How important is the putter grip?

This subject is a bit of a sore one for me. I currently game the golf pride tour snsr contour pro and the non contour before it's release, It's just perfect for my putting game. In conversation with the mrs about putters, she asked if I wanted to give a few mallet styles a go out of curiosity since I've only played blades. Even though my overall stroke was smoother, they felt horrible in my hands with their stock grips. Makes me wonder how much trial and error people go through all because of the grips that are stock on putters if they normally game something like me or a flat cat.

I'm sure its been said but it's the club we use the most during a round of golf. You want to have a consistent grip/stroke. Finding one that you like will be beneficial, to me.

I think its important and plays a role just like having grips you like on everything else play a role. If it doesn't feel quite right to the individual then its not going to perform quite right. A lot of that is probably more mental then physical but the mental part of golf is so important and sometimes our brains make us do things subconsciously we may not otherwise want to do. That's just my thoughts though and you know more about this game then I will ever know.

The grip definitely aid or impede the stroke you're trying to make. I've been considering going away from a midsize grip on one of my putters.

My preference is to never change my putter grip. I've got about 30 Lamkin i-Line putter grips in the basement and I have no plans of altering grips any time soon.

Commitment to hand setup and profile. I am absolute on this.

I am much more comfortable with an oversize grip.

I've used an oversize putter grip for years, even before they became popular. I have large hands, and a normal sized putter grip just doesn't feel right.

I used to think it didn't really matter much but have changed my tune. I don't care for the big oversized grips I feel like you lose some feel with those. Weight plays a bigger role than many think as that can completely change the feel of the head.

Personally I prefer a pistol shaped grip and have done just fine with the stock ones on my last 2 putters. My gamer SC grip is starting to show signs of wear and I've considered changing it but am hesitant to do so because I'm comfortable with it right now.

I think the grip size and feel are very important. I had a big one on a few years back and get not get the right feel going.

Also very important to get a new grip installed square to the putter face.

I've been using large grips for several years. It started with the Winn Jumbo but then SuperStroke came into my life with the Slim 3.0 and it's been a love affair since then.
I have tried smaller grips since the switch, but they just don't feel comfortable in my hands and I struggle with the putting stroke.

Back