Golf Carts: Driver or Riding Shotgun?

I prefer to ride.

Good with either driving or riding shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer shotgun since I can't hear out of my right ear. It can be awkward to be driving away and look over and the person sitting shotgun is mid sentence and I've heard nothing.

I prefer to ride primarily because I like to walk as much as possible even when using a cart.

I prefer to ride, but it doesn't really matter. If I am in a scramble and am drinking heavily then I definitely want to ride shotty.

I prefer shotgun since I can't hear out of my right ear. It can be awkward to be driving away and look over and the person sitting shotgun is mid sentence and I've heard nothing.

Good to know! Driving it is in CDA!

If I am with someone that knows how to properly get around a course, I like riding but I drive most of the time.

I just do whatever the other person doesn't want to do. I end up riding a lot because most people like to be in control or as Nicole Kidman told Tom Cruise in Days Of Thunder "the illusion of control" LOL!

I prefer to ride because I'm on golf pad a lot, keeping my score with it and tracking my shots.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

I’d rather ride. Always end up driving though.

I like to drive, it’s the ocd in me. I like to get to my ball or partners ball with the least amount of spine jarring bumps as possible. I find that people never drive the cart like I would. There are a handful of people I’ve played with that if ride shot gun. @JB @canadan @beags @jman @mward @mclovin @nate @jdtox......you get the point. These guys know how to play, have fun and get it done in a timely fashion.

My strong preference is to drive. But I’m okay with shotgun, if my cartner isn’t a dipshot driver.

I like to drive, it’s the ocd in me. I like to get to my ball or partners ball with the least amount of spine jarring bumps as possible. I find that people never drive the cart like I would. There are a handful of people I’ve played with that if ride shot gun. @JB @canadan @beags @jman @mward @mclovin @nate @jdtox......you get the point. These guys know how to play, have fun and get it done in a timely fashion.

Well let’s play a round then my bro!!!

I prefer to dive unless it’s the drivers home course and I’m not familiar with it.

I believe most casual golfers have no idea how to properly use a cart as a tool to make your round easier/faster

I pretty much only take a cart at THP Events. I used to prefer to ride shotgun but lately I'm not sure I have a preference.

Typically I am the driver, don't know why but ends up that way. I don't mind driving or riding shotgun

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Rather ride because I try to walk as much as possible.

... Right there with you. I have a remote cart and always walk when I can but some courses have mandatory carts and out in Phoenix where I played 107 rounds last winter I played quite a few mountain or desert courses with extremely long distances from greens to tees. I was paired up with strangers as I play a lot as a single and if they don't mind I pretty much walk the entire course and let them drive.

If I have to take a cart, I prefer to drive.

I don’t mind either way. I drive 90% of the time bc 90% of my rounds are with my 12 year old. If no one is around and the lay out is relatively safe I will let him drive some just because it’s fun for him.

Depends on who my cart partner is. There's one person I golf with who doesn't understand basic cart etiquette so I always drive if I am paired with her. If I'm with someone new to the course or the game I will drive. I actually prefer to ride as it gives me time to scout out my next shot.

We alternate rounds...if he drove the last round I’m driving the next etc.

Driver, Almost always.. definitely some control issues lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Either. Now that the temperature is way up there, I'm riding more. Still prefer walking when heat stroke isn't an option.

I definitely prefer to drive.

I like riding as I’m usually the short knocker. Drop me off, go to yours. I’ll walk to you. Faster pace that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back