that its really disgusting to even be around and certainly disgusting it ends up on someone's ball, equipment and transferred to their hand.
    I get the occasional one here or there (we are human). But cheeeeeeeeze man... not the constant habitual non stop machine gun who cant even complete a darn sentence without spitting 3 times in between words. IDK its just ridiculous and ive been with this 3 rounds in a row via different people. IDK maybe its me and I have to get with times and begin spitting all over the place constantly. Or maybe every time they spit on the green I should fart in their hat and put it back on their head.
    I golf because I can But I stink because I can't

Forgot the, "/rant."

[emoji12]
    Rogue Sub Zero 10.5* PRO 73
    Exotics EX9 17* Recoil 670
    Exotics EX9 22* Recoil 670
    Apex CF16 5-PW, SteelFiber i95
    FourteeN RM-22J 46*, 52*, 58*, RM-22 56* SteelFiber i95
    Directed Force Reno, 34"
    ​TP Red LDP

Comment

I think I've played with a few who might spit frequently but it's not something I'd personally fixate on so maybe it's more? I'd be more concerned with 'handling' all the insecticides and fertilizers the courses use. The spit seed hulls and/or chew remnants on a tee or green do frost my wick though. As for frequent spitters on the course, maybe allergies to something growing or some chemical the course uses, IDK?
      SYNC Cart Bag (reviewing 2019 FlexTech Lite Carry Bag)
      DRV: M3 460 at 9.5* Mitsu Tensei Blue 60
      FWW: Epic Sub Zero 3+ at 13.5* 22 grams forward HZRDUS T800
      HYB: G400 #2 Alta CB 70
      UTIL: GAPR MID #3 at 18.5* Mitsu Tensei Blue Hybrid
      IRONs: King F6 4i-PW, Matrix Red Tie 65Q4
      WDGs: CBX 48* 54* 60*, Rotex Graphite
      PUTT: O-Works Red #7s
      BALLS: TP5X

Comment

Originally posted by Daddio View Post
        I think I've played with a few who might spit frequently but it's not something I'd personally fixate on so maybe it's more? I'd be more concerned with 'handling' all the insecticides and fertilizers the courses use. The spit seed hulls and/or chew remnants on a tee or green do frost my wick though. As for frequent spitters on the course, maybe allergies to something growing or some chemical the course uses, IDK?
        Allergies, for me. If someone is getting grossed out about they may have put the club sole down where I may have hacked something up, then Im just gonna ask how and if they washed their hands when they went to the bathroom there in those trees [emoji2371]
        Spoiler

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9 degrees
        Callaway Epic Sub Zero 3w
        Callaway Epic 7w
        Taylormade SLDRs 25 degree hybrid
        Callaway Apex CF16 5-pw
        Cleveland RTX 3.0 Wedge 50-54-58
        Toulon Design San Diego 34in

Comment

@rollin send me $16

And Ill get this

F9 Speedback Avalanche 10.5 Driver HZRDUS Smoke Black 60
          F9 Speedback Yellow 14.5 Fwy HZRDUS Red 75
          F9 Speedback Pink 18.5 Fwy HZRDUS Red 65
          F9 Speedback 4i Catalyst 80 6.0
          F9 Speedback Pink 5-GW Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
          King Black 52/56/60 Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff

NEAD 8802 303 Stainless; Bronze Face/Bronze Stripe Rear Flange

Black Cobra Connect UTX
          Hybrid
          Truvis Shaka Ball

sigpic

Comment

+1

Comment

I honestly didn't think this thread would gain much support and in fact even expected some backlash sarcasm or any other method.

I was hoping for some glimmer of hope but I guess this is part of society today. And part of what my issue is with it. Society simply lacks many tings nowadays and imo much of which not for the better.
              Continuous spitting just like foul language while in an ear shot of other folks is simply a norm now. Its kind of sad really.

Comment

cant control or do anything about fertilizers,etc...but what one can control is their constant spitting. Health reasons? is a rare thing for constant spitting. Mostly its just a degusting habit that lacks etiquette and common courtesy.

Comment

cant control or do anything about fertilizers,etc...but what one can control is their constant spitting. Health reasons? is a rare thing for constant spitting. Mostly its just a degusting habit that lacks etiquette and common courtesy.

