Golf Carts: Driver or Riding Shotgun?

With certain people I play with I insist on driving. Yes I'm still holding a grudge against my best friend for throwing me out of a cart back in 1996.

But for the most part, I don't really care and will usually give whomever I'm riding with the option.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Shotgun. Makes it easier to think about my next shot that way.

My first choice is to drive, but after I've ridden shotgun for a while I like the fact of not having to be responsible for "where" the cart is.

Never use a cart ... to me, the walk is a fundamental part of the game.

@j_sizzle9 @NoShanks what’s your plan in two short week

Ok.....nothing to do with Grandaddy cause I know we would alternate.

When I know who I’m playing with in my golfing circle, I make the worse golfer drive and I ride shotgun. No way I’m driving all over the course when my ball is in center of fairway.:ROFLMAO:

but if its a course I’ve played a lot and the person I’m playing with never played before, I’m happy to drive.

2 weeks I don’t care ;)

Driver. I Ike having my life in my own hands when at all possible. Also I feel like i could write a bathroom book about “how to drive and park your golf: cart while in a foursome for fastest play.”

Driver. I Ike having my life in my own hands when at all possible. Also I feel like i could write a bathroom book about “how to drive and park your golf: cart while in a foursome for fastest play.”
Is chapter 1: Don’t park at one ball and wait for everyone to hit before moving the cart?

Is chapter 1: Don’t park at one ball and wait for everyone to hit before moving the cart?

But what if one ball is in middle of fairway on playing hole and other ball is in another fairway of a different hole?

But what if one ball is in middle of fairway on playing hole and other ball is in another fairway of a different hole?
This is a totally plausible scenario if we are paired together.

If course I know much better I drive otherwise all other scenarios I prefer to ride as I enjoy walking a lot.

Either is fine for me.

Habitually I guess, driving is slightly preferred but not for the driving part. It's more the orientation of the bag on the cart. I'm more familiar with it being on the driver's side.

I mostly don't care which. When i golf with the wife she drives because it gives her something fun to do if she isn't playing well. With others its usually alternates a lot. Last one to tee off rides more often I guess, and then however it's convenient. You tend to mark your own ball better, so if you're short (especially in trouble), you usually drive to yours, get out and play, ride to the next guy's ball, etc.

I'm amending this to say how thankful I am that wife-driving-the-cart season is almost over. I've started to care. A lot.

I have taken to driving rather than riding shotgun... ever since I was a passenger in a cart when the driver lost control and I ended up with a broken wrist. Not against being a passenger, I just feel more comfortable if I am driving.

Is very rare that I play anywhere that needs carts, it's not really a thing in the UK other than a few courses. Certainly when I go abroad to play I enjoy driving the cart, although happy to share and share alike.

I much much prefer to drive.

With my tendency to play ready golf, I want the ability to progress at my pace.

Yes! Ready golf! I usually let my partner off at his/her ball and drive to mine, and we hit about the same time! Then, I pick him/her up! I don't like to dilly-dally! HIT THE DAMN BALL! It's NOT rocket science.

Yes! Ready golf! I usually let my partner off at his/her ball and drive to mine, and we hit about the same time! Then, I pick him/her up! I don't like to dilly-dally! HIT THE DAMN BALL! It's NOT rocket science.
Surprisingly that never bothers me as a passenger. It's the weird decisions people make when driving, how they drive, especially if they do things like run up on the grass near the green or go into the rough (we encourage staying in the fairway at my course).

All that stuff is annoying to me, like, high trigger annoying haha

I prefer to drive. Doesn't bother me if I am shotgun though unless I am with someone that hasn't played the course before and they are driving on the course vs. the cart path on a par 3. :dohanim:

My playing partner may be the nicest person I know.... unless we're sharing a cart. Not sure what the deal is but we're talking Jeckyll and Hyde. The best part is that he kept insisting I drive. At one point he got pissed because he pulled a wrong club and wanted me to drive literally 20' closer so he could pull the right one.

Solution...he rides and I walk.

I'm vehemently against my friends drinking and driving... because i'm selfish and it is so much fun! So yes I prefer to drive.

Back