Do you use a single ball (brand and type) when you play?

I stick with my Bridgestone e6 through the whole round. I have tried dropping some Wilson staff and one I found and the feedback if you feel clubs like me and impact throws me off a bit. I like to feel the same all the way through since I got back into golf

I find that I am getting more consistent when I play the same ball. I've tried Pro V1s, Chrome Softs, and a few others I picked up, but I've stuck with the ERC this year and it's helped.

I often start off with a sleeve of Truvis and then I'll make my way through what's in the bag if I lose those.

I try to play the same ball for the whole round. If I lose it, I'll substitute a ball of the same brand/type. Sometimes (many times), I use a different brand for provisional shots to ease in differentiating. If I lose two balls in one round, all bets are off and i move on to my other balls in the bag.

Current rotation includes Snell MTB, Snell MTB-X, and Chromesoft X (Truvis if i can get my grubby hands on them).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My preference is Pro V1 but I just got some Snell MTB-X and they are excellent as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I got 5 dozen MTB/MTB-X. I think I prefer the MTB.

If I find something I have not hit new model in good shape I may hit it a few times per round to compare with what I started round with.

On a side if anyone has new 1st year csx I want some. I hate the graphene feel, sorry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Lostgolfballs.com

Sort through what you get, take out the 1st gen, sell the others.

I play one one ball brand as my “gamer”

If I find balls that are “good”
And in good shape i’ll save them and give them to friends who just pick stuff up and play randomly

One brand and model ball...all the time...even when practicing.

If you think using different balls affects your putting, just try mixing balls when practicing chipping or pitching!

My go-to’s are Callaway Superhot Bold and Truvis. I have no problem playing random balls that I find if they’re in good shape and it’s actually allowed me to try various balls that I may not have purchased otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only use one ball. Right now it is AXV since it is lower spinning and we are in the windy season here in Texas. On calmer days I’ll use a Vice Pro+ since it spins more.

I only use 1 type of ball during a round

In my bag I have Chromesoft X, but I also have a dozen Chromesoft that I will most likely put in to play when the weather cools down
If I find any balls on the course whilst playing I will keep them to give to Jen as, at her level of ability, it doesn't make much difference to her which ball she uses

Same ball and model for 15 years now. Even the same ball in my shag bag(s).

In practice rounds I only putt with a same new ball, which is different from the same near new ball I have been walloping around the course. If the game ball gets bladed, cart path, tree etc I get a new one. I mark two dots on the putter ball... 1 dot on the play ball. In regular rounds scoring, bets etc I use 2 new balls per 9 and carry a wet microfiber towel to clean ball/ club. I am also mindful water is left, wind is right to left and I draw the ball...so don't go there somehow before I pull a club....I don't like losing balls either, but consider the penalty stroke worse than the lost ball cost. little off topic...

Always the same ball...always. Found balls are strictly for the shag bag at home

one ball brand/type per round...but different for different rounds.
I have my tournament balls (Bridgestone 330)
I have my "scramble with prizes" balls...found Pro-V1s
and I have my "just hacking around with the regular foursome" which will be 3 of whatever brand I have 3 of, with my custom marking job on them. Pretty much anything except the rocks known as Top Flite

I play two different balls mostly just depending on how I am feeling. If I am not playing well or feel tight I play the cheap Wilson double dozen Zip. Its actually a really good ball for the cheap price and doesn't hurt my feelings if I lose a few. If I am playing well and feeling good, I go with Srixon Z-Stars. They are just a fabulous ball and work really well for my game when my game is on.

I play the same ball all round. That being said, I will play about 4 or 5 different balls that all suit my game.

If I find others on the course, they go in the bag for hitting into the woods at the house.

I'll play the ProV1 pretty much all the time. Sometimes I might switch it off and play the TP5X once in a while

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I will play the same brand of ball the whole round. I have been trying different ones throughout the last year and will be sticking with the Bridgestone Tour B RX. Any balls I find go to the son in law.

Always the same- TM Project (a) or TP5, they're often easily found recycled for about $1.50 each, all my regulars know that's my brand, so there's rarely any question about which is mine, and I like the consistency of play.

Generally don't switch balls during a round as I've gotten much better at not losing them. I usually play V1/V1x, TP5, or Zstar.

I know I’m not a pro... but the more consistency I can get, the better. I’ve found a ball I love, so I stick to it and play just it. The predictability around the greens when I’m scrambling is worth it to me.

This is something I have really tried to do this year. Focus on finding one ball for me and keeping that line in play during the round. In the past I've been a "whatever I grab from the bag" guy, esp when losing a ball on the course. I've primarily focused on two balls this season, OnCore Elixr and Srixon Z-Star XV. I could game either of those with no issues if I had to enter a tournament today.

I only use Callaway Supersoft ... my thinking is that I have so many variables in my game, it is good to remove one of them by only using the same ball all the time.

Back