Comment

Originally posted by MWard View Post
                    Allergies, for me. If someone is getting grossed out about they may have put the club sole down where I may have hacked something up, then I’m just gonna ask how and if they washed their hands when they went to the bathroom there in those trees [emoji2371]
                    You've got a health issue and that is far from the norm as to most of those who spit to this constant degree. Most people just have a bad habit of doing it plain and simple. Urinating is a necessity similar to your allergy issue. And fwiw I keep wipes with me nor do I pee on my hands and just when has the penis become such a filthy organ. Unless one just had sexual relations our penises (if one washed regularly) are very likely far much cleaner than our hands are.

Constant spitting is just poor etiquette (unless it cant be helped). One may as well spit on your hands if your ball is going to roll through his spit and then you have to lick it up.

Comment

I think I probably fall into the category of a "spitter" (no jokes please). If you want to confirm, ask @dthogey, @bmongi1 @jaymo37 (?), @JMB3, @golfnut @jimbetts, @kev, and maybe a couple of other THPers I've played with. It's not something I consciously do, but I'm fairly sure I do it.

@rollin, if the spit on the ground is so gross that you don't want to have to worry about getting it on your ball or hands, then what makes you think the spitter wants to keep it in their mouth? I'd rank spitting way below folks who subject others to their 2nd hand smoke. I can wash my hands if I happen to end up in some spit, but it's a little harder to wash my lungs.
                      C130 bag & 3.5+
                      M5 440 9 w/ HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 @ 45.5"
                      Epic Flash SZ 3wd w/ Rogue Max 85X @ 42.5"
                      M4 5wd w/ HZRDUS Black 6.0 @ 42"
                      Dynacraft Genesis 4h w/ LZ 6.0
                      Dynacraft Prophet MB 5-PW w/ LZ 6.0
                      Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 56F, 60L w/ Modus3 125 wedge shafts
                      Stroke Lab Marxman @ 33" w/ Flatso 3.0
                      Tour Velvet & Snell MTB or ChromeSoft X
                      ---
                      SLDR 3h w/ HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.0
                      VS Proto 70X @ 44.25"
                      HZRDUS Black 75g, 6.0 @ 44.5"
                      AccuFLEX Evolution R @ 44.5"
                      Wishon 550c 5-6 & 550m 7-PW w/ Modus3 Tour 120 stiff shafts

Comment

I chew in the course so I do spit a lot. Although, almost never do I leave globs that another player would even see let alone have to worry about their ball running through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THP Events:
                        2017 Wilson Staff Proto:#TeamMarketing
                        2018 Ultimate Weekend of Golf sponsored by True Temper

Comment

Originally posted by PapaJohick View Post
                          I chew in the course so I do spit a lot. Although, almost never do I leave globs that another player would even see let alone have to worry about their ball running through.

Right there with you. I quit chewing for a while then decided I enjoyed it way too much.

Four Up StaDry
                          TS3 9.5Smoke
                          TS2 16.5Smoke
                          816 H1 21* Blue Stiff
                          AP3 4-W AMT White X100
                          SM7 54 & 60
                          Newport 2
                          Pro V1X

Comment

I chew on the course as well but I’m very aware of where I spit. I don’t spit on the tee box or on the greens. On the fairway, I actually try to spit next to my ball. Sometimes I’ve hit my ball but it only affects me, lol. I have noticed a lot of pros especially DJ rapid fire spitting all over the place. It is a bit of an annoyance when people I’ve played with do a long drawn out hack and spit a huge phlegm wad on the tee box or on the green.

Comment

I have a habit of spitting whenever I’m outside. Not nonstop, but enough to notice it myself. I do have seasonal allergies and now I’m curious if the two things are related.

I don’t notice other people spitting, when using dip or otherwise. I just don’t care.
                              OGIO Silencer Stand Bag
                              Driver: PXG 0811X, PX EvenFlow Blk 75/6.5
                              Fairway: PXG 0341, PX EvenFlow Blk 75/6.5
                              Irons: PXG 0311T 3-PW, TT DG TI X100
                              Wedges: PXG 0311 50*/54*/58*, TT DG TI X100
                              Putter: PXG Bat Attack H
                              Precision Pro NX7 Pro Range Finder

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X