What never gets old in golf?

Getting up in the morning and knowing that I still can play another round. No matter how bad I play, it still beats doing almost anything else.

The sound that is heard when the driver hits the ball on the sweet spot! No better sound and never gets old.

For me its that early morning on a Saturday with a buddy or 3. Haggling mercilessly over pops on the first tee, smell of cut grass in the air, dew flicking up the legs, the two guardian trees posted on either side of #1 fairway just daring you to screw up your opening shot.

Sigh...that's what it's all about.

The serenity and beauty of the golf course keeps me coming back, even after a bad round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leaving work early once a week definitely does not suck. Once I get the bag loaded on the cart headed for hole #1.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Getting to play every few weeks with my 94-yr-old dad.

Getting to play with my kids and seeing their faces light up when they make a great shot or putt... cannot replace that joy

I don't know how to convey the feeling I get when a mid iron makes that lovely "click" sound on a well struck shot. You can feel it through you entire body. I don't care if it's on the course or at the range. It is actually addictive to me.

Following your opponent's long par putt with a birdie to win the hole.

I've only done it a few times, but I'm pretty sure it will NEVER get old.....

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The beverage cart girls,

true, they always seem to be the same age.
5d33b91d69dc399d3f52b24267720c6b.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The feeling you get on the first tee of every round. It's a mixture of excitement, hope, nerves, and terror (especially in a tournament). I absolutely love that feeling and then the feeling that comes after you've flushed a drive down the fairway.

I love it when golf winks at you... like when you just make an absolute mess of a tee shot and approach, then drain some ridiculous chip or putt for a birdie or par.

Or like the shank I hit on 13 the other day that clanked off a tree and dropped to about 5 feet from the pin.

Or that last putt of the day on 18, when you've 3 putted every green in a 10 mile radius, and you just half-@$$ that last one from 25 feet without really even bothering to look at it, and... it goes in.

I absolutely laugh out loud at that stuff.

Never gets old when I hit any shot just like I visualized it. While it doesn't happen all the time when it does it makes me feel like I know what I am doing and the practice has paid off

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The anticipation of playing! I'm happy to play once per week (usually on a Friday), and knowing I'm going to play helps glide me through even the bad weeks! The anticipation of a tournament, or golf trip with friends, is also something that will never get old :)

that feeling u get when u drive up to the course and see the greens and fairways from the road , then see your sons face when u take him to play at a different course and he looks at me and says this is a nice looking course dad isnt it? and i say looks great :) and he is smiling from ear to ear

That pured iron shot, the swoosh of the club, the thick whisper at contact and your buddies saying, "Yep, you like that!"

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Now, a serious answer.

Picking up your tee while your drive is still heading down the fairway.

I am going to answer this different then some I think. I love the weird sense of humor the golf gods have. Things like waiting for a short par 4 green to clear only to almost take someones head off from the group you waited on as you hit it onto the tee box of the next hole 30 yards right of the green you waited to clear. That type of thing never gets old to me.

Now, a serious answer.

Picking up your tee while your drive is still heading down the fairway.

Because you can't see the ball anyways or because you flushed it?:alien:

Back