What helps get your confidence back?

Hitting a few iron shots in a row that are in good tempo. Once I get that feel down, it transfers into the rest of my game and my confidence is restored.

Holling a long putt or a couple medium to long ones will usually do it for me.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

One good shot usually does it for me.

If I've lost the groove sometimes I go to the range and work on the worst part of my game (high fade). If I can actually hit a few of those like I want, I know I can hit anything else.

Let me know when you figure it out. I have zero confidence in my driver currently.

after two 8's in a row I wasnt exactly feelin the mood. then I got a par and was cracking jokes on the next tee... i caught myself and remembered im here to enjoy the game not try to beat Tiger Woods...

For me, it's a long-range session or two where I get back to basics. I've struggled a bit with a high push with the driver recently, and today I went to the range and laid out three alignment shafts: one parallel to my feet, one perpendicular to it to line up my left heel with the ball, and another just past the ball pointing at the target. After about 30 balls, I was hitting my drives at my target with a little draw. Sometimes it will take me 200 balls before I find it on the range, but it does wonder for my confidence once I do find it.

Last edited:
A good drive goes a loong way for me. I'm not a long hitter by any stretch, so having confidence off the tee tends to free up the rest of my game.

A hot putter can make the rest of the game way easier and boost my confidence. And the quickest way to take my confidence away is to have a poor day off the tee.

Driving the ball reasonably well seems to give all aspects of my game a boost.

I still haven't figured it out

When I am driving the ball well it tends to breed confidence through the rest of my game

If I lose my confidence I will try to get to the range with a mid-iron to just work on tempo until I hit some consecutive shots like I want to see, and then maybe hit a few drives to make sure that tempo carries over to that as well

My 7i gives me confidence. It’s my go to club when I duff a drive, rather than trying to make up lost distance, I’ll hit my most reliable club to get the ball to where the drive should have been. Watching the ball fly true and on target does wonders for my golf attitude.

My 7i gives me confidence. It’s my go to club when I duff a drive, rather than trying to make up lost distance, I’ll hit my most reliable club to get the ball to where the drive should have been. Watching the ball fly true and on target does wonders for my golf attitude.

I good with that, love my 7 iron.

Going to the range and hitting my longer irons well gets my confidence up.

I tend to screw up longer approach shots with a 5 or 6 iron a few times each round due to poor contact. Hitting a number of good shots with those clubs at the range gets my mind in a good spot to go play a round.

What helps you get your confidence back when you are playing bad?

For me it is a couple good wedge shots. For instance last night at league, had a couple of 70 yards shots that I put inside of 5 feet. That will make it go way up. Or roll in a couple of long putts will also do the trick for me.

Going back to a course that you know like the back of your hand and being able to post a good number.

My confidence comes and goes usually a few times a round. I get it back when I hit a few good shots in a row just as I thought them through in my head. When I can execute shots, give myself a reasonable birdie putt, and string a couple pars together, then I get my confidence back. Until the next triple, then the process begins again!

I had a really good range session tonight with the driver and that has got me feeling good.

A pured 6 iron. There's nothing like it.

Definitely when i hit some longer putts outside of 10 feet, confidence builds quick. Long putts leads to less pressure to stick it tight, which leads to better swings and ironically helps get you closer to the pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I slow everything down. I stop worrying about distance and just swing easy - to make solid contact. Usually if I do that for a few holes I can then get back on track.

This helps me a lot.

For me, it's a long-range session or two where I get back to basics. I've struggled a bit with a high push with the driver recently, and today I went to the range and laid out three alignment shafts: one parallel to my feet, one perpendicular to it to line up my left heel with the ball, and another just past the ball pointing at the target. After about 30 balls, I was hitting my drives at my target with a little draw. Sometimes it will take me 200 balls before I find it on the range, but it does wonder for my confidence once I do find it.

Who knew alignment sticks were so useful?:alien: I can't remember seeing anyone ever using sticks on the range - I need to do this more often.

Back