Golf Carts: Driver or Riding Shotgun?

clarkgriswold

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
What’s your choice and why? Generally I prefer to drive, unless it’s a brand new course to me and the person I’m playing with has significant experience on it. Sometimes We split 9/9 or 18/18 if we’re playing 18+ usually always a game time decision, unless someone in the group is on call for work or something and needs to occasionally check in.

I'm okay with either option. If it's an "update" event, I prefer to split the tasks over the 18 holes.

I don’t mind driving or riding and if my cartner prefers one over the other that’s perfectly fine with me. My dad usually likes to drive at his home course and when we play at a course I’m more familiar with he prefers I drive, then he can drink a few!!

I prefer to drive as I have better eyes than most of my regular playing partners and can track the ball better. I'm walking 90% of my rounds now so it's no longer much of a factor.

“Daddy always drives”

He used that line on me too. It was.... weird? Good thing he is a great guy or he would be on a list of some kind.

I prefer to drive. I find that most people drive like a maniac on the golf course, so I like to drive. Thats not to say that I dont drive a bit like a maniac at times too but if there is going to be an maniacal driving going on, Id prefer to be in control of the vehicle.

I can go either way as each has its benefits. Driving I am the scorekeeper for the cart and a little more in control in regard to pace of play, utilizing the cart such that I either drop the cartner off at his ball and take the cart, or leave him with the cart and go to my ball. Riding I have the opportunity to do things with a golf app or even do updates but I don't like the idea of having to keep my score separately to have it done "my way".

I like to drive but being the passenger DJ is ok too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could care less either way.

It usually just ends up that whomever arrives first ends up driving.

Usually me---but I don't care

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I prefer to drive and keep score but doesn't really matter either way. Just don't be spreading your legs out and into my area.

On the rare occasion that I ride, it is shotgun because I am going to probably walk about half the time.

Given my choice I’ll drive, but I’m good either way.

Ever since I forgot to wait for @Scarnici to get in the cart before I left, I usually let someone else drive.

Does not matter to me either way.

Ever since I forgot to wait for @Scarnici to get in the cart before I left, I usually let someone else drive.

Leaving me behind like I was not even there lol

Shotgun.

Been told once or twenty times I’m just a bad driver of the golf cart. Always a bumpy ride when I drive. Hard brake. The worst is when I cross a street and forget to slow down and hit the curb.

So I always offer to sit shotty and everyone’s happy.

I like to drive but being the passenger DJ is ok too

Good point. Right here. New thread spawned off this one.

It depends on who I'm paired with. Some of my buddies like to drive, some like "shotgun." I'll take the seat they don't want - it doesn't matter to me.

I almost always drive. Mainly because @T0AD doesn't pay attention when drives. Plus I can hit all the bumps when he has his nose in his phone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back