How Many 9-Hole vs. 18-Hole (or more) Rounds Do You Play?

9 hole rounds are 2-1 because of league play. I play league every week where as getting out for a full round is hit or miss

Probably 1 9 hole round for every 100 18 hole rounds.

I rarely play 9 holes, mainly because I just prefer to play a complete round, plus the times that are best for me to play are usually mornings and courses around me won't book 9 holes until 12. My ratio is probably 15-1 or even 20-1.

Usually play more 9 hole rounds than 18. Like to get out before/after work whenever I can.

2 9-hole to 21 18 since I started playing again. I tend to only play 9 when I'm with my wife. She usually wants to eat or swim after that amount of time on the course.

The nine holes or less than 18 hole rounds I play are typically with the family or kids, or specific 9 hole night/couples events

In a typical year, what proportion of your rounds are 9 holes vs. 18 holes or more?

I would say 75% are 9 hole rounds. I find it easier to block off 2-2.5 hours than 4-6 especially going out later in the day.

I almost never played any 9 hole rounds till this year when I joined a 9 hole league on Thursday evenings.
Now I play 1 9 hole round per week and then usually 2 18 hole rounds on top of that.

I only play 9-hole rounds if I'm playing in the league. Since I was kicked off the league this year, looks like I'm only playing 18 holes this year. :act-up:

I don't get warmed up until about the 8th hole anyway. So I would prefer to play 18

I chose "a few 9-hole rounds" because for me it's more than zero. But I'm guessing so far this year I've played nine maybe two or three times and played eighteen well over fifty.

It takes me a minimum of half an hour each way to and from the golf course, more if there's heavy traffic. I just have trouble going to the time and effort of getting there if I'm not playing eighteen.

My 9-hole rounds tend to be when we're at the beach. There's a fun course just a few blocks from the house and I'll wander over there on the spur of the moment and play nine. Or sometimes eighteen.

Only 9 hole rounds I play are on Men's league night, or if rained out.

Mostly 9 holes, unfortunately. For league play we start late enough that 9 is all we can get in most weeks. I like to play 18 on the weekends, but that's all dictated on the little ones these days.

Almost always 9 holes. Once a week for league, plus 1-2 times beyond that. I play 18 less than 5 times a year.

About 70/30 split. I play more 9 holes as usually play them once a week on tuesdays at 6:30am and after work when I can, like tonight possibly.. I play 18 probably every other week or every 3rd week.

My only 9 hole rounds this year were due to being rained out and on par 3 an executive courses and those were very few.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Seven months in to this year, I've played 44 rounds of 18 holes and 7 rounds of 9 holes.

From May through August, I play a 9 hole league round weekly. I end up playing more 9 hole rounds as a result.

I will play quite a few 9 hole rounds as they take less time and I can sneak out just about whenever. If I have to throw a ratio at it I would say 3:1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to play mostly 9 holes by myself, late in the day. Since I started with my senior group three years ago, I think I've played 9 once, because it was raining hard and we quit at the turn.

So far I've only played 9 hole rounds. When the weather gets cooler this fall I'm going to try 18. One reason is that i'm a new golfer, we also play at 5pm during the summer so we can't get 18 in.

Less than 5% of my rounds are 9 holes unless it's the 15 or so times a year at the par 3 course by my house with my daughter. Usually those are on days when I've already played 18 holes at the club. On the other hand, I play 27 or more holes on average 4 or 5 times a month.

90% 18 holes. 10% 9 holes. I generally only play 9 holes when I don't have time for 18 or I'm playing so poorly that I can't bear the thought of 18.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Back