Your reaction when you hear "FORE!"?

Bend over, arms over head and hope for the best. I don't have cart protection.

I pretend that my arm is a Captain America's shield.

"Oh F," then duck and cover.

If out in the open I cover my neck and head, if near the cart take cover there. If near some trees will tuck behind one.

I just turn my back to it and don't move. Most people can't judge that distance from 200 yds or more. I have had them get within 5 yds or so, but really, can you pinpoint a balls landing spot to the door from 200 yards. Most people that i have seen get hit, ran.....right into it

Turn my head and cover my neck and dome. I will retreat behind cover if available.

duck and cover

Hands over my head and turn my back towards the direction of the person yelling fore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just run as fast as I can around in a circle. I figure its hardest to hit a moving target.:D
No but really.... I run to the greens at the pin because that's the last place anyone is hitting.:D
No really.... I hide behind the largest person in the group:D

Ok this time for real.....I dive on to the floor but land head first into someone's spit:alien:

Ok honestly I just put hands over my head and slouch a little.
Just the other day was the closest I ever came to getting hit. I had hit a shot form 18th tee that went left and was in between the 17th and 18th fairways. I was about (no kidding) 300+ yrds from the 17th par 5 tee. And so I here "FORE!" cover my head and low and behold a ball lands about 8 feet from me, takes a bounce at me over my head and stops in the softer wet I was standing in just a few feet from me. Was one heck of a shot. I waved over that I was good and was impressed with the shot. Fwiw he had a play at the green from there.

I tend to put my arms over my head and duck. I have no concept of direction of sound, so i just try to cover myself and watch my peripheral for others getting up or moving around normally again.

I will duck behind the cart, or my push cart, if I'm not near them I cover my head and duck.

Although, the times I've come closest to being hit nobody called Fore or anything. Once I was walking up to my ball on the green of a par 3 and a lady hit driver from the Tee and the ball screamed by 4 inches from me, and straight into the woods past the green. The other time I was also on a Par 3, I putted out and walked up to my cart and was putting my putter back in the bag, when a ball which must have been bladed glanced off my bag (between my body and golf bag) and shot off into the neighborhood to the left of the hole.

Both offenders decided to stay on the tee until I had pulled forward.

Whiskey

Turn away from where I heard it from, cover my head and crouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

look up and in the direction of the yell

if there's something small and mostly white getting bigger and bigger, I move over a step or two

Crouch down as close as possible to my trolley and bag, trying where possible to put it between me and the shout, and cover my head.

I'm the idiot that looks for it... If I can't see it I'll turn around to not cop one in the face, but if it hits me it hits me

I turn from the sound and stick my butt out. If I’m gonna get hit I want it in the cushioned area.

Duck, turn away from the direction of the fore and put both my hands over the back of my head. I've been hit 6 times so I react fairly fast when I hear it.

One hand covers back of my head, other hand covers my junk with a sort of turn n hunch if I have time

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Duck, turn away from the direction of the fore and put both my hands over the back of my head. I've been hit 6 times so I react fairly fast when I hear it.

Agreed, I cover my head to avoid another hit.

I pretty much drop down and protect my head with my arms as best I can. I’ve only been hit with one ball and physically it didn’t hurt much.

It hit me in the pocket right smack into my new iPhone. Kaboom! That hurt. Never did find out who hit it and there definitely was no “Fore!!!!”” yelled. I waited a few minutes and no one even ventured towards me. I’m thinking someone just lost it off the tee and had no clue where it went.

Cover my head and duck and turn. Lately, I'd just be happy to here "fore." the last 3 times we've played, young punks have it right at us and didn't say anything. Almost got hit 4 times by my count (ball within 2 yards or closer). One young kid was bombing it off the tee and he was trying to get us to speed up. We basically told him there were to large groups ahead uf us, so chill out or we will hospitalize you.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I squat low and cover my head making sure my hands are over my ears. Usually wear a hat golfing so face is guarded if I look down. I also count to 6-8 seconds and then uncover and slowly look up after looking around slowly to be certain.

wow...6 times? That's pretty incredible but I suppose with the amount of golf you have played though the years its not really all that much.

Back