What never gets old in golf?

Cracking a beer open after I shank my first tee-shot of the day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That feeling on the first tee that you have another shot at your personal best.

Saying "that's good" to a 3 ft putt to a friend because the round means more than the score you shoot that day.

Playing with THPers.

I think the sight of seeing your ball stop by the hole for a kick in putt. Not that any good shot ever gets old :)

As far as playing with other people, seeing the excitement on someones face when they hit a great shot never gets old to me.

The eyeball dance you do when an iron is flushed right on line with the pin. You know the one where you keep bouncing back and forth from hole to ball trying to calculate how close it's going to be in the short window of time before you actually see how close it is. I love that, whether it's my ball or my partners ball I don't care it's just awesome.

The feeling of hope and excitement that is there on the first tee of every round.

Making birdie.

Flushing a mid iron.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm with you on the good shot thing. I love playing a good round, but I'm equally as happy when I see my playing partners hit good ones out there.

Another thing I'll never get tired of: visualizing a great round or shot. I know I stink, but that doesnt stop me from believing that the next round is going to be the one where everything clicks and I'm walking up to 18 at 2 or 3-under.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The inevitable double-bogie that follows a birdie ......... that just never gets old ...... because it followed a birdie!!!!

For me a long putt that breaks and falls right to the cup and goes in.

There is something about holing a chip shot from any range, for any score, that is immensely satisfying. Just thinking about watching it roll and track the cup gives me tingles.

Flushing a 6 iron. Nothing beats the feeling.

Hitting the cart path on a long drive,, and wondering just how close you might be....

Getting up early on a Saturday. The sun just coming up, dew still on the grass, and the golf course in front of you. No waiting for other groups on front of you, except the occasional deer in the fairway. So serene, peaceful, and amazing. I love being a dew sweeper for these reasons.

Getting up early on a Saturday. The sun just coming up, dew still on the grass, and the golf course in front of you. No waiting for other groups on front of you, except the occasional deer in the fairway. So serene, peaceful, and amazing. I love being a dew sweeper for these reasons.

I'll go with a similar answer. An early morning or late evening round when there's piece and quiet on the course and it's mostly sounds of nature. It's one of the most peaceful feelings in life.

Making a long putt, be it for par or birdie or eagle. All equally so satisfying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What never gets old in golf? The f-word and it aint fore.

The feeling of excitement and satisfaction when a shot happens exactly as you planned it up and envisioned it. Those make me coming back

Giving your playing partners a hard time never ever gets old. Especially when they do something completely out of character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with all of it...

Puring a drive with a butter draw, sinking a long putt, hitting out of the sand with that perfect thud, hearing AJ say YO on shipshow. jk on the last one...but seriously.

The addiction of the challenge in each shot, to improve and sharing it with friends and family, regardless of ability or age.

Why else would there be such a strong THP community?

Many thanks to you all.

The enjoyment of the game.

Back