Do You Match Play?

I play in 2 Ryder Cup type events where last game is MP, and one Matchplay tournament which is flighted after first round. They are all a lot of fun.

Yes. 1 long/ongoing local tournament and several times a month with my son just to mix things up. We also play various tee boxes and scramble at times as well and will play shamble format starting in a few weeks to get ready for our clubs annual parent/jr tournament.

Play it all the time and love it. Adds a bit of a wrinkle to the game. Often keep track of match and stroke with my usual group, surprised at how often we split the games. Big shoutout to WOLF too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like playing it but don't normally have regular group I play with so don't get to play it a lot

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Love Love Love me some match play. I wish I got to play it more often, hit the reset button on every hole and just give it a go again. It allows you to maybe play a little diffferent than you would in stroke play.........sometimes safer, sometimes riskier, maybe a driver where you normally wouldnt. It just all depends if you're in the drivers seat or not in the match. I enjoy the pressure of trying to hit the shots when you have to.

Yes, I started playing match play against my dad for almost every round a couple months ago...and I started tracking it since I think it will be fun to look at years down the road.

I'm probably a few strokes better than him handicap wise but he won't take strokes, which makes it more fun anyway and has been okay since I think I'm only like one or two matches up on him and all but one have come down to one of the last 2 or 3 holes.

I suggested to him that we play match play as a way to stop worrying about our final score as much since we both care about that too damn much. I think it's helping.

Usually only if it's some kind of event. I should start challenging buddies to it more often though because I absolutely love it.

I like match play a lot. It bring some competition in the round, while giving all levels of players a chance. You have a blow up hole and you are just down one hole versus stroke play.

Plus, I think match play speeds up the round. Once you are out, just pickup the ball and move to the next hole.

The only down issue is scoring for handicap if you pickup your ball.

Almost all of my rounds are team match play Nassau’s. Toss the golf balls on the first tee to determine partners for the day, and have at it. Modest wagers with automatic presses at 2 down, maybe with some side action for junk (birdies, greenies, sandies). Not a lot of money changing hands usually, but totally changes the dynamic of the round when there is pride and a few bucks on the line.

Every round I play with my regular partners is match play.

Not enough and I love the aspect of match play!!! Who is up for a match???

Well I can get off work at 4:00 today but it'll take me a few hours to drive to Ohio. Never enough daylight when you need it.

Love to my friend. Maybe we hook up at a THP Event this year and we can make it happen.

Absolutely JB...it’s been too long! You know I’ll be trying and entering to get into a future event.

Heck I may be in your area over the next few months as I cover one of the hospitals in your area.

Only once at a THP event 3 short years ago. This will be my first time in a competitive league, but it will be stroke play I believe.

Just the one time at the Srixon Event this year. Quite an eye opener on how different, and difficult, those formats can affect you. It is fun though and look forward to trying again.

I play match play quite often. Probably about half of my rounds. I love match play.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I have a buddy that I play match play with quite often. Match play helps not letting one blow up hole ruin the competition.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sunday mornings are usually my self and my best friend, we used to play strokes and would get frustrated midway through a round, noticing there was no hope (both bad golfers) we flipped to match play and both really enjoy it. I still secretly keep score just to gauge myself on how I'm playing, but its a more enjoyable experience.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My league is match play. Probably my favorite competitive format.

Frank,
whenever you have time you name the course, lets roll match play. But actually keep track...

I enjoy match play a lot but don't get the opportunity as much as I'd like. I used to play regularly but my playing partner hung up his clubs a few years ago.

Looking to do a lil match play this weekend

Both the leagues I play in are match play but we also do low net and skins so you still count your strokes. So even though it's match play, most of the time you're still putting out. I would say half of my rounds are match play but still putting out.

Yes. I love match play.

Back