How Good is Your Partial Game?

Mine is a work in progress. I practice 1/4 and 1/2 swing wedge shots but I am not super consistent with them yet.

It’s sitting untouched on my shelf and I feel ashamed. I’m gonna go pick it up right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pelz advocates a system of 4 different swing lengths for each wedge, giving you 4 distances for each wedge. Enjoy the book!

I really only use partial shots with my wedges. I feel fairly comfortable with my PW and 56 degree on a variety of partial swings.

I guess I also feel pretty good with partial punch shots with an 8 iron to stay low and get out of trouble from a variety of distances.
Handy when a drive goes astray and you want to put yourself somewhere an up and down is possible.

My partial game is ok and getting better. I am having to learn to be better at it with some advances in other aspects of my game. I will say a lot of it is more by feel then anything else and that usually equates to some good days and some days that while not bad, are not quite as good. I really need to take the time to make an effort to focus on getting more information about my partial swings with clubs then going by feel but there is not really a good place around here to do that as most ranges here have no or limited yardage markers and use limited flight balls. I think when I am feeling really solid on my irons again, I may go out to my cousin's land and set up some distance markers. I can take some game balls then and make a real effort to work on getting known numbers.

I worked on this today at the range with my coach and started making progress.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Honestly it’s the best part of my game. No idea how or why.

Honestly it’s the best part of my game. No idea how or why.

I go partial all the time from 100yds and in, if I go hard at my wedges I hit them straight up and they go nowhere.

I can't say mine is very good other than with wedges.
I don't really practice that shot at all.
If I am between clubs, I grip down on the longer one and take a normal swing.

Sometimes I still have to use half and 3/4 shots. Short part fours, some par fives. I only carried a PW as a junior so I'm ok at them, I could be better and practice them a couple hours a week. The course I play has tiny greens, so little room for error if you want to putt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back