gonyr

Reaction score
Handicap
20+
I was talking about this with my playing buddies the other day, and we came to the realization that there are clubs we carry all the time in our bags that almost never get used. Sometimes it's a decision, like my one friend that won't hit his 3-wood because he's terrible at it. In my case it's the 6-iron. It just seems like I'm never at an appropriate spot (about 170 yards for me) to hit it. My 5 and 7 irons get pretty regular use, but I really can't remember the last time I pulled out the 6. It's certainly been over a month.

What is your least used club, either by decision or by coincidence?

5i for me gets the least love, after that it would be my PW. Just never at those distances when I play for some reason.

I was talking about this with my playing buddies the other day, and we came to the realization that there are clubs we carry all the time in our bags that almost never get used. Sometimes it's a decision, like my one friend that won't hit his 3-wood because he's terrible at it. In my case it's the 6-iron. It just seems like I'm never at an appropriate spot (about 170 yards for me) to hit it. My 5 and 7 irons get pretty regular use, but I really can't remember the last time I pulled out the 6. It's certainly been over a month.

What is your least used club, either by decision or by coincidence?

Definitely my 3 wood. It gets hit maybe once off the deck a round, and maybe twice off the tee. Mostly because I have been hitting my driver like a laser beam, and can get a good 240 out of my UT without the bounce.

That said, it might change soon because I hit my 3 wood incredibly well all weekend.

It's a 5w for me. I might have hit with at the range, but never used it during a round.

This one seems odd to me, but it's true, Heavenwood. Usually a club I have relied on quite a bit over the years, but this year I'm just not finding myself in that yardage as much. With that being said, it isn't a club I have any real interest in removing for something else.

3w. it is too fade biased and i have no confidence in it. next to that would be my 58, because it's a hot mess and i can do all things through my 56* who strengthens me.

My 5 iron. I've already pulled my 4 iron because that also gets almost no use. I normally play tees in the 6500 yard range and it doesn't leave me any approach shots or par 3's that are 5 iron distance, about 190 yards. We have one par 3 that can play 190ish but it's usually either 175ish or 215 depending on which tee box they use. I don't think I've hit it the last five rounds.

4 iron. Typically if I’m at a distance where it would be appropriate, I’ll go with a hybrid. I would say 3 iron but I’ll use that for a punch shot out of the woods more often than I’d like to admit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Cobra Connect, its my 56 degree, which is kind of funny

one of the advantages of not being good enough at golf is that I get to use all my clubs often enough:alien:

4 iron and 7 iron for me. Just based on how the holes are set up on our home course - they rarely come out of the bag. I've moved on to mostly a 5-PW setup and added a 5W instead.

3 wood for sure. Some rounds I don't even take it out of the bag. Lately on long par 5s I lay up if even a little trouble lurks.

Since changing my bag, it is the 3W that has been used the least at the moment, but that is mainly because it is just as long as my old driver (which would put me in trouble on a number of holes at my home course)

It also depends on the wind direction, lately I have been using the 2i off the tee on a number of holes, but if the wind is against then I can pull the 3W and (hopefully) not reach the trouble I am trying to avoid with the 2i

I don't use my fairway wood that often, but I need it when I need it for sure.

Probably my 3 hybrid. Just don't seem to end up using it much as I rarely encounter that distance.

4w, it's their mostly for position shots on dog legs or short fairways. Other than that I pretty much use every club in my bag for a few shots each round.

Right now its my 3 wood as I am trying a new strategy of just hitting 4 iron for second shots into par 5s (actually seems to be helpful haha), but I feel its mainly because the shaft is too light/weak on it. I need to reshaft it to something I am comfortable with and I am sure itll be much better. Typically though its my 50* wedge, but that has changed as well as Im using it to hit more bump and runs around the green and using it for partial shots instead of full shots with my 56 (again, seems to be working as my scores continue to be much better).

last year it was my 3w, I took it out of the bag and replaced it with a 60 wedge.

Beginning of this year is the 56 wedge. I don't full swing the 56 or 60, I use the 52 for pitching and chipping, the 9 & PW for chipping with lots of roll out, and the 60 for sand/flop/short chips. The 60 wedge out of the sand has been better than my 56. So I found that I was never pulling the 56. The 56 has been benched with the 3w.

My 5i might get hit once every 3-5 rounds.

3Hybrid.

And their isn't any issue with it. I'll hit my 2H off the tee when I want and send that club on 2nd shot Par 5s if no danger is ahead.

Don't play a lot of Par 3s that are 210-215 which is my 3H. But I do play some 190-200 Par 3s which is for my 4H.

3 hybrid for me. Rarely have a yardage in to a hole that matches my 3H distance.

I would have to say my 4i. I honestly wonder why it is even in my bag and wha I would replace it with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5H for me.

My 4H is 175, my 6H is 165. 5H is about the same.

That being said, I delofted my 4H and added loft to my 6H recently, and the 5H has come back into play more. But given the course I play and my ability level, it might be used once a round.

Whatever my lowest lofted fairway wood is, typically doesn't get used in my bag that often

5i or 5w, but that should change for my next round. Need to trust the FWs and long irons more and not just pull driver just because.

Back